Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

PMDG 777 goes into beta and flight testing

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

Please forgive me but I'm on a one man mission to stop this. I don't know when it started or why but I'm seeing it several times a day in one form or another from TV to internet forums and it means the opposite of what I must assume you were trying to say.

Surely, you couldn't care less? That it's not possible for you to care less than you do about that particular thing? If you could care less then you actually care.

While we are at it, one takes something with a pinch of salt and not a grain. A grain would be ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but these two things are driving me mental at the moment and in a modern world that seems mostly an inversion of reality I just need some things to remain and make sense 😉

If I could have given you a hundred likes for your post, I would have gladly done so. It drives me nuts aswell.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

58 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

I fly the thing for a living and call it the ERJ soo guess I've been wrong the whole time lol..

As for flying planes out of service IRL. I run an airline in airhauler up in Iceland... The closest thing we have to jet engines in my fleet are the turbos on the DC-6. Heck I even haul cargo in a Boeing 307...I would consider a jet like the 707 or 727 though. Modern jets are boring in sim it's just to easy. If my wife was willing to move to Alaska I'd be up there hauling cargo in a DC-6 or DC-3 vs flying a modern airliner.

I thought they go by E-Jet and the 135/145 by erj?    

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, Jazz said:

Please forgive me but I'm on a one man mission to stop this. I don't know when it started or why but I'm seeing it several times a day in one form or another from TV to internet forums and it means the opposite of what I must assume you were trying to say.

Surely, you couldn't care less? That it's not possible for you to care less than you do about that particular thing? If you could care less then you actually care.

Be assured, it's not a one-man mission. I also keep reading 'I could care less', and hearing it when I'm in the US, and I keep telling them 'That means you DO care to some degree'.

• Like 4

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

22 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

If I could have given you a hundred likes for your post, I would have gladly done so. It drives me nuts aswell.

<whispers> it's an Americanism

<backs out of the thread>

• Like 2

Just now, EGLD said:

<whispers> it's an Americanism

<backs out of the thread>

Nah, it's just wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

As much as I'd love the -300ER first, it's very likely the -200LR/F first. Sleuths deduced that from the landing gear/wheels and partial engine pic that PMDG dropped as the first teaser. Apparently PMDG has also said a while back that the -200xx will be first but I can't find the link.

The biggest hint so far is that the original EFB previews had a flight plan for B77F loaded, and Robert congratulated somebody in the thread for noticing as if it was an intentional hint. I'd be shocked if it's anything but -200LR/F first. The real question is whether the -200ER or -300ER follows. 

• Like 2

...the 300ER is such a beautiful beast, I'll be waiting for that exclusively

• Like 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

While we are at it, one takes something with a pinch of salt and not a grain. A grain would be ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but these two things are driving me mental at the moment and in a modern world that seems mostly an inversion of reality I just need some things to remain and make sense 😉

I have another one to add, but that one is not a problem in writing:

People who pronounce etc. as egc. 

Etc stands for "et cetera" not "egg cetera"!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

The biggest hint so far is that the original EFB previews had a flight plan for B77F loaded, and Robert congratulated somebody in the thread for noticing as if it was an intentional hint. I'd be shocked if it's anything but -200LR/F first. The real question is whether the -200ER or -300ER follows. 

Y'all keep forgetting the -200.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, Jazz said:

Hahahaha, this drives me nuts too.   It is indeed what my English language professor in Toronto used to call a "North Atlantic corruption" (of English phraseology) 😄

But what is surprising is that not all Americans get it wrong, with the "could" care less.  I'd say it's about 75% "could" and 25% "couldn't".   In my home nation of Canada, I grew up saying "couldn't" but at a certain point, I noticed a lot of people using the "could" version.  When I moved to the UK (25 years ago) I discussed this with a Brit and was told in no uncertain terms why the phrase is (ie should be) "couldn't care less"  - I could not possibly care less (about it).  

I watched an interview with Harrison Ford about two weeks ago, where he said "couldn't care less" and actually thought, wow, he's American but he got it right!

Semantics are normally trivial - but I'm glad you picked this one up, Jazz!

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, Paul K said:

Be assured, it's not a one-man mission. I also keep reading 'I could care less', and hearing it when I'm in the US, and I keep telling them 'That means you DO care to some degree'.

No no, it's not an Americanism, I am American and I'm even from the South where micstatic is, and 'round here we never say "I couldn't care less".   We just say, "I don't care".  Or, if we care just a little bit, we'll say exactly that, or "I don't care much for that", implying we do care a little (bit).

On the 777 -- if PMDG follows their past releases, they'll release the 200LR/F first, but past performance does not equal them doing the same today.  I'm kind of excited for the 777F.  That would look dapper with a red duster on it somewhere.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

34 minutes ago, Farlis said:

I have another one to add, but that one is not a problem in writing:

People who pronounce etc. as egc. 

Etc stands for "et cetera" not "egg cetera"!

The other one to add (Much to the chagrin of Europeans) is saying turning finals instead of turning final.  It's the weirdest one of all since it's literally making the word longer.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Randazzo is going to repeat what he did for the 737, for the 777. Release the most popular version later, and release a less popular version first.

This will get the "impatient" buyers to buy the less popular version first (ie. 737-700), and some of these "impatient" buyers will then buy the more popular version after (ie. 737-800). You can be guaranteed that Randazzo will repeat the same formula for the 777, to increase the revenue that PMDG can earn. PMDG practically has a monopoly on the high fidelity modern passenger Boeing series in MSFS, with iFly as the only other competitor making a high fidelity modern passenger Boeing for MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Randazzo is going to repeat what he did for the 737, for the 777. Release the most popular version later, and release a less popular version first.

This will get the "impatient" buyers to buy the less popular version first (ie. 737-700), and some of these "impatient" buyers will then buy the more popular version after (ie. 737-800). You can be guaranteed that Randazzo will repeat the same formula for the 777, to increase the revenue that PMDG can earn. PMDG practically has a monopoly on the high fidelity modern passenger Boeing series in MSFS, with iFly as the only other competitor making a high fidelity modern passenger Boeing for MSFS.

I'm surprised he hasn't thought to do a Rockstar yet and release on Xbox first only then PC a year later to get that double dip. 

My own peeve - those who use the term “irregardless” when regardless is more than sufficient. 
Rich