Sign in to follow this  
Revd

What direction will Flight take?

The area has to be relatively large, have alot of different types of terrain (for the aerocache stuff), have identifiable and well known landmarks, and have some history of aviation

Hello

And more importantly have very low population density, few roads ect.

I'm holding out for Kansas.

Then we'll need flying house... or at least a pair of ruby slippers... with a cockpit, of course...

FSXI was never started. The code is "improved" FSX code which is trimmed back.

Some of this is Semantics, I suppose. We were working on ESP II and FSXI when "we" were shutdown. We had "improved" that code base and spent a lot of time on performance including multi-pc support for a single user, but the reality is that after that time large chunks of code were ripped out which is why it isn't backward compatible.

We had "improved" that code base and spent a lot of time on performance including multi-pc support for a single user

Hello

It is just heartbreaking that the project was not allowed to continue.

Honestly, how many really unique places are there in the world to create scenery of the sort that Flight would do well in? Places like Alaska, The Alps, Bahamas and maybe some location in Africa... but then where? The area has to be relatively large, have alot of different types of terrain (for the aerocache stuff), have identifiable and well known landmarks, and have some history of aviation.

Kill Devil Hills it is then! (Although the rest of Cackalacky isn't very interesting.)

Not to say that there aren't thousands of beautiful areas to fly around, but searching for aerocaches in a Maule around the Black Hills isn't too exciting either.

Gotta admit, thousands of square miles of cornfields would get old after a while.

Some of this is Semantics, I suppose. We were working on ESP II and FSXI when "we" were shutdown. We had "improved" that code base and spent a lot of time on performance including multi-pc support for a single user, but the reality is that after that time large chunks of code were ripped out which is why it isn't backward compatible.

What a shame you could not continue !!!

Some of this is Semantics, I suppose. We were working on ESP II and FSXI when "we" were shutdown.

I was very excited and impressed by how the entire enterprise had been restructured, with a single group focusing exclusively on the "core platform." There was so much potential for adaptation and growth!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well I’m an optimist and can’t help reading that Microsoft has no intention of developing the whole world and they are hoping to have third party developers going in two or three years. I am hoping that they are planning on getting all the systems in in three years and having the 3PDs rounding it out. One can hope. :Praying:

Guest ecg

What direction will Flight take?

Up of course, unless your landing or going for the CRASHED plane achievement.

Straight%20Face.gif

Well I’m an optimist and can’t help reading that Microsoft has no intention of developing the whole world and they are hoping to have third party developers going in two or three years. I am hoping that they are planning on getting all the systems in in three years and having the 3PDs rounding it out. One can hope. :Praying:

I am afraid that three years would be too much, in terms of graphics Flight is already few years late from what could be done for powerful computers of today, just look at Aerofly FS.

Up of course, unless your landing or going for the CRASHED plane achievement.

Been there done that - about 200 times at the last count! :rolleyes:

As for Flight, I just wish we got to hear a bit more about what exactly is planned and when it`s due. It might keep a few more people interested .

I don`t think that MS will make major changes to Flight.

There is/was a reason why they shutdown the MSFS (FSXI) project and changed their strategy towards Flight.

And as you can read out of the statements of J. Howard they still got their plans regarding Flight and they already have the content for at least this year in the pipeline.

There are only 2 possibilties:

-Flight as it is now, just with the content planned already. More scenery, more planes (w & w/o cockpit), more gold hoops, some missions.

-MS recognizes the echo and feedback and change the strategy as far as possible.

I still have hope, but i don`t think they will and/or can realize what we want Flight to be.

My last hope is that the bosses wake up and reactivate the MSFS series as it was intended before.

As for Flight, I just wish we got to hear a bit more about what exactly is planned and when it`s due. It might keep a few more people interested .

Absolutely, what other producty would you buy under the conditions that Flight is being marketed? i.e virtually zero information as to what to expect in the future from the developers. Quite incredible when you think about it. Perhaps this is all part of the new approach and can be labelled as anti-advertising.