Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Initial review of Demo (Beta?)

Nice post Bill,I keep finding more & more things about XPX that I love and I'm looking forward to V10.5 for even more fun!FYI Bill,Over on the X-Pilot's forum there's a video of the CRJ working in XPX.I would copy it over and give it a go.
Thanks h2!I'm not sure how the fellow got the CRJ working....I'll try again...I may have left out a plug-in or something :)Bill

I'm done with any of the MSFS series, it has served it purpose.
I'm wondering what the purpose was.In the meantime, I'll just keep an open mind for any sim that gets closer to real flight. And that involves flightdynamics as well as what I see out the window. And............the systems, electronics, matter too.I haven't been able to setup my joystick/pedals in X-Plane 10, due to a bug. I guess I'll try the keyboard for awhile. At least it looks interesting.

Hey Bill,I didn't try to load the CRJ yet, gonna wait for the disks.I know they are going to release a patch with some updates soon, according to the site.It's possible it a plug-in issue. Did you just copy it over, or did an install of it.Take a look on the X-Pilot forums and see what they have to say.Hey LA,It didn't mean anything :) Have a GREAT day!

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

Guest bukkohc
I'll spell it out once again -personal attacks are not done here at avsim. Calling people babies, not grown men, and references to pms are personal attacks. Debating and discussing flight sims in a respectfal way are not.I hope this is comprehended .
Geofa,You're taking the side of the anti-xplane agitators. It wouldn't come to this if the moderator of the forum kept the threads on message early on and often until the anti-plane agitators realize that it's a waste of time to post here because you're gonna delete or ban them.At the very least it would change the posting behavior of the anti xplane guys who do have something to add to the discussion but know that they can get away with the petty stuff because there are no ramifications. Please try and take an unbiased look at general tone of this forum and why the threads deteriorate like they do most of the time.It's a little more work on your part but this group needs it.Something worse happened over at flightsim.com with the xplane forum but instead of having a fair moderator they wound up with Jskorna. and it got so bad over there that now it's a ghost town.Jskorna completely sided with the anti xplane crowds and instead of deleting or banning the anti xplane attacks he would freeze the threads with some brief childish reason and continually post biased remarks to make the situation worseOf course Jskorna is well behaved over here at AVSIM because he doesn't have moderator rights attached to his login but over at flightsim.com the guy was out of control.My generalizations and personal attacks here are done to shed some light on the problem with this forum and to get your attention as the moderator.Geofa........step up and make this a better forum by ruling with an unbiased iron fist for a while..... if you don't want to do it.... find someone who can.Craig

I'm wondering what the purpose was.In the meantime, I'll just keep an open mind for any sim that gets closer to real flight. And that involves flightdynamics as well as what I see out the window. And............the systems, electronics, matter too.I haven't been able to setup my joystick/pedals in X-Plane 10, due to a bug. I guess I'll try the keyboard for awhile. At least it looks interesting.
I get the same problem (the sim freezes) when I try to go into the joystick-equipment menu. However, I was lucky because my CHProducts yoke had the pitch, yaw and throttle recognized from the start. Nothing else can be changed though.

Geofa........step up and make this a better forum by ruling with an unbiased iron fist for a while..... if you don't want to do it.... find someone who can.
Wow, if there's anyone who is unbiased, it would be Geof. He uses both sims, and is a real world pilot, with many hours on multiple planes. I think some of the die hard XPers on this forum need to relax. It's a Sunday afternoon, take it easy. You're not going to "win" us over writing stuff like that^ There's a reason this is avsim and not xplane main forum... talk about bias lol go over there.You think I have any freedom over at the xplane forums? Haha no. I've seen Larry get belittled over there by NON pilots who have zero idea what they're talking about, then his posts disappear by the mods. It's hilarious.Avsim has done a lot making a forum, hosting XP10 preview pics, and moderating this forum, I do believe it is unbiased otherwise it wouldn't exist.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

After all of this discussion I decided to continue the download. The speeds were very good now but at 99% utorrent decided it could no longer do it. A quick google found others with utorrent not finishing the xplane torrent due to a bug! I will wait until I know I wont hit my data cap later next month and try again with another torrent app. As a completely unbiased person I never saw the issue with the OP and I would think that newbies coming to this forum and this thread would feel the same as me. A few XP's jumped on the poster and did not even try to constructively address his points until 9 pages in. I think a couple of people should really ask themselves if the mod should close a thread based solely on the first post. Is that really what you want in these forums or any other.

