Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avgaskoolaid

'Freemium' 757

Hi guys. Just Flight's 757 'Freemuim' was just released yesterday, and I just wanted t know what everyone thinks about both the freemium concept and the 757 model itself. IMO, I love both the concept and the plane. It is definitely not CS in terms of systems modeling or QW in terms of exterior modeling, but it is what you would expect if it were released as payware. I also like the idea of purchasing liveries individually for cheap. On products that come with many pre-included liveries, especially the CLS A330/340 (150!), I find myself only using 2 or 3 on a regular basis. By purchasing only the liveries I want, I save both money and space on my HD. I also really like the FMC!! smile.png So, what do you guys think? (By the way, if you havent already gotten it, just dowload it from the JF website. Its free, after all!!)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Kind of fun so far. Definitely the F-Lite type of plane, rather than CS, PSS or PMDG. I really miss the speed/altitude tapes on the PFD, though.

My verdict: Crap, Garbage! Really did not spend a lot of time with this because of my first impressions.What was the point of this aircraft? This is not very realistic. The FMC is a joke.Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep using the Jon Brown merge for FS9

Gosh How many 757s are there for FSX?CaptainsimQwingsJust FlightEnigmasimLevel-D
Level-D has only 767.

My verdict: Crap, Garbage! Really did not spend a lot of time with this because of my first impressions.
Your opinion is noted and given what it's worth. Nothing of value...

My verdict: Crap, Garbage! Really did not spend a lot of time with this because of my first impressions.What was the point of this aircraft?This is not very realistic. The FMC is a joke.Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep using the Jon Brown merge for FS9
It's free. Give it a chance. I'm going to download tonight and post a mini review tomorrow.

HelloIts free so I will not be to harsh on it, but this aircraft can only reflect badly on Just Flight.Pay for liveries, good luck with that, you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

While I understand the priveledge of anonimity compels some of you to behave like a child, please show some shread of respect to the OP by answering his/her question without using terms like crap, garbage, etc.Examples:"I don't like it because...", "The X is too X", "The plane does/does not do X correctly/incorrectly", etc.Please, and thank you.

Its free so I will not be to harsh on it, but this aircraft can only reflect badly on Just Flight.
Given JustFlight's history in distributing F-Lite products, this statement seems to make little sense.Some of you guys seem to be missing the concept entirely.Its an experiment, clearly aimed towards the 'F-Lite' customer. To them this is the type of product they want, very lite and very simple.
Pay for liveries, good luck with that
Of course people will pay for liveries, people already do pay for Liveries asexpansion packs.People will download it, people will try it, and some of them 'will' purchasethe expansion packs. At 2 to 4 Euro's a per expansion pack, its not a bad deal.The only question is whether they will sell enough packs to make up for giving the basemodel away for free.Regards.Ernie.

You have summed it up perfectly Ernie! Our F-Lite range has been very successful (there is a signficant number of simmers who do not desire fully functioning CDUs!), and we are very interested to see how well the freemium concept will work in the FS world.

While I understand the priveledge of anonimity compels some of you to behave like a child, please show some shread of respect to the OP by answering his/her question without using terms like crap, garbage, etc.Examples:"I don't like it because...", "The X is too X", "The plane does/does not do X correctly/incorrectly", etc.Please, and thank you.
HelloThe OP thinks the aircraft is great, he also thinks the FMC is great and he does not mind paying out for liveries, so in that respect the product has hit its target market.But I will attempt to answer the OP without using terms such as crap or garbage.The model is extremely basic but does look roughly like a 757.The VC is crude at best , the default 737 is on a whole different level to this.The FMC does not function at all like an FMC , it can load a plan but that's about it.The MCP lacks Vnav and even Level change, so impossible to simulate flying the aircraft this is supposed to represent.A nice gesture from Just Flight to give this away, but what else could they have done given the state of it.

The FMC does not function at all like an FMC , it can load a plan but that's about it.The MCP lacks Vnav and even Level change, so impossible to simulate flying the aircraft this is supposed to represent.
Key features of our F-Lite range...(btw the FMC has numerous features to aid F-Lite pilots)Your other points are subjective and we have had plenty of e-mails from customers who disagree.
A nice gesture from Just Flight to give this away, but what else could they have done given the state of it.
Sold it using a conventional pricing strategy - as we have done successfully with all previous F-Lite titles...

