Sign in to follow this  
BleedAir

IXEG

Just watching the "Quick Start - First Flight" video.

(It involves flying a circuit round the runway of your choice)

Jan's got a really dry sense of humour I think, I like the videos.

"Don't forget to turn off the thrust reverser or it will be an interesting takeoff".

• Upvote 1

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

In one of the videos I had seen IIRC was the LFMN video and there the pilot did say you can fly her like a Cessna. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well I've just flown a few circuits around Zurich, did a couple of touch & gos and then flew this bird to Geneva. Now I've never been a huge airliner enthusiast and usually prefer smaller GA aircraft, but this thing pushes all the right buttons. The way the entire aircraft rattles and shakes on the ground, the feeling of acceleration on takeoff, and - most of all - the sounds! The sounds are amazing. Of course I have no idea how accurate/realistic all of this is, but it feels right.

Haven't tried the FMS yet, but the auopilot and autothrottle both respond very smoothly. But why use the autopilot when you can fly by hand? It's awesome! :smile:

Performance is very good. Definetly no worse fps than other airliner addons, better than most I'd say.

$75 is a lot of cash, but in this case I feel I got my money's worth.

• Upvote 3

In one of the videos I had seen IIRC was the LFMN video and there the pilot did say you can fly her like a Cessna. 

Exactly what i heard from a friend who flies -400 and -800. He said classic flies like a Cessna, NG does not :)

By the way, handbook is up for download! It's 100+ MB pdf document, 372 pages total.

Regards,

Radek

I first tried downloading at 12a to 1a then gave up. Downloaded at about 630a. The download was fast and no glitches with the registration. Everything worked well.

First flight and coupled approach went very smoothly. Beautiful aircraft!! Definitely a keeper.

Get one.

Congrats to the IXEG team and X-Aviation.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

@Don, I agree about the sounds.

The most immersive aircraft I've flown in a simulator was A2A's Spitfire, for some reason the sounds made it feel really 'real' for me, particularly the 'thunk' that's heard when the flap switch is moved.

Back on topic, I got the same feeling watching the IXEG 737 videos, the sounds are amazing (to my ears at least).

--

Obviously I'd want IXEG to finish all the updates they've said they'll do and fix any bugs that are bound to emerge with any new product.

But after that it would be fun to have an expansion pack for the 737.  They've left the hooks in for failures so a module to model failures randomly or as part of a persistent model would be superb I think.

Perhaps add multi-crew as well, adding the first officer that Jan was wishing for and some crew sounds from the main cabin.

Mustn't get too far ahead though, still need to learn this one.

Tony Holmes

xplane 12, MSFS, Windows 10, Ryzen 5600x, 32gb, RX 6800XT.

Grr crashes XPX when their activation window comes up.

edit: Was able to finally activate, loaded a dif. aircraft then loaded the IXEG

• Upvote 1

Grr crashes XPX when their activation window comes up.

edit: Was able to finally activate, loaded a dif. aircraft then loaded the IXEG

Thanks for confirming you found a solution. Curious for more details if you'd like to share in PM.

Author of Gizmo64 for X-Plane.

I've done a few circuits now and now going through the startup tutorials, no problems so far and happy with it

I will not buy this plane. I will not buy this plane. I will not buy this plane. I will not buy this plane. I will not buy this plane. I will not buy this plane.

Damn it. To late  :wub:  already bought it. :P

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

I'm getting great frame rates with this plane. It's also a dream to hand fly, I may not even

use the FMS and manually fly it everywhere :smile: .

The pics you see around the web do not do the VC justice. Very crisp and clear and as above the frame rates are excellent. 

I'm getting great frame rates with this plane. It's also a dream to hand fly, I may not even

use the FMS and manually fly it everywhere :smile: .

Via pilotage and dead reckoning. :smile:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hmm... am I the only one having some BAD vertical oscillations when climbing and trying to maintain cruise altitude?

I set cruise at 31000 but it behaves like a madman, Going too fast -> climb to bleed -> getting too high -> throttling down -> getting too slow -> diving to regain speed et cetera.

EDIT: And while climbing to cruise the v/s goes between 100 to 4000(!) fpm!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12