Sign in to follow this  
Pushe

PMDG 737NGX with Multicrew Experience, finally talking to your FO

No Thanks FS2Crew ONLY!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hi Folks,I do not participate actively in the forum that much, since I try to read and learn.However I have seen several people demanding for PDMG to release their SDK, so it would be possible to get a more realistic cockpit experience: in other words, be able to interact through a FO the airplane and I would like to share this with them:By coincidence I run into a software application which does this in a terrific good way, without using SDK or key-mapping.I have been testing it for more than a week now and really impressed by its capabilities.You may even say different commands in a very natural way to get the same result done by the FO.And last but not least, it works for the PMDG 737NGX as promised! But is not restricted to this airplane.Check this out: http://www.multicrewxp.com/index.htmlYou can try it for several days (4 I think), before buying the license. I think it is absolutely worthwhile to give a try!And no, I don’t have any liaison with them, nor have a free copy of the product!SuccessEtienne LalieuPS. Their support by the way is superb. You can ask whatever and get almost right away an answer. :(
Hi Etienne,Thanks for sharing the information and your opinion. I beleive that if you try FS2Crew you will understand why a lot of simmers are wating for this addon.

I'm curious about fs2crew. It appears that there is currently no edition out for this version of the 737? At least not one with voice control?When it is available (unless it already is) how does the voice control work with regards to my comment above? Can I use voice commands for full hands off flight?Thanks.
the reason fscrew2 is not out for the ngx is because the sdk isnt out as of yet and when it does expect fscrew2 voice to be out very soon after its released. As byron has stated in his forum his got everything done and ready to go all he needs is the sdk. And have u checked out fscrew2 forum and the videos out of fscrew2 on other aircraft you find it does the same and if not better

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

One of the reasons I love the NGX so much is because I don't have a F/O sitting beside me !fs2crew etc.................................You got to be kiddin me. If the youtube videos are anything to go by.It was bad enough when I was flying in the RW. A lot of the new guys didn't know one end of an NG from the other. LOL.gifOne young guy actually thought the Ram Doors were for putting more memory in the FMC's. :Shocked:Now if it's a female F/O.......................................................different story. :(

Now if it's a female F/O.......................................................different story. :(
Good news for you. The Maddog version of FS2Crew came with a rather sweet sounding French girl as an FO voice option.Elle a une très, très belle voix :Love:Maybe I'll bring her back for the NGX for all the lonely guys out there LOL.gif

NOW you got my interest. While I dont considered French women to be the most beautiful (like many do), I have to admit that they have a way about themselves that is... intriguing to say the least.

