Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

iFly 737 released!

yes I'm sure Patrick,they indeed used Active Camera or Walk and Follow or FS recorder for the wingviews.Rafal hit the nail on the head so to speak.Now,I (like others)have inquired about a no VC option in the models,and I hope they will do that.

Isn't it possible to disable the VC by editing the .mdl file? Was planning to do that after purchasing today. Jim Harnes

Guest Cramer
Isn't it possible to disable the VC by editing the .mdl file? Was planning to do that after purchasing today. Jim Harnes
I think it is like with ERJ but we want wingviews!!!!!!!!! :(

Guest Cramer

I was looking out there and I didn't see nobody talking about WX radar. Do we have it here?

It sure adds some new features (some bugs to be polished though) and a nicer VC ( with very low refresh rate in my system anyway) and represents good value for money, but if I didn´t have either I would still choose PMDG 737 if asked to. But that´s my humble opinion of course, glad that you like it anyway.
I have both models now and in my opinion, the iFly is a bargain at $55. I paid my money to PMDG a few years ago and it, too, was a bargain, but one of my issues with the PMDG model is that some of the functionality on the panels was compromised compared with some of the payware aircraft developed afterward -- IOW, some things were "not modeled". The iFly adds all the buttons and switches the PMDGs don't have, probably due to the rendering technology availabe in 2010 that wasn't available back in '03, and it increases the fun factor two or three times as much for me. iFly has even modeled "Cost Factor" for heaven's sake (along with a LOT of other "stuff") which is something you don't get with PMDG and I get a bit frustrated when simmers don't support those developers who will commit new add-on product development for the last "good" sim developed by Microsoft.

Guest Cramer

Rafal you took the words out of my mouth! I think the exact same way as you in every points. Sometimes is quite boring just look the ND, see the next fix coming, the fuel burning, sometimes increase and decrease the values at the mcp just to scroll the mouse and have some action (never done that before :()...anyway, it's just boring even for real pilots sometimes. What they do? "You have control and radios." and just go for a walk, enjoy some first class seat and service...even so, they have an incredible view of outside, many different colors, blue, orange, gray, white, purple..the radio never stops, tones of paper about the flight to read, anyway, all the things that we just don't have! So wingviews is all we got once you pushed the AP button.You said that you wouldn't let to buy an aircraft just because it doesn't has 2D wingviews modelled. Well I would and I already did with wilco's ERJ :(. I say, in the case of the 747, PMDG guys says that the airplane would require a lot of system to run it due to the number of poligons. I have no idea what it actually means but for them it gotta mean something so it's ok. Not happy, but ok. At least they said "We'd love to provide such views for you guys but it'd kill your frames" sounds like worth the price! Here we're talking about a huge airplane with lots of poligons so it's understandble why they didn't put it on. But now it's an 737, smaller plane with less poligons (loving that word :() so I imagine it's totally possible to include some wingviews for us on the next SP..at least the option...I prefer myself 2D bmps sideviews with some great angles of wingviews than one sofisticated VC...and I know that I'm not the only one. Specially having this fantastic IFR view that gives me everything I need right there.Anyway, I know that many people don't even open an aircraft without VC but the developers could give us the option...they'd reach a much wider public this way.

I just wanted to throw this out there, but when a poster on the iFly forum asked about the sales so far, this is the response he received from Steve."Regarding sales I think you just need to look at this forum and the penny drops it has out performed all our expectations."And I quote a line from the movie Field of Dreams: "If you build it, they will come." In our case: If you develop what we want, we will buy.

Good for them! They deserve all they get, and more. It's refreshing in this day and age to have a developer . . . ANY kind of developer . . . give the consumer what he wants, instead of what the developer wants to give him. "Economies of scale" and takeovers/economic failure have all but eliminated competition in this world . . .

