Sign in to follow this  
MAS737

NGX Tutorial Video Series

Hi, as some of you may already know I've made a series of tutorials which is over 3 hours in length and is made up of 11 episodes... and counting! They go from explanations of the instruments, panels and systems in episodes 1-4, to the normal operating procedures in episodes 5-10 and from episode 10 onwards specific features people request. The people who have watched it have always said they are excellent so I thought I would spread the word here! I hope you enjoy them and comment requesting new videos if required of the NGX or other PMDG products (this was my first one and it's like nothing I've ever flown on MSFS).Here is my channel where you can find the episodes you would be interested in: http://www.youtube.c...ser/FSXpilot767
As per forum rules, you really should sign your full name to your posts.

As per forum rules, you really should sign your full name to your posts.
Eh? So where is yours?

Hi, as some of you may already know I've made a series of tutorials which is over 3 hours in length and is made up of 11 episodes... and counting! They go from explanations of the instruments, panels and systems in episodes 1-4, to the normal operating procedures in episodes 5-10 and from episode 10 onwards specific features people request. The people who have watched it have always said they are excellent so I thought I would spread the word here! I hope you enjoy them and comment requesting new videos if required of the NGX or other PMDG products (this was my first one and it's like nothing I've ever flown on MSFS).Here is my channel where you can find the episodes you would be interested in: http://www.youtube.c...ser/FSXpilot767
Since you know so much about this all, would you be so kind to check out my short checklist for big mistakes and errors? That would be really cool! :( I made the list with the official tutorial next to me and I used stuff from trisager's tutorial for the cold and dark part that's missing in the official tutorial, but I am no expert and it might well be I did some things (very) wrong. :wink:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/360939-737ngx-short-checklist-from-cdd-to-cd-please-check/page__pid__2239744

Thanks for your great tutorials! I really enjoy them.Can you do a tutorial of a takeoff using "cutback" thrust?Thanks!

Edmundo Azevedo

Eh? So where is yours?
Before some giant forum battle breaks forth, his name (Moe Works) is in his Dantrix.net image. Can we leave it at that please?

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Captain,Thank you for making these videos for all of us to watch and learn from.I went to your YouTube link and I have a suggestion for the videos, regarding titles. When looking at the page with an iPad all the videos on the left start with PMDG737NGX ... and episode name follows. Well, the way these titles get displayed on the IPad, it cuts off the episode portion of the title, so it is impossible to figure which one is 1 thru 12. Maybe, if you put the episode number first or you could at least make the first sentence in the video description to read Episode #-This Episode covers the...Usually, I try to watch good training videos while sitting in my full size home cockpit; thus, I can make some hands-on comparison test. Since I am using the iPad while doing this, that is why I'd like to see a change in your title structure. Unless you have an iPad you'd not likely see this as being a problem...on a desktop I don't believe it is.Thank you again,John Combs

Thanks a bunch for these videos Mas737, a lot of hard work and dedication. I will be watching them over the weekend. Cheers...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Before some giant forum battle breaks forth, his name (Moe Works) is in his Dantrix.net image. Can we leave it at that please?
Not some giant forum battle.Rules are rules, or perhaps it's some follow the rules, others ignore them,eh? Only a few weeks ago there was a banner warning from Tom about it.

yea this gets me the name thing in the signature block unless the mods start to enforce the rule than no use to start the no name flame war think this has been going on from day one. Only way this will stop if the mods will enforce the rules.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Here is my channel where you can find the episodes you would be interested in: http://www.youtube.c...ser/FSXpilot767
Hey, about time you showed up here. Folks, I have gone through every one of his vids. IMHO they are the best on YouTube for the NGX. Engine noise turned down so you can hear him, very clear speaking, very well organized. When he makes a mistake, he posts a "bubble" during editing to notify you (yes, I also always forget to set the engine switches to CONT during approach).Anyway, glad you made it here.ONE FRIENDLY PIECE OF ADVICE. Please put your full name in your signature. I personally don't care, but PMDG will delete your post. Cheers. Edited by jturie

Eh? So where is yours?
If you bothered to read my post you should have it!!

If you bothered to read my post you should have it!!
Hey folks, before this thread turns nasty....let PMDG police the names. I politely told the OP to put in his name. Never did that to anyone before, but since I am familiar with his work on YouTube I wanted to make sure that his thread did not get removed by the PMDG admin staff.pride545, I do not see your name anywhere....in your signature I see "Posted Image" and your machine specs. Guessing that "Posted Image" contains your name, but it is being stripped out somewhere along the line.Again, not intending this as a flame, just as an FYI.

Hey folks, before this thread turns nasty....let PMDG police the names. I politely told the OP to put in his name. Never did that to anyone before, but since I am familiar with his work on YouTube I wanted to make sure that his thread did not get removed by the PMDG admin staff.pride545, I do not see your name anywhere....in your signature I see "Posted Image" and your machine specs. Guessing that "Posted Image" contains your name, but it is being stripped out somewhere along the line.Again, not intending this as a flame, just as an FYI.
Ditto!