Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

'Freemium' 757

Wow!They tell you up front that it's a lite system and they even took the time to put the word "LITE" in the name. They'll give it to you for FREE as long as you register on their website. Yet people here are still finding ways to complain about it.Un-freaking believable.

The MCP lacks Vnav and even Level change, so impossible to simulate flying the aircraft this is supposed to represent. --Fact
I Disagree it has SPD and VS, which on the 757 can be used in lieu of VNAV and FLCH.
I could have added that there is no speed tape or altitude tape so not only does this simulated 757 have no automatic means of ascending and decending
I download it today, and it correctly displays the 'round' digital ADI without the speed and altitude tapes which is an airline option on the 757.
You also have no means of telling if you are in fact going up or down other than looking out of the window.
Did you not see the altimeter and Vertical speed indicators ?Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Wow!They tell you up front that it's a lite system and they even took the time to put the word "LITE" in the name. They'll give it to you for FREE as long as you register on their website. Yet people here are still finding ways to complain about it.Un-freaking believable.
+1

Just tried it, I like it, models nice, VC's good for freeware, can't seem to hold a steady approach as there doesn't seem to be much lift on the flaps but apart from that, all round good for freeware.

+1

I personally love it. I think it's great for freeware and plan on picking up a couple livery packs too. I'm surprised people are getting bent out of shape over this.

I love it. Took it for a short flight from Edinburgh to Glasgow Prestwick this morning. I really love the sounds.Thanks, Just Flight!

David Norman Paul

Gave it a try, but both the virtual cockpit and the external models are invisible. Only thing that shows is the 2D panel. Any idea what could cause this? if no answer I can just remove it with no loss.Thanks, PhillSystem: i7-2600 @3.40 GHz - 64 Bit OS - 8GB Mem - GT 420 1 GB mem and DirectX 11.0 capable

Usual stuff innit'.Run as admin, disable DX10 mode..ect

Usual stuff innit'.Run as admin, disable DX10 mode..ect
Yep - did all that. Model shows fine in display but is gone in FSX.Forgot to mention previously, from spot view the navigation lights and beacons can be seen. They appear to be floating in air. LMAO.gif

Yep - did all that. Model shows fine in display but is gone in FSX.Forgot to mention previously, from spot view the navigation lights and beacons can be seen. They appear to be floating in air. LMAO.gif
Mine does the same thing. I am running SP1 only. I guess that's another thing they did not say what was needed before downloading it. I also think that NetFramework 2 or higher is required for the FMC to operate. I can't even find the manual. That's why I hate autoinstallers! You can't even see where all the files went. The 2d panel and most of the gauges are OK. I'll use them elsewhere. Bob.

Does anyone know where the manual and tutorial can be found on an XP installation? They are not in the aircraft folder. Thanks, Bob.

Couldn't have said it better myself! Some of the comments I read here make me embarressed to be in th is hobby and come off as disgusting. If people want PMDG quality buy PMDG, if you want something free dont expect it to look and perform like a high quality payware product, especially when its not advertised to be one in the first place.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does anyone know where the manual and tutorial can be found on an XP installation? They are not in the aircraft folder. Thanks, Bob.
Look for the Just Flight folder underneath the primary FSX folder.