First, welcome to our Fs2Crew friends. :Love:You can see that when you step into a Multi Crew Experience thread, nobody is asking you to take your trade elsewhere, or crying foul.Healthy competition is good.I am just going to state a few facts for those apprehensive about trying the Demo out.MCE Installation is a breeze.Unzip the downloaded file, then run “setup.exe” to install the Demo.There will be no adverse effect on your FSX or FS9 installation.We don’t touch the “aircraft.cfg” or “panel.cfg” filesThe original Fsx.cfg file will be saved, and a few ATC related items (text display and pilot voice) are switched off to make it more realistic. You can restore these by going to FSX general settings dialog.Once you are done with the Demo, un-install via Windows Control Panel.Next time you run FSX (or FS9), we will remind you (message box) to manually delete fsInsider.dll from the FSX root folder. At that point MCE is gone.MCE is not a keyboard mapper.Install the Demo; delete all your PMDG keyboard assignments, and all the FSX key assignments for that matter, and it will still work.The NGX proved to be easier to interface with than say PMDG MD-11. It can be done with deep understanding of the Microsoft FSX SDK.MCE simulates the entire crew workflow including ATC (native or Radar Contact).You could be reading the checklist, and handle ATC requests and acknowledgements in parallel.Pilot A flies for Southwest and he wants to rehearse his company supplied checklist. He can do so. He just needs to type it into Notepad (and comply with a specific format), and MCE will make sense of it at run time.Pilot A likes the specific FO workflows hard coded into our software.Pilot B who flies for a different airline disagrees. The solution?MCE does without hard coded scripts and allows both plot A and Pilot B to have their way.There is a powerful feature called VoxScript.Basically, you create your own voice command, and the FO will perform one or many actions based on that command.Example: You create a new command “Let’s configure the aircraft for start-up” (the sentence could be anything you are comfortable with, no need to memorise things either.You edit the script to specify exactly in which order and pace the co-pilot is going to flip the switches.Example of a scriptPack one offWait 1 secondPack two offWait 2 secondsBeacon light on…Add whatever you think is part of your airline workflow.What more can you do in terms of realism?Some people used to dislike MCE because of the use of TTS voices. With the usual excuse “sounds too robotic”.Now that we have shown we can do the easy bit too (recording audio files, even with the huge 4500+ recordings we have for each FO takes less than a month), people are coming up with other things like “MCE is only a key mapper”.There are two types of flight simmers. Those who are mature, and are perfectly capable of assessing a piece of software themselves, and will be rather happy to have a Demo to scrutinise.On the other hand, you have the crowd followers, who indulge in impulse buying based on seeing edited Videos, and being coerced by professional forum posters.Voice control is not for everyone though. That’s why we provide a Demo. If you approach a voice-based product with disdain or scepticism, all you have to do is keep silent (or try to use it as you are used to another product), and conclude that the product doesn’t do anything.We don’t want or need our customers to display blind loyalty to us. We have already given them the best we can produce in one package that took no less than 5 years to build before first release. That sounds a lot, but most of the time was spent writing the fsInsider.dll module that allows things to happen in the simulator. And further free updates are on their way (adding support to other complex aircraft), so not expecting repeats sales either.The very fact that we have designed MCE in a modular way (you can turn some features OFF or ON to suit your usage scenario) is further proof that we respect the FSX & FS9 add-ons eco-system. For example, if people don’t like our implementation of ATC, they can switch it off, and use VoxATC instead.It’s a shame that people see it as one versus the other. We have many customers who use both MCE and FS2Crew. In fact diehard voice control lovers can’t get enough from all the products out there, and not just the two mentioned above.Just my 2 cents…I wish everyone a Happy New Year on behalf of the FS++ team

So are you saying that I can have the PM run a complete prestart flow with just one command by the PF. Such as, "Prestart" and then they will run their flow, as long as I edit some files and add the workflow to it? Is there any way to have the PM monitor and challenge your actions durring a checklist?

Basically, you create your own voice command, and the FO will perform one or many actions based on that command.
That is how I read it. Looking forward to a weekend project and will install tonight.

That is correct.Because built-in voice commands take precedence over custom ones, you first need to get familiar with the existing ones.After that go to <Command> tab of the user interface, click <VoxScript> button, and create your own commands. Write what you want to hear when FO starts workflow, and what he should say when he is done. You can have as many variations as you want. MCE will pick one up at random.The script itself doesn’t involve programming at all.It just requires familiarity with existing commands, which when written in sequence, will form the body of the script. There are some examples you can learn from.Also be aware that when you select one of the pre-recorded voices, considering their limited stock vocabulary, there could be the odd situations where FO may not be able to read every custom sentence you write. This is one of the reasons (in addition to ATC) we weren’t keen on using pre-recorded speech earlier.If you become a registered user, you can submit your own scripts and we will get the voice actors to record the missing words or sentences.Buzz313th.FO will read the checklist one line at a time, and will challenge your answers, except for items he can't figure out.

But will the Fo challenge panel and switch states regardless of your voice reply during a checklist? Example.... Let's say at 10k you, the captain, forget to hit the landing lights and then at the OM you call for the landing check. When the Fo challenges you on the lights, will they see the switch state as off regardless of your answer?JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

But will the Fo challenge panel and switch states regardless of your voice reply during a checklist? Example.... Let's say at 10k you, the captain, forget to hit the landing lights and then at the OM you call for the landing check. When the Fo challenges you on the lights, will they see the switch state as off regardless of your answer?JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB
The answer is YesCo-pilot knows the state of most switches, including the tricky guard switches (he knows when to lift them, if necessary).If you have a checklist line that looks like this one[ ] Landing lights -- ONIf you reply ON, and landing lights happen to be OFF, co-pilot will ask you to re-consider your answer. Same for taxi lights, window heat, anti-ice bleeds or other items.Unless you add a custom checklist item that co-pilot doesn’t understand[ ] what are we going to do tonight -- as required :Worried:In this case he will just make sure you reply “as required”