Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

EZDOK -- rocks!

Sounds like we need a review Al, that is unless one of the other reviewers is on it.

That's up to Flight 1 or the developer to submit it to Avsim's Robert Whitwell for review if they want it done officially, and I daresay they are on the case, Flight 1 are not normally slow when it comes to that kind of thing!Of course there is nothing stopping anyone doing a review of their own, don't forget there is a forum on Avsim for that if anyone fancies a go. Why not have a go yourself?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It is a great tool but I would hang on a couple of days and wait 'til the 1.12 update is out as this should sort out most of the teething troubles. I've never felt vertigo in the default ULM before now! Great for cruising around PNW low, slow 'n' bumpy. :(

That's up to Flight 1 or the developer to submit it to Avsim's Robert Whitwell for review if they want it done officially, and I daresay they are on the case, Flight 1 are not normally slow when it comes to that kind of thing!Of course there is nothing stopping anyone doing a review of their own, don't forget there is a forum on Avsim for that if anyone fancies a go. Why not have a go yourself?Al
Ha, I actually tried that just a few weeks ago with the Sibwings Bird Dog. I don't know how you guys write those reviews. I didn't even know where to start. I'm on my way over to F1 right now to pick up EZDOK though. I'll review it in my mind.

The effects this program is capable of look amazing, but how easy is it to use? The screenshots I saw looked absolutely convoluted. Like a poster above said, all I want is some more immersive movement from turbulence, landing, etc. I'm not in it for making fancy "movies" or anything.
Look... more immersive movement from turbulence here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvXQBOMktj4 landing here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hizQtFWMhc
Doesn't look like it makes much detriment to performance to me - I didn't actually note the FPS numbers, but if it was doing anything at all, then it was certainly minimal. Pretty impressed with it so far.Al
EZCA degrease CPU approximately 0.1% in Quad 3.5 ghz or 0.5% in Pentium4 3.2 ghz..I don't think that EZCA will take away at least one FPS from your video card.

I downloaded EZCA when I got home from work today and spent a few hours learning the ropes and setting up some cameras for my aircraft.This program is so good I literally never want to use FSX again without it :( Not only do you get the amazing effects like turbulence, touch downs, "smooth" camera cycling, etc. etc., but you also get some other nice features like a better/more intuitive mouse look + mouse wheel zoom.It does have a couple minor problems here and there - it's a little more time consuming than it should be to set up cameras on an third party AC; unless you understand the VERY in depth effect generator options, you need to export the default camera settings that EZdok included for the MS aircraft and then import them into your third party AC - but otherwise, I give this a solid 10/10 for innovation and value (this will stay on your hard drive forever).

I was just reading on the Simflight forum about latest update of EZCA, and it mentions that it has added a 'Remove' button which deletes the [cameradefinition.201] section.I was wondering whether similar effects could be achieved with altering the various parameters within some of the default FSX camera definition parameters, if to remove the EZCA effects one only needs to delete a specific camera definition set up, or is there some other engine involved here using Simconnect ?Is there anywhere an explanation of the camera definition parameters...perhaps SDK ?Whilst I am impressed with the effects of EZCA, it does seem fairly expensive, especially as I tend to spend most time within the virtual cockpit....afterall, one can't get out on the wing when one is flying for real ! If it is possible to improve the motion effects within the virtual cockpit by changing a few camera definition parameters that would suit me fine. Any suggestions?Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

I do not know much about camera defninitions, so I can only answer the part about the EZdok engine in that the effects are clearly happening through the engine, meaning that if EZdok is shut down, the effects stop happening. It is highly integrated through SimConnect through reads and writes to control what is happening.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Stuart, EZCA is much more than just CFG file tweaking. There is a whole engine at work here, just take a look at the manual (there is a link on the Flight1 page for EZCA) and look at the screenshots! Also, if you fly in virtual cockpit, that is exactly where EZCA shines (although it does have some cool external view effects also)! It simulates G's moving your head around (as in, acceleration/deceleration, lateral Gs, etc), the shock of a hard touchdown, the random slight bumpyness of a typical flight, turbulence tossing you around inside the cockpit, etc. And best of all, it's all tweakable to your liking. You can fine tune literally everything, or if you aren't feeling up to it, then just use the default settings. There is also a simple "gain" you can turn up or down which acts as a simple way to increase or decrease the amount of the effects if you find them to be too weak or strong.Have you seen this video of EZCA in action?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkLTb4jYWm4I'll agree that the price seemed high when I was trying to decide to buy it, but afterward I was more than happy with it, and the support seems really good so far.

I was just reading on the Simflight forum about latest update of EZCA, and it mentions that it has added a 'Remove' button which deletes the [cameradefinition.201] section.I was wondering whether similar effects could be achieved with altering the various parameters within some of the default FSX camera definition parameters, if to remove the EZCA effects one only needs to delete a specific camera definition set up, or is there some other engine involved here using Simconnect ?Is there anywhere an explanation of the camera definition parameters...perhaps SDK ?Whilst I am impressed with the effects of EZCA, it does seem fairly expensive, especially as I tend to spend most time within the virtual cockpit....afterall, one can't get out on the wing when one is flying for real ! If it is possible to improve the motion effects within the virtual cockpit by changing a few camera definition parameters that would suit me fine. Any suggestions?Stuart
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526984.aspx

That's an interesting link that you posted.I am still srtongly considering buying this addon, however since I am only interested in the headshake effect when landing, turbulence, takeoff roll, etc. I wonder if I could just adjust the figures in the [dynamicheadmovement] part of my cfg. Not that I am a cheapskate, but if I can adjust those values to suit what I want to achieve there would be no reason for me to buy the camera addon.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I went ahead and got this last night, the effect in the A2A piper cub is worth the price of admission alone.I am thinking this plus a rumble seat = see and hear/feel a landing... the next level of immersion.

I went ahead and got this last night, the effect in the A2A piper cub is worth the price of admission alone.I am thinking this plus a rumble seat = see and hear/feel a landing... the next level of immersion.
Try the "Buttkicker" - Google it.

That's an interesting link that you posted.I am still srtongly considering buying this addon, however since I am only interested in the headshake effect when landing, turbulence, takeoff roll, etc. I wonder if I could just adjust the figures in the [dynamicheadmovement] part of my cfg. Not that I am a cheapskate, but if I can adjust those values to suit what I want to achieve there would be no reason for me to buy the camera addon.
The built-in dynamic movement in FSX is very very basic compared to what EZCA can do, that's why the creator made it. The FSX functions are decent but EZCA is a whole different ballgame, trust me. (no I am not being paid to say this, lol)

......trust me. (no I am not being paid to say this, lol)
LOL, I believe you. The videos look awesome.For some reason I have never been so hesitant to buy and install an addon as I have with this one. I guess I am scared that I will install it, have problems getting it set up, or worse, it will cause a problem with my overall FSX performance and/or install. I have reviewed the PDF a few times and am still a little unsure about the UI and the instructions. All I care about are the headshake effects. I dont need all the other views and cameras, and I am not sure if I will have to either give up the stock views that I can easily switch between. I think I am scared that when I install it and go to set it up, I am going to somehow delete all my stock views or do something bad which will result in me having to reinstall my a/c.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator