Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Wrong Version of UiAutomationCore.dll

A lot of individuals have placed the Uiautomationcore.dll into their main fsx folder (Vista Version) to avoid FSX Menu crashes.  I just found out that some fsx software addon is installing the wrong version of the Uiautomationcore.dll into the main fsx folder along with their product.  I discovered the wrong version as I once did not believe in placing the Uiautomationcore.dll into the fsx directory as I thought it causes other anomalies.  It supposedly only fixed FSX Menu crashes/freezes but others have stated it fixes all crashes.  I have kept this dll out of my main fsx directory as I didn't believe in this fix but this weekend I had a ntdll crash and ran the AppCrashView program and discovered that the Uiautomationcore.dll was in my main FSX directory!!!  Now who put it there!!!  (not saying but I saw in the PMDG 777 Intro guide that they recommend this dll in all installations and provide a link to the WRONG version).  The version I found was 6.0.6001.18000 and that's the wrong version.  The correct version is 6.0.5840.16386.  If you do not remove the dll or use the wrong version, you will get a freeze, an apphang, or ctd. The correct version is located in the AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide - http://forum.avsim.n...-software-guide. Click on the latest version of the guide. Goto Page 17.  Once you download the version you will have to rename it to Uiautomationcore.dll and then drop it in your Main FSX folder. 

You can check to see what version is installed by right clicking on the dll and then selecting Properties.  Then look at the Details tab.  If you have to 6.0.6001.18000 version you need to remove it immediately.

I'm still not positive that this dll (the correct version) will fix all of your crashes, problems with the PMDG 777, 737NGX, the FSDT Addon Manager, etc., etc., but it might.  I have tested the correct version and no longer get an ntdll crash.  And, according to Zeljko (B247NG), it eliminated freezing, stutters, and CTD's and the FSX Menu was more responsive and there were fewer stutters in the PMDG 777 and everything was smoother while running FSX.  In my testing, I definitely saw most of my stutters go away and things seemed much smoother during flight.

In case anyone is unaware, the uiautomationcore fix is only for Windows 7, 64 bit users.  If you have Windows 8 installed, it is not compatible and you will see problems if it is installed.

I think this is a fix for a lot of our problems....

Best regards,

Jim

Edited by firehawk44
AVSIM Software and Hardware Guide no longer exists. Use the info in the AVSIM CTD Guide

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim, I checked and sure enough I also have the wrong version. However, I haven't been getting any crashes lately. One thing I noticed is that windows seems to notice that it was from another computer and might be blocking it. Does your dialog box show this?

I seem to recall that when I put the file in I got a pop-up that asked if I wanted to register it. I think I said yes because I figured W7 would block it if I didn't. I made so many mistakes building this computer I'm surprised it runs as well as it does. :biggrin:  

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Ted, just click on "details" tab, there is a version of Uiautomationcore.dll.

EDIT: It's normal to show that :) It not showing that line on my PC, do you have UAC disabled? It could be part of other security feature, i have disabled almost all of them - windows defender, uac, dep, windows firewall etc... Anyway, nothing to worry about, just click on unblock, to allow dll. 

Edited by B247NG

I just checked mine , and it was the wrong version, and not the version that I put in there. Love to know which addon did that without telling me.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Same here. I'm sure i didn't put that version. Now i replaced it and everything is back to normal. 

Jim, i was hoping you will post this. I did some research and there was a wrong version on too many important places - Vatsim forums, PMDG, simforums and many other. I have posted today in Vatsim forums and couple of other forums. I hope that will help, there was too many people with wrong version. The explanation is that even that wrong version will fix menu crashes, but people was not aware of "side effects"

Zeljko, I did click on the details tab and in fact I have the wrong version  6.0.6001.18000. Thanks for letting me know that the warning about the file coming from another computer is normal.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

How about changing the right version to "read only"?

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

BTW Jim, thanks for this. Good catch.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Same here and I definitely had the correct version installed... but then again I have installed a bunch of new stuff lately so hard to say where and when the change occured.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thanks Jim, 

Dang, I had the same problem, and I know a while back I put the correct version into the FSX directory?

I hope somebody finds out what caused this to happen?

I've been meaning to say, Firehawak44 , I enjoyed the number of conversations we had at the AVSIM Conference in Wichita........it was my first conference, really enjoyed meeting some of the AVSIM staff. Hope I can make next years conference!

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Jim, i was hoping you will post this. I did some research and there was a wrong version on too many important places - Vatsim forums, PMDG, simforums and many other. I have posted today in Vatsim forums and couple of other forums. I hope that will help, there was too many people with wrong version. The explanation is that even that wrong version will fix menu crashes, but people was not aware of "side effects"

Thanks Zeljko!  The more this gets spread around the better.  I've never had a more smoother flight with real weather with the 777 before.  Always saw some minor stutters and attributed it to real weather and complex aircraft/airports but things are really smooth now.  Thanks for that tip!

Best regards,

Jim

I seem to recall that when I put the file in I got a pop-up that asked if I wanted to register it. I think I said yes because I figured W7 would block it if I didn't. I made so many mistakes building this computer I'm surprised it runs as well as it does

Hi Ted,

I've seen warning before.  Based on a recommendation of PaulJ (and probably many others), I have downloaded TakeOwnership and installed the program.  Then, I went to the Main FSX folder and right clicked it and then selected TakeOwnership and I'm in charge of my FSX again!  I did this for all of my FSX folders on other drivers too.  A great program and it won't hurt your system to run it. 

Making mistakes in building your computer is good as that's how you learn (sometimes the hard way). 

Best regards,

Jim

I've been meaning to say, Firehawak44 , I enjoyed the number of conversations we had at the AVSIM Conference in Wichita........it was my first conference, really enjoyed meeting some of the AVSIM staff. Hope I can make next years conference!

Bill Clark

Same here Bill.  I really enjoyed meeting you and talking and look forward to the next AVSIM event.  I'm glad my discovery above helps you too!

Best regards,

Jim

Edited by firehawk44
Removed reference to PMDG as a possible distributer as they did not distribute this product.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim. I'll look into TakeOwnership.

Ted

I also had the 'wrong' version. I just did a clean reinstall of my system 2 weeks ago and know exactly where my copy came from. It was a link NickN provided in his 'Bible'.

http://gex.flight1.net/forumimages/UIAutomationCore.zip

I downloaded this again just now to double check and it's the one you indicate is wrong. Are we 100% sure about this? It's not like Nick to be careless about something like this.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)