Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

iFly 737 released!

Can anyone just clue me in here? I've come up with a work around by doing my flightplan in FSBuild, exporting to a dummy iFly 747-400 folder, and copying the flightplan file from there but there's got to be an easier way to do this, right? :( :( B)
I guess we ask the developers to make this feature possible with the next patch.I too would like the ability to import default FS flight plans into the FMC. :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest 413X3

being able to import a plan is a travesty to the beautiful airplanes. It takes 2 minutes to program a route

My one question: does it come with the737-900ER version, or just the standard 900?Bryn.
Just the -900. You can make it look like an ER by adding winglets...

THIS AIRCRAFT IS INCREDIBLE! Well worth the 55 bucks - I'm going to get a LOT of enjoyment from this plane. Stellar flight-simming right out of the box -- er, the download! I don't know from realistic, but it sure is bloody fun. To paraphrase the film '2012': 'LEAVE IT TO THE CHINESE . . . ."BRAVO, iFly! :(

what does it have to offer that the FS9 PMDG 737 doesn't already have or do?
I am asking myself the same question and haven't bought it yet either.I guess the 'brand new toy' factor plays a great role here. All we old boys know that, don't we? :PFrom what I've read it offers all NG models in one pack (while PMDG offers them as two separate products to pay for).It also has a widescreed panel by default, a great idea in these times. What else? Some new owners may add a lot here.If I didn't have the PMDG addon, I wouldn't hesitate (even though I read it does not offer a separate non-vc wingview model choice - a drawback for me).

It looks like a great plane, but before I buy it, what does it have to offer that the FS9 PMDG 737 doesn't already have or do?The panel graphics look prettier, but what else?Cheers,
1. VC cockpit with the right dimensions (better done that both PMDG and Ariane)2. All models are covered in the 737NG series with flexing wings/winglets3. Comparable Avionics package.4. Better FDE than most offerings on the market for this series of aircraft5. Fully customizable engine set meaning you can choose what you want6. Saved panel state options7. Great load manager for each modelMany more options are there that the others don't offer but just the same this bird needs a patch before I can stand firm on everything but I will say it's an upgrade in every since of the word over anything you currently have, Ariane can't even sit on the same ramp with this one...

FS2020 

being able to import a plan is a travesty to the beautiful airplanes. It takes 2 minutes to program a route
In the real world unless there's a change in the route on the fly Airline pilots don't have to punch in every waypoint on the route. It's already available in the companies database much like a default flight plan is to FS9. It's actually more realistic for the FMC to have the ability to access FS default routes.

FS2020 

In the real world unless there's a change in the route on the fly Airline pilots don't have to punch in every waypoint on the route. It's already available in the companies database much like a default flight plan is to FS9. It's actually more realistic for the FMC to have the ability to access FS default routes.
Thank you, Dillon. I was just going to let that one slide by with a **sigh**, but you handled it for me . . . :)

It looks like a great plane, but before I buy it, what does it have to offer that the FS9 PMDG 737 doesn't already have or do?The panel graphics look prettier, but what else?Cheers,
The list is too long to write them all out, but here are a few:Fully functional IRS. Including accurate align times.Fully functional FMC. Including RTA, alternates, and everything else that you would find on a rw NG.Dual FMC's that are independent of each oher.HUD and Collins avionics in the BBJ. They will be available and interchangeable with the Honeywell avionics on the 600-900 in the service pack.wing flex.Fully simulated failures and ground support.There are bugs, but 99% of them are rather minor, and will most likely be fixed in the service pack. When they do get all of the bugs ironed out, it might be a plane that FS2Crew will want to work withBlack%20Eye.gif

I guess we ask the developers to make this feature possible with the next patch.I too would like the ability to import default FS flight plans into the FMC. :(
Or even better from 'FSnav'. The best!

Dave Taylor gb.png

1. VC cockpit with the right dimensions (better done that both PMDG and Ariane)2. All models are covered in the 737NG series with flexing wings/winglets3. Comparable Avionics package.4. Better FDE than most offerings on the market for this series of aircraft5. Fully customizable engine set meaning you can choose what you want6. Saved panel state options7. Great load manager for each modelMany more options are there that the others don't offer but just the same this bird needs a patch before I can stand firm on everything but I will say it's an upgrade in every since of the word over anything you currently have, Ariane can't even sit on the same ramp with this one...
Dillon, how is the visual model as compared to the PMDG offering?Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Sweet. Well since it is from Flight1 and you can get a refund if you aren't pleased with it, I am off to buy it. I will give a quick review if I have time since I have to go fly the real NG in a few hours. I'm pathetic!