Sign in to follow this  
Erol

PMDG or Captain Sim?

So WHY on earth would anyone support their products? Let companies like this die out. Survival of the fitest. Either get your act together and start making proper addons or you wither and fade away. Keep supporting companies like this and hey will just keep taking advantage of you and your wallet.

Not everyone is looking for detailed systems and all that, and for those CS is often good choice if they happen to own good enough computer and encounter no major bugs that would stop them from flying from point A to point B.

I own loads of all kinds of payware addons for FSX, and I can definitely say that I have encountered a lot worse companies than CS.

You get to "badmouth" aka expressing your opinion about developers the minute your drop your credit card down on them. When I buillt my computer, it was with top of the line components so there is no reason that CS products shouldn't be able to run smoothly on it. Heck the NGX runs fantastic on it. As for your dollars to donuts bet, does 10,000+ hours sitting in the real cockpits count for credibility? Thats perhaps why I am so damn picky about addons. I will tell you what. I will install my CA products and if I can come up with 50+ VALID bugs, then you buy the CS products off of me for the value that I paid for them? If not I will buy the next 2 CS products that are released for you. Deal?

Jack, if you indeed have 10K hours in a 737-100/200 then you have all the credibility you need. However, and dont take this personally, I don't believe anyones 'creds' online, unless I have verifiable proof. Assuming you do have the time in type, then you should be the first to acknowledge that you aint gonna get a multi-million dollar aircraft for $45, so it aint gonna be perfect, NONE are from ANY developer. I am sure you are aware of this, since I did 'research your other Avsim posts and I will give you credit for being an 'equal opportunity complainer'. :-)

As far as your offer, thanks but I have to pass, I already own almost every plane CS makes and am happily flying them. I too have a few hours logged in the last 40 years, but none in a 737 of any type, or any other Boeing, so in my blissfull ignorance of real world performance, I just plod along enjoying what I have, I really dont care if the 'click sounds' are accurate or the N1 gauge doesnt refresh fast enough, as I wouldnt know the real sounds from a Mockingbirds rendition of it :-)

Now as far as any 'support' issues you had, the current CS support aint your Grampies support, you really should take another look, they have made huge improvements.

May all your flights be CAFB :-)

Jay

Jack, if you indeed have 10K hours in a 737-100/200 then you have all the credibility you need. However, and dont take this personally, I don't believe anyones 'creds' online, unless I have verifiable proof. Assuming you do have the time in type, then you should be the first to acknowledge that you aint gonna get a multi-million dollar aircraft for $45, so it aint gonna be perfect, NONE are from ANY developer. I am sure you are aware of this, since I did 'research your other Avsim posts and I will give you credit for being an 'equal opportunity complainer'. :-)

As far as your offer, thanks but I have to pass, I already own almost every plane CS makes and am happily flying them. I too have a few hours logged in the last 40 years, but none in a 737 of any type, or any other Boeing, so in my blissfull ignorance of real world performance, I just plod along enjoying what I have, I really dont care if the 'click sounds' are accurate or the N1 gauge doesnt refresh fast enough, as I wouldnt know the real sounds from a Mockingbirds rendition of it :-)

Now as far as any 'support' issues you had, the current CS support aint your Grampies support, you really should take another look, they have made huge improvements.

May all your flights be CAFB :-)

Hey Jay. Well I was hoping you wanted to buy it from me at least! lol. All my 10K hrs arent in the 737. about 4000 are in the NG. I hear what you are saying about the 45 bux and what to expect. (well it was 52 bux for the 737 for me). It does get to the point where you say to yourself "Ok for 20 bux for I can have a near perfect NG from PMDG which IMHO is well worth the 20 extra bux. Then you get super smooth gauges, systems that are modeled extremely close to the real this, and so on and on. So when I look at it that way I say if PMDG's is 70-80 then by comparison CS 737 should be about 20....at most!.

Jack, if you indeed have 10K hours in a 737-100/200 then you have all the credibility you need. However, and dont take this personally, I don't believe anyones 'creds' online, unless I have verifiable proof.

Just an FYI, Jack was one of the testers for the PMDG NGX if memory serves me right, and they pretty much only allow pilots or maintenance staff to be on the test team.

Just an FYI, Jack was one of the testers for the PMDG NGX if memory serves me right, and they pretty much only allow pilots or maintenance staff to be on the test team.

The NGX and 100/200's are 2 different animals, maybe CS will add him to their beta team :-)

Jack, if you think i'ts worth $20, wait for their $10 sale and you should be twice as happy :-)

Jay

Not to mention he's an airline pilot for WestJet or one of those other Canadian airlines, so I would imagine he has a pretty good idea of what he is talking about.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No PMDG had a number of guys that weren't pilots or AME's but a great bunch nonetheless

The NGX and 100/200's are 2 different animals, maybe CS will add him to their beta team :-)

Jack, if you think i'ts worth $20, wait for their $10 sale and you should be twice as happy :-)

LMAO touche!

I can't comment on the realism of the CS 707-300, since I have never flown one (or anything else for that matter). However, it handles very nicely (quite stable, and yet suitably "heavy"), and the visuals are top notch. I appreciate that the NGX VC is probably very nice (I haven't seen it, but I do have the PMDG J41, so I know how good their VCs are), but I can't emphasise enough just how amazing the CS 707-300 VC looks. It is right up there with the best in terms of visual quality. I may not be a pilot, but I am a graphics junkie, and the CS 707-300 is superb in that respect.

On a side note, I don't fly "by the book" like many of you guys do, but realistic visuals and flight dynamics are extremely important to me, which is why I only purchase the best. I may have grabbed the CS 707-300 for a bargain basement price, but it is (IMO) worth full price any day of the week.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well that's the problem with CS. Everything "looks" nice but flies like default aircraft and no real system modeling. Until they get serious about those aspects, they should not be mentioned with PMDG.

Word. :Loser:

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I may be wrong on this but I believe that all 737's share the same type rating. So that would make him type rated on the classic's too?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Unfortunately they dont share the same type ratings Mike. I can see why though. The NG is quite a different beast.

Unfortunately they dont share the same type ratings Mike. I can see why though. The NG is quite a different beast.

Interesting.. So all three generations have a different rating? If so then the new MAX 737 will probably have it's own rating too?

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I thought NG's with the EFIS/MAP display was type rated with the 300/500? I thought I read somewhere, that is why Southwest 737-700NG's were setup that way, so all their pilots could fly either or?

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I am taking an educated guess on the MAX but I believe it will have the same rating as the NG. They aren't modifying it that much to warrant a new type rating.

I thought NG's with the EFIS/MAP display was type rated with the 300/500? I thought I read somewhere, that is why Southwest 737-700NG's were setup that way, so all their pilots could fly either or?

I am not sure if the 3/4/5 have the same type as the NG but I know the ol 200's dont have the same type as the NG