Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Blacksquare TBM 850 released

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

but for those of us who prefer analog gauges.. it is a treat 🙂

I really like the steam gauge - GTN750 combination. One of the advantages of glass is that a well designed PFD reduces the workload on the pilot by presenting a lot of info in a relatively small space so your IFR scan is more focused.  If should make things easier and if I were still flying in real life, I think that would be the way to go if the pocketbook allowed it! On the other hand, in the sim I prefer to be as "en-gauged" as possible, and I think the steam gauge panel does that for me. It just seems more satisfying somehow.

To each their own.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

think you are wise in not buying this airplane, you probably would not enjoy it.. but for those of us who prefer analog gauges.. it is a treat 🙂

I also think he is wise not buying the aircaraft because a study level add on is probably far too much for him too handle 🙂

I think more new members should come on here and complain about things they are not going to buy lol

Gorgeous pic btw Bert

• Like 3

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

6 hours ago, Purr said:

anyone have a chance to try the updated version yet? Sounds like it will be good, a lot of work went into that update!

Flying it now.....it just gets better.

Taking her from KELP to KABQ at sunset....just beautiful.

RZmXgW.jpg

• Like 5

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

57 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

Did you guys see this mod on .to? It is subtle but removes the harsh lines in the annunciator panel. I don't personally have the plane yet, but I'm impressed by this improvement and I've been following the discussion.

https://flightsim.to/file/62131/black-square-tbm-850-annunciator-panel-frame-lines-improvement-mod

The mod is now obsolete. From the changelog on the update: "- The white outlines on the annunciator panel have been reduced in their prominence, and the color of the amber annunciators has been adjusted for a more pleasing effect."

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Love the changes with the 1.1 update.

The takeoff roll feels much better using the recommended takeoff trim settings.

A couple of issues noticed during first flight though:

- Why is the NG rising during climb to cruise level? NG should remain constant due to the PT-6 being an NG Governed engine.

- Pressing the TOGA button still does not give a TO pitch guidance.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

Hmmm just did a testflight of the new version and still don't know what to think about the way BS is trying to do the Beta range. It is IMHO the wrong way to force a preset curve onto an axis and it just doesn't feel correct at all to handle the throttle range this way. If a user wants to use a dedicated axis setup including the Beta range in the normal throttle range than perfectly fine with that but please leave that to the single user needs and tools like fsuipc or a&o to do that. The upcoming M500 and PC12 with full custom engine model will not use this way and no other TP addon that I know of is doing it this way. It will just be BS specific and will need therefore special profiles again. I really would prefer to leave it to the enduser to setup the Beta range on the clients end. May it be with using the toggle event and switch between normal and Beta/Reverse range or configure a curve on your own.

What do others think on this topic?

Cheers T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 1

Does BS have a discord forum?

Would love to ask for a dual G5 configuration as an option as well..

32 minutes ago, davenicoll said:

Does BS have a discord forum?

Would love to ask for a dual G5 configuration as an option as well..

No they don't.  Either post in our Just Flight forum, in the Black Square TBM section or drop our support team a ticket, with the request.

11 hours ago, james42 said:

Would be nice if they could add that EADI and EHSI plus the fancy altimeter to the Kingair too. 

I'm hoping the turbine engine improvements can be back-ported to the C208 and KA350.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Love the changes with the 1.1 update.

The takeoff roll feels much better using the recommended takeoff trim settings.

A couple of issues noticed during first flight though:

- Why is the NG rising during climb to cruise level? NG should remain constant due to the PT-6 being an NG Governed engine.

- Pressing the TOGA button still does not give a TO pitch guidance.

For some strange reason TOGA functionality seems tied to the avionics chosen.  If you choose the radio stack it works.  Doesn't work for me for TDS GTNxi 750TDS or GNS 530 radios. 

37 minutes ago, sergemodular said:

For some strange reason TOGA functionality seems tied to the avionics chosen.  If you choose the radio stack it works.  Doesn't work for me for TDS GTNxi 750TDS or GNS 530 radios. 

Hmm, been wondering about that.  I use the 530 and no TOGA. 

I've added a fully custom interior to N852PS - and then with permission I've added Raller's 1TB interior to my own N654CW paint - both are nearly identical to the real aircraft interiors.  Of course the callsign/tail numbers are dynamic so you can set whatever you want!

53272713275_c4f1ce7244_o.jpgUntitled-6 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53271356562_966155cf12_o.jpgUntitled-5 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

On this paint I did all the metallic effects - using what I learned from Steve and TimHH 🙂

53271357347_a8c51620d6_o.jpgUntitled-2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

53272532628_a365a5f5ce_o.jpgUntitled-12 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 12

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |