Sign in to follow this  
Toby91

Probable Stutter fix - Nvidia

Hey

So i`ve been installing P3D v3 again now, after installing all my addons again my sim was still producing microstutters while panning around and turning around. So i decided to do a general search on google on microstutters. I came across a fix not for flightsim, but for Witcher 3, but i tried it and it seems to work great on my system too. For me now the PMDG 737 is a lot smoother to fly, so here goes nothing!

In your Nvidia control panel, not Nvidia inspector!

Go to the P3D profile under 3d settings and make sure that Pre rendered frames is set to 1, not application controlled!

Let me know if this works for you guys too, im curious about that.

Cheers!

Tommy

• Upvote 1

Just an FYI, everything you can do in the Nvidia Control panel you can do In Nvidia Inspector. But not the other way around ;)

Tom you may be on to something - I installed NY X demo and was getting some building popping and now barley any popping - I made the change in Nvidia control panel - went to NI but it was all ready 1 - so I am using NI but it seems to be doing something so a keeper for me - thanks

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Just thinking about this a little bit, to prerender would mean to take up memory space, as well as bandwidth.  Each frame may mean adding 100% to the memory, and that much more to put through the pipes.  It may be like framerate limiting, only limiting the number of frames per frame, if you can grock that.

This sounds very interesting. Unfortunately my system is in the shop due to overheating issues but am really curious to know of other people's results.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Just thinking about this a little bit, to prerender would mean to take up memory space, as well as bandwidth.  Each frame may mean adding 100% to the memory, and that much more to put through the pipes.  It may be like framerate limiting, only limiting the number of frames per frame, if you can grock that.

I think it might limit the frames a tiny bit, but then again if you dont get the sudden spikes in fps, you wont get as much stutters. I think using some available memory to render the next frame is a

good thing, like pre render 1 or 2 frames, so that it doesn`t take up too much as opposed to rendering  3 or 4 :) It will probably depend a lot on what graphics card people are using, im using at GTX 780.

In the end its probably just another trade off between highest fps spikes and fluidity.

Mine was already set on Pre-rendered Frames=1, and I've never had microstutters, that others have complained of in P3Dv3.    So based on this, there could well be mileage in this find.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Just got my system back and gave this a try in NI with a setting of 1 and it seemed to give a more smooth experience. I would encourage others to try it out.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

If this is to be cofirmed by some others more, I suggest to put this thread to the "tips and tricks" section.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I changed Pre rendered frames from "application controlled" to "1" and I had an improvement, especially when panning around in VC.

Everything is smoother. I used it alongside with Frame Locked at 30FPS + Vsync + Triplebuffer.

A keeper for me too.

Hi All,

Same here, with 30FPS Lock+Vsync+Triplebuffer and Pre rendered frames set to 1. Two hours flight yesterday with PMDG 777, solid 30FPS without a single micro-stutter.

I noticed smoother experience especially looking out VC and in final (LFSB default). I have UTX EU 2.0 and GEP3D active, REX4 for textures and ASN depicted weather. Terrain sliders to the right, autogen (all dense) and special FX (medium).

Happy simmer, will keep this one.

Cheers, Max.

Asus Z97-Deluxe
i7 4790K 4.00GHz
Kingston HyperX Savage DDR3-2133 16GB
Win10 on Samsung 850 Evo, 120GB  
P3D on Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache 7200rpm SATA3
Asus GeForce GTX 970 Strix - 4GB

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

Hmm i use unlocked FPS and i must admit i see a noticed smoother experience here (SLI profile so far). Its a keeper for sure.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hmm i use unlocked FPS and i must admit i see a noticed smoother experience here. Its a keeper for sure.

+1 Same here. Thanks

Nick Sciortino