Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

Nothing really changed there... people looking to get upset will find something to get upset about. I told people back then that it didn't look as bad as those comments suggested.
Well put. I was one that was unsure of it at first, but it just looks so damn real to me now, and on the more recent vc images, it looks even better. I guess it went away from the cgi style I was used to. I think this was a big step forward in vc textureing in flight sim....hope it works well with the latest invida inspector guide settings you have released on the pmdg forums. I have followed that to the pin and finally can use dx9 mode correctly. Works better both looks and performance than dx10 now. Thanks for that btw. It has changed my simming experience in FSX greatly. This product is going to be a HUGE step forward:) Simon Hickson

Simon

Hi guys, the screen shots i have seen so far are by far the best i have ever seen.I already fly the FSX version of the MD 11, 747-400 & 8i [the Dreamlifter too]and also the JS4100, I have a low/medium end spec computer, my only worry with this NGX is, will my computer be able to handle it? [are there settings for ALL types of spec computers or is it just for the higher end spec computers?] Thanks for your time and help.kind regardsAndrew Fletcher.

Hi guys, the screen shots i have seen so far are by far the best i have ever seen.I already fly the FSX version of the MD 11, 747-400 & 8i [the Dreamlifter too]and also the JS4100, I have a low/medium end spec computer, my only worry with this NGX is, will my computer be able to handle it? [are there settings for ALL types of spec computers or is it just for the higher end spec computers?] Thanks for your time and help.kind regardsAndrew Fletcher.
I think users with all types of systems can provide feedback to the community on pref once it gets to the next stage of beta, which is hopefully soon:))Hypnotized.gifThey have said if you can run the other titles this should be fine:)

Simon

LED and LCD are essentially the same technology. Both use liquid crystals but LED uses LED back light that makes is less energy consuming and a little bit brighter.
Not quite... it's the industry confusing people again. The newest displays are LCD screens with LED back-lighting. True LED screens (which employ very small green, red and blue LEDs) are still a while away.Cheers,Nick Jones

Greetings,Gah! The timing! I'm leaving for U.S. Army Basic Training in a week...going to be sad to miss this thing when she comes out..-Matt Barton
Good luck to you and Thank You, God Bless

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

There's been a lot of talk about VC vs 2D panels in this forum. I know that 2D is (will be available). Does that then also mean I can fly using the VC and select a 2D FMC/CDU to put on a Nanovision touchscreen on the same time? I guess I'm asking for a hybrid displaytype...is it there in the NGX?thanks

I've read posts from a few folks worried that "detail is going to make this hard to use."
I'm worried that it will make it impossible to use from a PC performance point of view. It does look fantastic but I think I'll have to use the 2D panels on my rig until the next upgrade in a couple of years. Nail%20Biting.gifIain Smith

Do we know if the FMS keys are animated or just fixed ? Greg

too much, too soon....

Do we know if the FMS keys are animated or just fixed ? Greg
anyone tried to answer this by watching the video with the short FMS tour?EDIT: just watched the night video, hard to tell because it's so dark but around 3:20 there are some clicks on the FMS and the buttons do not seem to actually move. no dealbreaker for me though

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Shame, nothing to moan or whine about lately :( Hugs PMDG : ) The Hugs, i really have to look close and convince myself it's not actually refracting light. Ah, i found one, there's no dust particles on the Hugs glass ; ) I can understand Vin sticking to CRT. Where black is really black and you have much more control over brightness and contrast. When i switched to LCD it took me weeks to get used to, Fsx looked so cartoonish on LCD.

I notice you guys have loaded the FMC with the latest data cycle update, and the latest software version as well.well done!TB

I notice you guys have loaded the FMC with the latest data cycle update, and the latest software version as well.well done!TB
You beat me to it. I wanted to be the first to post that. dry.gifbiggrin.gif

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Out of interest... does the HUD also have dust or fingerprints on it?

Out of interest... does the HUD also have dust or fingerprints on it?
yes in case you accidentally touch the glass. that part is simulated. but in the pocket behind the seat is a virtual microfiber cloth to get rid of them.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

yes in case you accidentally touch the glass. that part is simulated. but in the pocket behind the seat is a virtual microfiber cloth to get rid of them.
Haha....clever.