Sign in to follow this  
Tui737

Active Sky 2012 & NGX

Man Chris, that is a pretty shot - got a love the cloud deck! 2011_12_17_17_45_58_687.png

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks Al, but its thanks to AS2012!

Chris Howard

Thanks Al, but its thanks to AS2012!
Great shot with the cloud blanket, haven't seen that~! [YET]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

For whomever is not familiar with ASE at all, what do you mean by " layers " to be set within ASE 2012 ?Do you mean layers of clouds , textures or what else ? Thx

Sorry, PMDG, hope you don't mind me using the Duke. I didn't set out to take screenies to showcase the software, it was real world weather at the airport KEUG.2011-12-17_17-20-22-791.jpg2011-12-17_17-40-1-909.jpg2011-12-17_17-39-42-988.jpg

-Iain Watson-

That sun and low vis is awesome!

Chris Howard

MarkYes, we are referring to cloud layers. In ASE I used 20 layers & had no issues. With this new product my pc is happier with 5. As you know, when you look at the weather outside, some days have many cloud layers & other may not have any. So, setting layers just tells the program the max amount of layers to create with the dowloaded weather file. I use DWC ( Direct Weather Control) & after setting a flight plan I let AS2012 select best textures based on the actual weather. I find it gives very accurate results.. This worked very well with REX & ASE too, it's not new to this new product.

MarkYes, we are referring to cloud layers. In ASE I used 20 layers & had no issues. With this new product my pc is happier with 5.As you know, when you look at the weather outside, some days have many cloud layers & other may not have any. So, setting layers just tells the program the max amount of layers to create with the dowloaded weather file.I use DWC ( Direct Weather Control) & after setting a flight plan I let AS2012 select best textures based on the actual weather. I find it gives very accurate results.. This worked very well with REX & ASE too, it's not new to this new product.
Thanks a lot mate.Much appreciated

Just took off from PDX for SJC. 1/8 mile visibilty with overcast clouds down to 200 feet and FS was running smoother then ever. The fog graphics are waaay better then the defualt and once I climbed out of the cloud layer, I was greeted with an amazing view of the clouds hugging the hills. Again, waaaay better then the defualt fog/cloud layers near the ground. Will get some screenies up soon, I'm to busy enjoying the amazing sky and sun infront of me :)
"Overcast" is the keyword. Does AS2012 really manage to show overcast as it should be? That means no ground visibility? That would be a reason for me to leave ASE behind me as up to now no weather add-on really did that job properly. It was always either just broken cloud layers or even fully visible ground from above and going into the fog when passing the (thin) cloud layer.

Regards,
Axel

if there is fog, and no overcast, you can still see the ground when above the fog.

-Iain Watson-

"Overcast" is the keyword. Does AS2012 really manage to show overcast as it should be? That means no ground visibility? That would be a reason for me to leave ASE behind me as up to now no weather add-on really did that job properly. It was always either just broken cloud layers or even fully visible ground from above and going into the fog when passing the (thin) cloud layer.
I also consider that a major reason to decide if buying it or not.REX 2 can't properly simulate such condition too, something like the picture below I mean.cloudsw.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.us

For all who already installed AS 2012 and started choose between all different textures, how did you choose lights textures...did you let AS 2012 install spotlight and strobe lights?Reason I ask is I know from the past that some addon a/c don't like when you let external texture programs install these kind of lights and I don't want to risk doing any damage to NGX's default lights which I find very good as they are.

Richard Åsberg

Well I was about 50 minutes into LIH-SJC and I got the dreaded s-turns. The wind was a constant 40 kts tailwind but it was super smooth, it barely changed all and yet the plane coulden't even stay on a straight course. I had this same problem with ASX, about once every few flights and always over the ocean. Maybe its the plane? Also, when I departed there were four cloud layers and when I went to the outside view, it got super stuttery and the frames were horrible, but if I went into the VC and looked around it was normal. Looks like I'm going to have to do some experimenting. I have an un-registered FSUIPC with the weather turned off.