Good for them! They deserve all they get, and more. It's refreshing in this day and age to have a developer . . . ANY kind of developer . . . give the consumer what he wants, instead of what the developer wants to give him. "Economies of scale" and takeovers/economic failure have all but eliminated competition in this world . . .
Totally agree... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Cramer

Another issue that I notice is during the start up...I wish all aircraft behaves in this phase like level-d 767 or pmdg 747...you turn the knob, after a bit the N2 starts growing until 22-24% than you open the fuel valve and you see the EGT growing slowly aswell the N1..not like we can see in this video you opening the fuel and the EGT jumps to 600º, N1 grows like a Ferrari than reduces. :(http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTk4Mzg3NTE2.html (0:40)

I purchased it this morning and I really like the model. I messed up the first flight by loading an incorrect SIDS and the aircraft attempted to fly a really tight left turn and it disconnected itself. The FMC alearted me to the disconnect. I expect all/most FMC's would have disconnected with a turn as tight as my mistake was.I attempted a save and reload a flight and after a couple of minor steps the aircratf picked up where I had left it. I fly with a full screen and I have to select the menu bar to display it. After browsing the manual I found that Ifly, like PMDG and Level-D, has a sub-menu located on the menu bar. This is were I found my only problem. I selected the menu bar by using the Alt command. When I selected an item from the Ifly sub-menu the sim froze. I reloaded the sim and this time I used the Alt-enter command to select the menu bar, and then selected the Ifly menu and had no problems. I don't know if this was a program error or an error caused by my 64 bit OS or something I overlooked in the manual.One other thing, I am amazed at the number of repaints that are already available for the model. Thank you painters!Tom

Guest Cramer
I purchased it this morning and I really like the model. I messed up the first flight by loading an incorrect SIDS and the aircraft attempted to fly a really tight left turn and it disconnected itself. The FMC alearted me to the disconnect. I expect all/most FMC's would have disconnected with a turn as tight as my mistake was.I attempted a save and reload a flight and after a couple of minor steps the aircratf picked up where I had left it. I fly with a full screen and I have to select the menu bar to display it. After browsing the manual I found that Ifly, like PMDG and Level-D, has a sub-menu located on the menu bar. This is were I found my only problem. I selected the menu bar by using the Alt command. When I selected an item from the Ifly sub-menu the sim froze. I reloaded the sim and this time I used the Alt-enter command to select the menu bar, and then selected the Ifly menu and had no problems. I don't know if this was a program error or an error caused by my 64 bit OS or something I overlooked in the manual.One other thing, I am amazed at the number of repaints that are already available for the model. Thank you painters!Tom
Thank you for the impressions Tom...you're helping us to make an even more secure buy. If possible, try it a bit more and tell us a more deep impression. We're all missing an deep review with pictures and stuff...

Guys, does it have PAX/CARGO loader and some sort of internal check list (something like Super 80 Professional)?Thanks,Dirk.

Lobby them for an SDK so I can interface with the plane "cleanly" (no keypresses, no simulated mouse clicks).If they provide an SDK, I'd likely do an FS2Crew for it (in addition to the PMDG NGX of course, which will have an SDK).Cheers,
Yes, byork, I was thinking immedeately about you/FS2Crew upgrade when looking at this new plane first time.Please also make a mouse click (classic) type of FS2Crew before going into voice recognition for it. Until then.Cheers,Dirk.

I really like this model and its design team!My second flight I had a couple of false positives reported by TCAS. There is a good chance that these were caused by my combination of AI Traffic Managers. I use Just Flights Traffic 2004 and the freeware package GA-Traffic together. I checked their site and they were already looking at other TCAS problems that had been reported by users. It should be noted that TCAS Alerts and Collision Avoidance Warnings are reported on the ADI, Vertical Speed Indicator, PFD/ND and the vertical speed tape.One last thing I took this quote off their forum:"We have collected all bugs reported in this forum. About 60% of them have been reproduced in our test system. Now we are trying to reproduce the remaining bugs. So, please be patient and have us some time. It still need some weeks to reproduce and fix all of them. For example, we will add more models in it, e.g. 700ER/900ER.... "This appears to be a supplier who is working with their end users.Tom