Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

DLC sales ranking from LIVE and STEAM

Interesting that there have been more actual P-40 downloads than P-40 'preview' downloads. This behaviour is not not shared in respect of the other aircraft... Does that mean that most of those with an interest in a P-40 are just diving in and purchasing?

Thats also the other way round in germany .

There is something wrong with the english speaking guys ^^ :LMAO:

MVGibbage[/color]' timestamp='1335383996' post='2350959']

Thats what I have been saying all along. If the "hard core" ignore Flight, Flight will ignore them

Please excuse my ignorance, but if the "hard core" download and buy DLC for a game/sim they do not like, isn't that money wasted? You're investing your money in something that MIGHT happen. Isn't it more prudent to continue to buy addons for your current sim of choice and wait to see the next simulator offering what you want?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Interesting that there have been more actual P-40 downloads than P-40 'preview' downloads. This behaviour is not not shared in respect of the other aircraft... Does that mean that most of those with an interest in a P-40 are just diving in and purchasing?

That'll probably even out with more time from release. Most of the downloads today will probably be people who knew it was coming out and made the decision to buy it beforehand. Preview downloads will pickup as people notice it in the Hangar or encounter the UFO in-game.

Thats what I have been saying all along. If the "hard core" ignore Flight, Flight will ignore them.

In fact it was the opposite, MS ignored "hard core simmers", so don´t expect them to buy a product which is not complaying with their (our) expectations. Hard core simmers were long time waiting for MS to developpe a new flight simulator.

And what about Steam? is it also different in different countries?

I don't know about DLC, but their player stats page seems global. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

FYI: Microsoft Flight currently is the 86 out of 100 "Top games by current player count" 06:31 p.m. 25/04/2012 CST

I don't know about DLC, but their player stats page seems global. http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

FYI: Microsoft Flight currently is the 86 out of 100 "Top games by current player count" 06:31 p.m. 25/04/2012 CST

That's bad news, last week I checked that list and Flight was around 50th-60th position, just below Battefield: Bad Company 2. Today BF2 is still around the same position while Flight has just over half the number of players it did a week ago.

www.antsairplanes.com

Check again- the Pay P-51 is ahead on the list-

For what area is that list? This week? This month? This year? That also makes a big difference. If its just this week, that can explain why the P-51 is higher then the Maule since everyone is getting bored of the content they already have, and are getting the P-51 really cheap to get some achievements and such.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Thats what I have been saying all along. If the "hard core" ignore Flight, Flight will ignore them. MS will follow the money trail, and if it leads them to cockpitless warbirds? I just dont think that the current crop of aircraft is a fair test to see what will return the most money for MS. They really need a popular delux aircraft to go up against the popular warbirds. I hope we get a fair test soon with Alaska, since its going to be really cold flying outside of the aircraft all the time.

Flight is obviously NOT about those who you allude to as "hard core." Flight is about the Lowest Common Denominator. I am sure that they are making money as the base engine was largely in place. It is a great way for them to wring max profit out of past investments.

As an RC-plane sim, it is looking up actually.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

In fact it was the opposite, MS ignored "hard core simmers", so don´t expect them to buy a product which is not complaying with their (our) expectations. Hard core simmers were long time waiting for MS to developpe a new flight simulator.

Exactly. It's kind of fun how some people actually seem to think that if they buy enough cockpitless DLCs MS would somehow magically start to listen them and start making more hardcore DLCs. Thats total nonsense.

Exactly. It's kind of fun how some people actually seem to think that if they buy enough cockpitless DLCs MS would somehow magically start to listen them and start making more hardcore DLCs. Thats total nonsense.

Every single time you buy a cockpitless plane, you are effectively demanding that MS make fewer planes with cockpits.

I will not be to surprised if the numbers fluctuate. DLC is there to renew interest in products where interest might otherwise be waning. It will be at the point where the DLC fails to spark satisfactory upward spikes that I will become concerned.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

DLC is there to renew interest in products where interest might otherwise be waning

Hello

Strangely the number of Flight! players on Steam has dropped since the release of the P-40

Currently 540 out of 549,248 playing and 4,256,733 logged in.

If all 540 bought the P-40 it would probably not be enough to buy lunch for the Flight! team for the rest of the week

Hello

Strangely the number of Flight! players on Steam has dropped since the release of the P-40

Currently 540 out of 549,248 playing and 4,256,733 logged in.

If all 540 bought the P-40 it would probably not be enough to buy lunch for the Flight! team for the rest of the week

I will wait till the weekend. That's the traditional "buy time" for steam. (Even train simulator does better then) Plus it gives those who are not following the topic avidly (such as the general public) time to realize that a new plane has been released. :smile:

If MS has sense, this will be the last war-bird before the release of Alaska.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I fear we all know what will happen next...

Flight will finally release a non-warplane with a working cockpit... for more money than the cockpitless warbirds, of course...

And sales will be comparatively dismal.