Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Pictures of our FS9/FSX/XP-10 Computers and Cockpits

My current desktop setup. The small monitor to the right is a second computer running Plan-G, TeamSpeak, Squawkbox, etc.

How do you run programs on the second monitor while the main monitor is running FSX fullscreen? My second monitor just goes black when I switch over to fullscreen.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

How do you run programs on the second monitor while the main monitor is running FSX fullscreen? My second monitor just goes black when I switch over to fullscreen.

Have you tried running "pseudo_full_screen.zip" from the AVSIM library. You are actually running in windowed mode, but it hides the start bar and the border of the FSX display, so it is like full screen.

Actually running 2 computers. The second computer communicates to FSX on the main computer using simconnect. Here is a good resource: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=151797

I can't remember whether I posted a pic of my sim or not. Anyway, if I did, I did so before making a few additions. This is the latest incarnation of my beloved play pit! I have recently added the overhead keyboard which is connected to the second PC which feeds the left hand monitor and has just recently been networked with the help of my simming buddy Capt Ricardo (who said that was easy!) This displays Flightsim Commander and Navigraph charts. On the right you may see a rectangle affair, with a gray surround, this holds my Ipad and displays several apps, in particular the Virtual Avionics CDU for the NGX. The main hardware is of course VRinsight and Hotas Warthog with two 17" Dell displays and the main 30" Dell Supersharp display which runs at 2560x1600 res.

rExF9.jpg

• Upvote 3

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Howard, that flight sim is awesome! Very nicely done. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Cheers Kevin...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I've posted before in this topic like 1.5 years ago. I've got a new rig because the previous one departed to computer heaven...

I've moved from this 980X @ 4.5ghz & ATI 5870HD XFire:

P1020425.jpg

P1020424.jpg

P1020409.jpg

To this 8 months later GTX 580 SLI:

P1020522.jpg

P1020511.jpg

And now... This is my new baby... i7 4770k @ 4.7ghz but still GTX 580 SLI (hopefully Titan SLI or 800 series in the future)...

DSC_0537.jpg

DSC_0538.jpg

DSC_0542.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

Enjoy...

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

My setup:

76Yvr.jpg

(yes, my other too expensive and time consuming hobby is music :wacko:  )

Updated pics of the internals (previous ones were in poor lighting conditions)

19jo.jpg[/url]

uwv4.jpg
rr36.jpg

Ah, the things we do to get the best flight sim experience  :lol:
osvq.jpg

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Just luv lookin' at your setups, guys.  It is very inspirational to kick my butt back into gear a finish what I have been working on for my "simpit".  Howard, yours looks looks real inviting.  Who wouldn't want to sim in that?  I bet the overall enclosure gives you a nice cockpit feel.

Keep 'em comin'!

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

My second monitor came today, so my setup is as good as complete! Will certainly never go back to a single monitor!

Need to get some smaller speakers now that I've had to move them off of the top shelf, they're far too intrusive! Going to try and find some neat square ones that will fit underneath the monitor shelf, plus general tidying of the cables!

IMG_0347.jpg

8' black & white monitor, yes, eight, you didn't read ir wrong lol

looks kinda overcast on that monitor