You have summed it up perfectly Ernie! Our F-Lite range has been very successful (there is a signficant number of simmers who do not desire fully functioning CDUs!), and we are very interested to see how well the freemium concept will work in the FS world.
HelloOk I get it that some folk do not want fully working systems, but why would they be happy with this level of quality.If you want to sell liveries then at least supply a model with a VC which is as good as the default aircraft.Anyway good luck with it.

Thanks Mad dog - as for your question, you'll have to ask the thousands who have purchased previous F-Lite titles and are currently flying the 757. Each to their own biggrin.png

I am not able to say anything about the 757 itself becausea) I am usually flying only much smaller planesB) I haven´t seen it in my fsx yet (d/l:ing now to have a look)but what I can say: this is a new business idea and that is great! We need new ideas like this!

Tried to download it last night and it timed out at about 90% after about 3 hours. I guess their bandwidth must be a bit streched at the moment.IAN

I downloaded it but Just Flight expects me to register and demands my phone number and e-mail address before i could install it.Why doesn't Just Flight mention this reqirement on its download page?I've deleted it so I shall never know hoe good (or bad) it is.

The F-Lite line is aimed at the simmer who wants to do things a bit deeper than the default A/C allow. The 'Easy' FMC is aimed at people who dont want to program for 15 minutes before flying, but want a feel of loading a plan, fuel, weights and having it spit out V1 speeds, etc.For a basic FMC, it's pretty good. It not supposed to be exactly like a real FMC, as many people don't have the patience to learn how to use them.I've learned how, and a flight with a full FMC in FSX is rewarding, but to those who dont have the time to learn them, F-Lite is a good alternative.If a patch is in the works, though, can we have speed and altitude tapes on the PFD?, otherwise, nice work.

I downloaded it but Just Flight expects me to register and demands my phone number and e-mail address before i could install it.
Will not install it under such terms!

If you've ever bought from Flight1, they have the info, just login with your registered email addy, if you ever buy from them (online, at least) that's part of the buying process, iirc (Name, address, phone# and email)

Will not install it under such terms!
All you need to do is make a free account with them. It is not a huge deal.
Given JustFlight's history in distributing F-Lite products, this statement seems to make little sense.Some of you guys seem to be missing the concept entirely.Its an experiment, clearly aimed towards the 'F-Lite' customer.To them this is the type of product they want, very lite and very simple.Of course people will pay for liveries, people already do pay for Liveries asexpansion packs.People will download it, people will try it, and some of them 'will' purchasethe expansion packs. At 2 to 4 Euro's a per expansion pack, its not a bad deal.The only question is whether they will sell enough packs to make up for giving the basemodel away for free.Regards.Ernie.
The F-Lite line is aimed at the simmer who wants to do things a bit deeper than the default A/C allow. The 'Easy' FMC is aimed at people who dont want to program for 15 minutes before flying, but want a feel of loading a plan, fuel, weights and having it spit out V1 speeds, etc.For a basic FMC, it's pretty good. It not supposed to be exactly like a real FMC, as many people don't have the patience to learn how to use them.I've learned how, and a flight with a full FMC in FSX is rewarding, but to those who dont have the time to learn them, F-Lite is a good alternative.If a patch is in the works, though, can we have speed and altitude tapes on the PFD?, otherwise, nice work.
Both of you hit the nail on the head. It is an 'F-Lite' product. To some people here it would just be a waste of time and space as PMDG, CS or LD are more their style. But it is, of course, a matter of preference. By the way, I would like to rephrase what I said earlier: I like the fact that it has an FMC. The FMC itself is not very realistic, but it fulfills its goal of being 'Lite'. The only problem that I can find with the whole Freemium idea is that you have to buy liveries in packs of two. It would be much better IMO to have the liveries available individually for a smaller price ($1 each or something). I just dont like having to spend $4 to get a livery I want bundled with one I will never use. I also think that JF should make the fact that it is an F-Lite aircraft a little more clear on their site.One last thing: people on there seem to be judging it like it is a payware plane. It is freeware, and very good freeware if you ask me.(P.S., to the JF people on here: Will we be seeing more livery packs in the near future?)