Sign in to follow this  
Potroh

Serious ground layering bug in 3.3

It seems the ground-scenery-layering, that has been working fine since FS2002, got mixed up somehow. Most probably it is related to the "Fixed custom z bias scenery flickering issues including runways and runway markings" fix.

All sceneries using the FSX type of solution (SDK2002) are effected by this problem.

Unfortunately it definitely gives a no-go for those having a lot of Aerosoft, UK2000, LHSIM and other sceneries.

To me it once again brings the question: how on Earth it could happen that none of the beta testers could notice this almost global-bug or problem, which is present with almost all add-on sceneries, but I don't elaborate on this, as my humble earlier mentions were not truly received very well...

Potroh

• Upvote 1

Yeah, unfortunately noticed that as well. Had to go back to 3.2 as most of my sceneries flicker like mad, mostly at night.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

how on Earth it could happen that none of the beta testers could notice this almost global-bug or problem

My guess is that the beta testing is default everything, LM are not responsible to debug everyone else`s software.

tpewpb-6.png

My guess is that the beta testing is default everything, LM are not responsible to debug everyone else`s software.

Agree. Frustrating for early adopters but you are the real beta testers when it comes to 3rd party add-on support. :)

On that note, P3D is better seen as a totally new sim with each update it seems. This means you go into it as if it had zero third party add on support and wait until each developer specifically releases or re-releases their product for the version you are running.

Same reason I will never upgrade, only full install to a freshly formatted system. Huge PITA for sure but peace of mind, error free system is worth the extra hours.

I wonder how much junk is being left behind in orphan files and the Windows registry when you update and roll back again on different versions of any software, P3D included....? Maybe a general slowdown in PC performance, occasional blue screen or random unexplained errors.....

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I wonder how much junk is being left behind in orphan files and the Windows registry when you update and roll back again on different versions of any software, P3D included....? Maybe a general slowdown in PC performance, occasional blue screen or random unexplained errors.....

If you take a look, basically... nothing (in P3D). The client installer replaces files and updates its registry entry - Clean exit.

My apps do exactly the same, remove old files, update them and, if required, update the registry entries. On uninstall everything is removed.

Then there is the TEMP folder, but you should regularly clean it up anyway.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi,

Just about to install 3.3, is this problem isolated to legacy installers (migration tool used) or airports that have been updated to native installers. Just worried about my UK2000 airports that include a installer for P3D.

Kind Regards

James

Intel 10900k @ 5.1 HT on, Nvidia 3090, 32GB RAM @3800mhz, 1TB NVME Drive (P3Dv5.1), 1440p 48' Ultrawide Monitor.

It seems the ground-scenery-layering, that has been working fine since FS2002, got mixed up somehow. Most probably it is related to the "Fixed custom z bias scenery flickering issues including runways and runway markings" fix.

All sceneries using the FSX type of solution (SDK2002) are effected by this problem.

If this should be a general problem, I will stick with v3.2. It is a "No Go", if addon airports such as the ones from UK2000 will no longer work with v3.3. Others reported flickering runway textures at night, missing ground textures and blurry ground.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Imagine.. all those people screaming for 64-bit...

• Upvote 1

Well, then you have to start at "zero" again with all your sceneries and aircrafts anyway.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I wonder how much junk is being left behind in orphan files and the Windows registry when you update and roll back again on different versions of any software, P3D included

i`ve managed a few times to do a rolling update and found it was never as clean and smooth as a full install, that`s my regime now, i wait a few weeks and then jump on in with a vanilla setup, i never run too much add-on`s, have the basic FTX stuff, 1 or 2 fav aircraft and just focus on 1 area at a time with airports, uninstall them and move on to the next zone, i`m kinda over long haul now so stick to short hops and VFR, sim runs way better without 100`s of scenery's..

Others reported flickering runway textures at night, missing ground textures and blurry ground.

i would be interested to see if the flickering happens when using DSR 4K and no NI settings, that`s how i managed to kill all the Orbx z fighting and most of the default rwys as well, it might be the AA causing it and not the old texture style used with some developers!! not sure about the missing textures, this maybe due to using those new shader mod`s found here.

tpewpb-6.png

Can someone confirm if this issue is correct for a fresh install - using UK2000 P3D installers.

Ive just had a new system - and presently building both FSX and P3D setups on it(which is only now I'm realising just how much money I've spent on add-ons) Im on day 3 of installing and testing!

I have p3D3.2.3 installed and Uk2000 working great with OrbX - but before I carry on installing any more add ons, or upgrade the client to 3.3.3 - I want to be sure this is an issue, i can see nothing been posted on the UK2000 Forums.

I am installing it latter today.

I only use default stuff, so, no big deal for me anyway...

Only concern for me were some references to problems with VAS, but I've seen at least one post saying all is OK in this area too...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Maybe i am wrong but they already metion that they will drop the code for fs2k ground poly since 3.0.

Unfortunately this method could suck up to 10 fps instead of adapting the new zbias.

For developer view it's a problem because they need to adapt the ground in 3d to follow the terrain.

The old solution there was no need as it would bend with the code.

Believe or not the need to drop the old code is necessary to gain fps and vas.

The old scasm is the past and all developer need to update for the future that will add new material as fsx and use 4k texture.

• Upvote 1

My guess is that the beta testing is default everything, LM are not responsible to debug everyone else`s software.....

.....but (IMO) they are responsible for notifying addon developers if they change something as significant as this. Heck, this version 3.3 seemingly came out of nowhere. How many people here actually knew that it was going to be released at the start of this month?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png