Guest bukkohc
Wow, if there's anyone who is unbiased, it would be Geof. He uses both sims, and is a real world pilot, with many hours on multiple planes. I think some of the die hard XPers on this forum need to relax. It's a Sunday afternoon, take it easy. You're not going to "win" us over writing stuff like that^ There's a reason this is avsim and not xplane main forum... talk about bias lol go over there.You think I have any freedom over at the xplane forums? Haha no. I've seen Larry get belittled over there by NON pilots who have zero idea what they're talking about, then his posts disappear by the mods. It's hilarious.Avsim has done a lot making a forum, hosting XP10 preview pics, and moderating this forum, I do believe it is unbiased otherwise it wouldn't exist.
XPlane users aren't here to "win you over" This is the X-Plane General Discussion Forum

So this is what they are talking about at X-Plane forums.LOL.gif

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

XPlane users aren't here to "win you over"
Clearly not but I keep thinking that the OP is not known to you guys given certain questions directed at him. So his motives were not know, just assumed to be hostile. Why? Does this mean that when I get it downloaded and if I have questions where I may describe something as not ideal for me that I will get jumped on, credentials examined, assumed that I am just here to troll? You can't just assume the worst of people because of past 'what evers' or this forum will be completely unwelcoming to new users as was shown to the OP whom you do not know.

undoubtable the sim is not that shabby, so bashing is unjustified. on the other hand x-planer should stay reasonable too and use their arguments. how about a screenshot for a change?

Clearly not but I keep thinking that the OP is not known to you guys given certain questions directed at him. So his motives were not know, just assumed to be hostile. Why? Does this mean that when I get it downloaded and if I have questions where I may describe something as not ideal for me that I will get jumped on, credentials examined, assumed that I am just here to troll? You can't just assume the worst of people because of past 'what evers' or this forum will be completely unwelcoming to new users as was shown to the OP whom you do not know.
John,Whenever you summarize a review with the following, "So even though there is an eagerness for a new primary sim in the community I highly doubt that XP10 is it since I just can't see the flock of 3rd party developers coming over in droves which will be what is needed to make it a lasting success.", in a forum dedicated to X-Plane, you're bound to draw lightning. I think Mike was wrong in his assessment, especially considering how little he had tested. Had he tested extensively, setup properly, his summary might have been totally different. I know those who got it to work correctly are enthusiastic, to say the least. I think Mike will eventually give XPX another trial. Whether he posts his findings in this forum or not is another story... LOL.gifBy the way, I posted a link to a German server where you can download the demo, if you have a fast connection, it's a matter of minutes for it to complete. Hope you get a chance soon to try it out for yourself.p.s. here is the download link, http://www.chip.de/downloads/X-Plane_31525841.html#sp=x-plane%2010%20demo&N=0&pos=1

First, I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread like an adult. I only wish there were more of you so the mods didn't always look like the bad guys for enforcing the terms of use.

My generalizations and personal attacks here are done to shed some light on the problem with this forum and to get your attention as the moderator.Geofa........step up and make this a better forum by ruling with an unbiased iron fist for a while..... if you don't want to do it.... find someone who can.
Craig,I've never actually seen, in eight years, someone who publicly admits to breaking the AVSIM Terms of Use multiple times (yes, plural -- I notice you said personal attacks, not attack). Here at AVSIM we have a one strike policy, and if you don't agree with a moderator stepping in to address terms of use being violated, then you're out of here head first. I'm granting you a two week vacation from the AVSIM Forum. Whether or not you decide to come back, I really don't care.To the other antagonists, please remember Geofa, myself, and all the rest are very busy men outside of AVSIM. We all lead demanding careers that consume much of our free time, and when we do get free time we hope that we can come to AVSIM and remember why this place is such a passion for everyone, including ourselves. Everything here, like the rest of the world, is cause and effect. The moderators are not to blame for closing topics and making people scared of being banned -- it's the people who post here who make us do that. If anything, they should be apologizing to us for putting us in that position.If anyone has any concerns about how myself and Geofa moderate and enforce the Terms of Use, or maybe if you think we have a bias, then I kindly ask you to present your concerns via e-mail or PM and we'll take it from there.