Sign in to follow this  
flightwatch

iFly 737 released!

Dillon, how is the visual model as compared to the PMDG offering?Thanks!
Outstanding improvement. All the VC's are slightly different for the models their representing. Case in point, the BBJ has a different AP panels than the 737-800. The BBJ also has a clickable HUD that lowers in the VC. I just flew a flight from KMDW to KHOU and even without a patch these birds are very complete as is...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hey guys. I had MAYBE 10-15 mins just to execute a take off so not too much time with it. I really like how you can configure the engines to the airframe. At Westjet we have the 24K for the 700's so thats what I threw in it. There are some things that could have had more attention to detail. For example the flaps. The extend and retract WAY too quickly compared to the real thing. Its more like default 737 retraction/extension time. The autopilot on take off, at some point, switched to CWS but still indictated CMD on the PFD. Well it can't be both. One or the other. A few discrepencies witht the FMS BUT then again I haven't messed around with it much. All I found so far with it was it didn't give me the total distance of the flight planned route on the PROG page AFTER I activated and executed the flight plan. In the start sequence the gauges don't refelct what they would int he real aircraft. EG. The temps on start are WAY too hot. At about 60 some odd precent the Starter Cutout switch disengaged which it should be 56%. So these are just some quick things that I found. Are they going to ruin your FS expereince? Probably not. I want to check hwo the autopilot handles LNAV/VNAV and how well it manages the descent and stays on path. But I gotta get running to work. Liek I said, if you don't like it, you can alwasy get a refund. Take care all.

Outstanding improvement. All the VC's are slightly different for the models their representing. Case in point, the BBJ has a different AP panels than the 737-800. The BBJ also has a clickable HUD that lowers in the VC. I just flew a flight from KMDW to KHOU and even without a patch these birds are very complete as is...
Nice!How about the external model?Thanks!!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Question for those who bought it; does it simulate the IRSs? At current that's really my only peeve with the PMDG.

Joe Sherrill

Guest Danielderp
Question for those who bought it; does it simulate the IRSs? At current that's really my only peeve with the PMDG.
It is in the feature list:Systems: - Fully simulated Inertial Reference System. - Display type (PFD/ND or EFIS); - NAV1/2 receiver with working AUTO/MAN mode. - Realistic Ground proximity Warning System. - Cabin pressurization gauge & logic fully implemented. - Flap load relief protection and autoslats logic. - New failures. - Aural alert. - Simulation of Left and Right EFIS. - Full TCAS logic (with traffic display on EHSI). - 2D Panel supports both standard and widescreen monitors. - Hundreds of programable key assignments - You have the ability to operate both captain and first officers ND's in different modes together while in 2D widescreen and in the virtual cockpit .

I REALLY like how they've modeled the landing lights against the fuselage, even during the day. Very realistic. I've seen no other plane in FS9 do that.

Guest Danielderp

Flying KATL - KMCO now. RUNS GREAT!! only MINOR glitches though! easy fix! Will be descending soon!The landing lights are AMAZING! they are 3D! the cockpit is amazing too!! Completely worth the $55!!!!

When they do get all of the bugs ironed out, it might be a plane that FS2Crew will want to work withBlack%20Eye.gif
Lobby them for an SDK so I can interface with the plane "cleanly" (no keypresses, no simulated mouse clicks).If they provide an SDK, I'd likely do an FS2Crew for it (in addition to the PMDG NGX of course, which will have an SDK).Cheers,

Hello Bryan, I will have the developer contact you direct regarding this to see what can be done.Take care Steve Masson

Three other "little" details I really like about this:1) The Pilot's FMC and the Co-Pilot's FMC have functioning, independent read outs, even when using the throttle pedestal window.2) The pushback feature integrated into the FMC for ease of use is awesome!!3) It runs COMPLETELY seamlessly out of the box and without any tweaking with all my other addons!!! GoFlight Modules, FDC Pro, FSPassengers, Pro Flight Emulator, etc., etc., etc.

Three other "little" details I really like about this:1) The Pilot's FMC and the Co-Pilot's FMC have functioning, independent read outs, even when using the throttle pedestal window.2) The pushback feature integrated into the FMC for ease of use is awesome!!3) It runs COMPLETELY seamlessly out of the box and without any tweaking with all my other addons!!! GoFlight Modules, FDC Pro, FSPassengers, Pro Flight Emulator, etc., etc., etc.
Have you had a CTD yet?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I guess we ask the developers to make this feature possible with the next patch.I too would like the ability to import default FS flight plans into the FMC. :(
I've found a very palatable workaround for now: Using FSBuild, I export a flight plan built in the old iFly 747-400 format available in FSBs Expport menu and then export it to a dummy iFly folder in the proper location in my FS9 folder. I've set up shortcuts on my desktop to the 737 FLTPLANS folder and the 747 FLTPLAN folder, and I just open the 747 FP folder where my FSBuild plan is now located and just drag it into the shortcut to the 737 folder. BOOM-DONE!! Takes all of 2 1/2 seconds. EDIT: iFly has really made this a great weekend! I can hardly wait for the 3 day holiday NEXT weekend!!

Why? I've had FS9 installed for a long time for supporting our stuff. Someone else made an aircraft we're making, so naturally I'm gonna check it out...Btw, the CTD I'm seeing is with the BBJ2, I'll go try with the other models, maybe it's somehow specific to it.
Nope.Ryan, with all the respect, you can't comment on other competitors products on a regular basis claiming you are a customer.I am not only speaking of ethics. You can also understand that if every developer goes this way it will be unmanageable for us.I appreciate you and I know you are not bashing iFly intentionally but we ask all devs to act with restraint and moderation and we intend to see this rule applied.Thx.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

KPHX BKX2.PKE.J4.TNP.SEAVU2 KLAX - I get a repeatable CTD every single time entering that route, it's the first one I tried after buying it...
I know you can't comment on this but for greater discussion I've gotten two CTD's on different flight.KMDW to KIAHKMIA to KDFWOn short final about a mile out FS9 crashes. The only commonality I can find is entering the active runway into the FMC. When the plane get's close to the airport the sim crashes. When I did a visual approach into KLAS from KVNY I had no issue getting to the runway as I didn't enter the landing runway into the FMC... :(

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Nope.Brian, with all the respect, you can't comment on other competitors products on a regular basis claiming you are a customer.I am not only speaking of ethics. You can also understand that if every developer goes this way it will be unmanageable for us.I appreciate you and I know you are not bashing iFly intentionally but we ask all devs to act with restraint and moderation and we intend to see this rule applied.Thx.
David, I was hoping there would be some comment regarding that, and you said it rightly so. ;) Incidently, It's Ryan, not Brian :) BTW hows the bug?:)

Dave Taylor gb.png