Sign in to follow this  
iliasr

SU 14 is ON

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Well I took the plunge as I wanted to fly tonight. Update took less then 30 minutes and I did not loose any settings. I guess waiting until this evening paid off. 

I waited until evening and it still took 3 hours.   It was strange, it slowed way down at about 20% and then after about an hour pause the remaining 80% went in about 30 minutes.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

With a stable 500mbps fibre connection i'm downloading at 1-2MB/sec and sometimes less...ridiculous considering this is at 4 A.M. GMT!!!!

CPU: 7800X3D | RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo CL32 | Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090 OC 

All back to normal for me, finally.  The new sky colors are for real, no doubt.  Well done on that that one.

• Like 3

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

So I downloaded the forced update and now I have a CTD on startup with an associated 0xc0000096 error code. What can I do about this? I have no clue what's wrong!

4 hours ago, emsss78 said:

With a stable 500mbps fibre connection i'm downloading at 1-2MB/sec and sometimes less...ridiculous considering this is at 4 A.M. GMT!!!!

That would be 8 PM on the Pacific Coast of the USA, so probably still plenty of US customers online.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

12 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Who? And why do we need to watch a video about bad download speeds? My god people just watch any old junk these days. 

iTs CONtEnT

"please like and subscribe!"

there is an endless precession of people grifting off MSFS on Youtube

• Like 2

I had normal download times last night. Took a flight out of RAF Topcliffe and over the Moors in the Cirrus, it was spectacular, great performance and the sky colors were epic.

I'll stretch the legs later and take the 789 for a spin.

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

What i love the most about SU14 is that they didn't fix the tile bleed in DX12 and, as a bonus, i now have a spinning wheel during my whole 14h of flight with the 787. Nice job, i'm not alone in the cockpit anymore!

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Why do folks obsess over download speeds? Who cares?

Speeds are dependent on so many factors, many of which we have no control over, so what is the point?

Turn your PC on, start the download, then go and do something else. 

If you need to turn off your PC, the download will resume once your rig is back online. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Speeds are dependent on so many factors, many of which we have no control over, so what is the point?

If you need to turn off your PC, the download will resume once your rig is back online. 

Because every other distribution platform can do it right, it's just this particular Microsoft/Asobo combo that struggles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't think that complaining that the download speed of an update is 0 Mbit/s and pointing out that something is wrong and requiring continual restarts of the program to get it to move at all is obsessing over it. Neither is it particularly strange to find the users of said software complaining about it and entertaining one another whilst they wait for it to be fixed on a forum dedicated to said software.

If this place were named www. downloadfetish .com I suppose I might agree with you, though. 😉 (I hope that's not a real website. Although nothing would surprise me these days).

As an aside. Many of us with liquid cooled machines never leave them alone when they are on which means when an update goes wrong like that we are stuck here waiting for it to finish. Yes, you can pause it and start it later but that isn't ideal either. So we come here and either try to figure out a solution or just have a bit of a laugh because the TV is unwatchable these days.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

39 minutes ago, flyingpicket said:

No issues, all looks very good, just the constant spinning wheel in the bottom right hand corner. 

Good job it’s ’just collecting telemetry’ during the beta then. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jazz said:

If this place were named www. downloadfetish .com I suppose I might agree with you, though. 😉 (I hope that's not a real website. Although nothing would surprise me these days).

Yes, don't joke about it.  I needed to get a good price on a large stationery order at work, and one prankster sent me to a site called pen island.com (without the space).  I got flagged up for that!  :sad:

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.