Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

PMDG 777 goes into beta and flight testing

Which 777 will they release?

Is PMDG starting again with the -200LR/-F first and followed by the -300ER?

18 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

My actual guess is that they already had the MAX ready for P3D, but were forced by Boeing to hold it back after the unfortunate events back then.

This is actually what Randazzo said back in 2019.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

7 minutes ago, bigifooti said:

Not yet announced.

Though don't be surprised if the release order is: -200LR, -200F, -200ER, -300, 300ER, -8, -9.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I think what you call boring, real pilots would call convenient. You don't want difficulties and challenges in daily operations. You want everything to go smooth so that you can concentrate on landing that thing without having to think too much about anything else then to follow what you see on the PFD or outside of the window. 😉

That's why I'm grateful they exist in real life and make our world safer - and I do like to fly them as a simmer. But still, flying a DC6 in a sim has something much more satisfying about it than just watching the Fenix A320 follow the line for two hours.

Of course that's an oversimplified way of saying it, sim-flying a modern airliner can be spiced up by adding failures, and I enjoy the Fenix (as I enjoy the PMDG 737). But in sim, the point of using new technology to make aviation safer is rather insignificant. 

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

42 minutes ago, threegreen said:

This is actually what Randazzo said back in 2019.

Ah yes, sometimes I seemingly mix up my knowdledge and my guesses 😄

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

could care less whether a plane is still flying in real life.  

Please forgive me but I'm on a one man mission to stop this. I don't know when it started or why but I'm seeing it several times a day in one form or another from TV to internet forums and it means the opposite of what I must assume you were trying to say.

Surely, you couldn't care less? That it's not possible for you to care less than you do about that particular thing? If you could care less then you actually care.

While we are at it, one takes something with a pinch of salt and not a grain. A grain would be ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but these two things are driving me mental at the moment and in a modern world that seems mostly an inversion of reality I just need some things to remain and make sense 😉

• Like 11
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

3 hours ago, bigifooti said:

As much as I'd love the -300ER first, it's very likely the -200LR/F first. Sleuths deduced that from the landing gear/wheels and partial engine pic that PMDG dropped as the first teaser. Apparently PMDG has also said a while back that the -200xx will be first but I can't find the link.

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Image of the 777 cabin posted in RSR's thread:

spacer.png

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, lwt1971 said:

spacer.png

I can see influencers using footage from that aircraft to pretend they‘re flying First Class 😂

38 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Please forgive me but I'm on a one man mission to stop this. I don't know when it started or why but I'm seeing it several times a day in one form or another from TV to internet forums and it means the opposite of what I must assume you were trying to say.

Surely, you couldn't care less? That it's not possible for you to care less than you do about that particular thing? If you could care less then you actually care.

While we are at it, one takes something with a pinch of salt and not a grain. A grain would be ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but these two things are driving me mental at the moment and in a modern world that seems mostly an inversion of reality I just need some things to remain and make sense 😉

I understand totally.  I myself get mental at things like this also.  For instance, I've seen a lot of people referring to the E170/175 as an ERJ instead of an E-Jet!

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

54 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Actually "grain" is correct. It's actually a latin proverb ("cum grano salis"). I'm just gonna quote wikipedia on this:

"In the old-fashioned English units of weight, a grain weighs approximately 65 mg, which is about how much table salt a person might pick up between the fingers as a pinch. "

• Like 1

I am pretty excited about the 777. 

Edited by RobJC

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

42 minutes ago, micstatic said:

I understand totally.  I myself get mental at things like this also.  For instance, I've seen a lot of people referring to the E170/175 as an ERJ instead of an E-Jet!

I fly the thing for a living and call it the ERJ soo guess I've been wrong the whole time lol..

As for flying planes out of service IRL. I run an airline in airhauler up in Iceland... The closest thing we have to jet engines in my fleet are the turbos on the DC-6. Heck I even haul cargo in a Boeing 307...I would consider a jet like the 707 or 727 though. Modern jets are boring in sim it's just to easy. If my wife was willing to move to Alaska I'd be up there hauling cargo in a DC-6 or DC-3 vs flying a modern airliner.

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

20 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Actually "grain" is correct. It's actually a latin proverb ("cum grano salis"). I'm just gonna quote wikipedia on this:

"In the old-fashioned English units of weight, a grain weighs approximately 65 mg, which is about how much table salt a person might pick up between the fingers as a pinch. "

Very interesting, that means they're both correct. Well, depending on what time period you are in. As a grain is no longer a relevant measure it no longer makes sense. It's a pinch and a pinch was once a grain. 😉

• Like 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

spacer.png

Those seats look just like the old DL 77L/744 Delta One seats!

Maybe I’m reading too far into it but if that’s the case this screenshot could also suggest -200LR as launch model. 

Exciting times ahead. Personally can’t wait for the 772 and 77W.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace