Sign in to follow this  
Tui737

Active Sky 2012 & NGX

Anyone running AS2012 with 4096 32bit HD textures? Seems people are saying with more than a few layers, it's impossible. I was using REX overdrive textures at 4096 with 10 layers. Why is as2012 harder on the system s?

Eric 

what king of flight plan file format AS2012 supports for importing?i.e. only *.PLN or also *.RTE, etc.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

HiFi AS2012 - Orbx NZSI - PMDG 737-600Out of Queenstown over Lake Wakitipo. approaching the Dart river:

To the guy that was complaining about the NGX lights being Dim with AS2012. This happens with the default lights. I am doing a flight now from VHHH to RJAA. What I did was import my flight plan into AS and then load a WX theme based on the route. After that I went to the Graphics Section and selected 05 High Intensity XEON and installed that. It used the WX theme again but with the XEON change I made. Landing Lights and Strobes are super bright again.

To have a fair comparison between ASE 2012 and REX 2 we have to compare REX 2 " Essential " that is just coming within the next days-weeks.

To have a fair comparison between ASE 2012 and REX 2 we have to compare REX 2 " Essential " that is just coming within the next days-weeks.
x2

Joel Strikovsky

Anyone running AS2012 with 4096 32bit HD textures? Seems people are saying with more than a few layers, it's impossible. I was using REX overdrive textures at 4096 with 10 layers. Why is as2012 harder on the system s?
I've done the very same question but it fall unanswered. I am really interested on that too and I guess every potential customer too.

x2
Ah there's some info I did not know. I will wait as well.So x3

Ok, guess I'll restore the original files from my backup just to make sure I don't get any effects I don't want.
As it seems there is no change regarding the NGX. However, unfortunately the missing overcast sky will remain a dream as it seems.

Regards,
Axel

As it seems there is no change regarding the NGX. However, unfortunately the missing overcast sky will remain a dream as it seems.
what you saying in that with AS2012 you don't get a full overcast sky?I know with REX you don't, you only get bunch on clouds , but still you don't get a full gray overcast sky.that is what I was hoping AS2012 would change/add.could you shed some light on this with AS2012? is it still bunch of clouds (with gaps in between them) or you can get a full overcast sky?one of the most annoying thing with REX (which made me hate REX b/c of) was the fact that when it was raining and supposedly overcast sky, you would fly between clouds with large gapsin between them and you see the rain fall from the blue sky.is this the same with AS2012?

Joel Strikovsky

Fog LayersSince the haze layer is removed, there is no external depiction of low visibility automatically provided (you will not see haze when looking down from above). Instead, Fog Layer Generation is provided (option), which has been enhanced for AS2012. This injects an automatic cloud layer near the surface when the visibility is reported less than 3SM, providing a visual representation of “fog” when viewed from above. New options in AS2012 include “Use Stratus for Fog Layer Generation”, which can customize the appearance of these generated fog cloud layers. When checked, stratus clouds will be used (instead of cumulus), which provides better coverage in most circumstances.Although the manual states the above, it doesn't work 100% correctly for me, vis is 1/4 mile, cloud coverage set to max, the fog thins out at 4000ft but at 4500ft I can see 50% of the ground with 4/8ths cover only. Need to experiment a bit more.
Seems to be quite the same mess as in ASE. Hovever, the clouds are looking beautiful and more realistic if flying close to them. At the moment I'm nonetheless disappointed even if I don't have REX.

Regards,
Axel

Been flying around orbx crm area, many cumulus clouds are half in the ground, half above ground. I was hoping this would be fixed. Ground level was 8000ft. I'm not sure how a weather report can give a cloud base lower than ground level?

-Iain Watson-

You guys owe me some euros! Because of all your talk about this, I too was forced to buy also ;)Gonna try it out on IVAO crowded sky tonight - also gonna roam Scandinavia in the -600 - whuuu!!Hope to get it working over network on my laptop by then - I remember I ahd to give up using ASE.. That simconnect is a bich... Really is...Ah well - see you guys!Mas
Quite rarely to quote one self, but I just wanna let you guys know - I'M NOT DISAPPOINTED - AT ALL!Just flew ENGM-ESSA in the -600. arriving at ESSA 01L with heavy overcast and snow (night time ops) - just beautifull flying weather! My point being here, that the approach into Aerosofts Arlanda, was smooth as ever FPS wise... Maybe not be an issue with some, but for me who have a medium system, it's everything. AS2012 graphics installed (1024 bit clouds, 5 layers, DWC and Strato as fog) - smooth ride guys... Worth every penny (former ASA and ASE user, so I got the big discount, mind you).One thing (and this is not to shoot at HiFi) though - what is the deal with SimConnect!!?? I spend 8 hours (not kidding) today trying to confiugre my FSx machine and my Laptop - Apperantly you must be an IT engineer to do that... Gave up at last, so take that into consideration on the smooth ride, as AS2012 was running at the same time on FSX machine...Thumbs up Hifi!Mas

there were 3 things that made me dislike REX2 and wonder if it is changed/correct in AS2012.1) lack of overcast sky - one of the most annoying thing with REX was the fact that when it was raining and supposedly overcast sky, you would fly between clouds with large gapsin between them and you see the rain fall from the blue sky.2) inconsonance Fog - when there supposed to be fog , it only exists at a certain altitude.when you fly it would suddenly show up at a certain altitude and then disappear at a certain altitude (usually when getting close to the ground, it would disappear).3) constant Speed change - with REX during my flight (and I am talking about short flights) with either the NGX or PMDG747X I would always get my speed at my PFD go crazy.it could be at let's say 270knt then it would drop to 240 then it would jump to 310, etc. I already started to give up trimming during cruzeas I always lost the trimming when the speed would go crazy.was those corrected or better with AS2012?that is the only 3 things which would make me migrate from REX to AS2012...would appreciate if some of our AS experience drivers here could answers those.

Joel Strikovsky