Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

'Freemium' 757

Hi guys. Just Flight's 757 'Freemuim' was just released yesterday, and I just wanted t know what everyone thinks about both the freemium concept and the 757 model itself. IMO, I love both the concept and the plane. It is definitely not CS in terms of systems modeling or QW in terms of exterior modeling, but it is what you would expect if it were released as payware. I also like the idea of purchasing liveries individually for cheap. On products that come with many pre-included liveries, especially the CLS A330/340 (150!), I find myself only using 2 or 3 on a regular basis. By purchasing only the liveries I want, I save both money and space on my HD. I also really like the FMC!! smile.png So, what do you guys think? (By the way, if you havent already gotten it, just dowload it from the JF website. Its free, after all!!)

Kind of fun so far. Definitely the F-Lite type of plane, rather than CS, PSS or PMDG. I really miss the speed/altitude tapes on the PFD, though.

My verdict: Crap, Garbage! Really did not spend a lot of time with this because of my first impressions.What was the point of this aircraft? This is not very realistic. The FMC is a joke.Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep using the Jon Brown merge for FS9

My verdict: Crap, Garbage! Really did not spend a lot of time with this because of my first impressions.
Your opinion is noted and given what it's worth. Nothing of value...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My verdict: Crap, Garbage! Really did not spend a lot of time with this because of my first impressions.What was the point of this aircraft?This is not very realistic. The FMC is a joke.Thanks, but no thanks. I'll keep using the Jon Brown merge for FS9
It's free. Give it a chance. I'm going to download tonight and post a mini review tomorrow.

HelloIts free so I will not be to harsh on it, but this aircraft can only reflect badly on Just Flight.Pay for liveries, good luck with that, you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

While I understand the priveledge of anonimity compels some of you to behave like a child, please show some shread of respect to the OP by answering his/her question without using terms like crap, garbage, etc.Examples:"I don't like it because...", "The X is too X", "The plane does/does not do X correctly/incorrectly", etc.Please, and thank you.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Its free so I will not be to harsh on it, but this aircraft can only reflect badly on Just Flight.
Given JustFlight's history in distributing F-Lite products, this statement seems to make little sense.Some of you guys seem to be missing the concept entirely.Its an experiment, clearly aimed towards the 'F-Lite' customer. To them this is the type of product they want, very lite and very simple.
Pay for liveries, good luck with that
Of course people will pay for liveries, people already do pay for Liveries asexpansion packs.People will download it, people will try it, and some of them 'will' purchasethe expansion packs. At 2 to 4 Euro's a per expansion pack, its not a bad deal.The only question is whether they will sell enough packs to make up for giving the basemodel away for free.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

You have summed it up perfectly Ernie! Our F-Lite range has been very successful (there is a signficant number of simmers who do not desire fully functioning CDUs!), and we are very interested to see how well the freemium concept will work in the FS world.

Martyn - Just Flight

While I understand the priveledge of anonimity compels some of you to behave like a child, please show some shread of respect to the OP by answering his/her question without using terms like crap, garbage, etc.Examples:"I don't like it because...", "The X is too X", "The plane does/does not do X correctly/incorrectly", etc.Please, and thank you.
HelloThe OP thinks the aircraft is great, he also thinks the FMC is great and he does not mind paying out for liveries, so in that respect the product has hit its target market.But I will attempt to answer the OP without using terms such as crap or garbage.The model is extremely basic but does look roughly like a 757.The VC is crude at best , the default 737 is on a whole different level to this.The FMC does not function at all like an FMC , it can load a plan but that's about it.The MCP lacks Vnav and even Level change, so impossible to simulate flying the aircraft this is supposed to represent.A nice gesture from Just Flight to give this away, but what else could they have done given the state of it.