Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Flight Update is OUT!

Mixed weather is uber-freaky!

A couple of us are flying this afternoon on the big island. At Hilo, the winds are 16 kts... while at Upolu, they're 68 kts at ground level.

Tip for Trackir 5 users who have the problem where their trackir keeps wanting to fall off the top of their monitor. Find a couple of regular-size plastic drinking straws, cut them to about 5" or 6" in length using scissors, then attach them to the rear prongs on your trackir. They will fit on and stay there with no need for glue or tape. The straws will run down the backside of your monitor. Your trackir will now NOT fall off, and will hold its position much better, not move around.

Finally got home from work, set up TrackIR 5, updated Flight, and did a bounce around Kaneohe.

Between head-tracking and toe-brakes, my enjoyment of Flight has increased about 400%.

You bet it is! I was just literally flying sideways for about ten miles and then trying to land in, basically, a field. With a clandestinely overloaded Maule...brilliant! (and messy)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

You bet it is! I was just literally flying sideways for about ten miles

haha. just found the same. wondered why I was flying on the spot, not getting closer to the runway. basically hovered over the threshold with my maule. great stuff. also, try heavy weather. quite nice too ,-)

My panning has gone up the spout. I have really slow panning;

same here. will try the fix also again , hope it'll work here. luckily there is TIR now, so little need for panning. great stuff!

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Update went perfectly for me as well. Ten minutes after starting the download, I was in Flight and setting up my controls...

Note that I had the exact same "problem" reported earlier with the toe brakes on my CH Pro Pedals. Once I realized they were working backwards, I went back and ticked off "Invert" for both axes. ;)

It is *so* much easier to taxi now! Woopie!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Great -- Flight's now broken again. Still crashes after 2 reboots. :mad: Well, I'm off to see how long it'll take to get it unscrewed THIS time.

My Flight was doing this all the time, tried 3 reinstalls to no avail, after pulling my hair out trying to fix it .. My solution was to make a new user account and run flight from there, works perfectly now, so, I now have a dedicated user profile for Flight and FSX all good. Don't know why it won't work on the other profile.

Gary

This update and the pending release of Alaska couldn't have come at a better time for me. My FS computer died last fall and rather than build a new one I chose to wait for the Ivy Bridge cpu's to become available. So I was relegated to running Flight on my older laptop.

Just so happens that I completed my build today. Loaded Flight on it, and pushed all the sliders to the right. All I can say is WOW. Now I know what everyone has been talking about concerning the graphics and smoothness. I'm really debating whether to reinstall FSX or not at this point.

I7-3770K, MSI Z77 MOBO, 250GB SSD, 1TB HD, 1866 X 8GB Ram. Really made a difference in how I now look at Flight.

Shucks, I might even run my TrackIR 4 now. :Just Kidding:

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I can do Biplane Tours again!

I had quit doing them because I fly without the Destination Marker, so you basically can't do them.

Plus I didn't like the Stearman anyway, because it's so hard to see out of, especially when landing.

Now, with TrackIR and the Glance command, Biplane Tours may be my new favorite activity. And the Stearman is so much easier to land, and actually fun now! I just spent almost two hours sightseeing!

A couple of us are flying this afternoon on the big island. At Hilo, the winds are 16 kts... while at Upolu, they're 68 kts at ground level.

Group session -- 68 knot winds -- small shack at Upolu -- all trying to float down onto it at once -- priceless!

oh well..it looks like I really am going to have to buy TrackIR now...Money%20Eyes.gif

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I can do Biplane Tours again!

I had quit doing them because I fly without the Destination Marker, so you basically can't do them.

Plus I didn't like the Stearman anyway, because it's so hard to see out of, especially when landing.

Now, with TrackIR and the Glance command, Biplane Tours may be my new favorite activity. And the Stearman is so much easier to land, and actually fun now! I just spent almost two hours sightseeing!

In my opinion, Maui is the most beautiful location in the game. The dips and valleys are gorgeous, as is a flyover of that big old volcano!

image002xk.jpg

image003uex.jpg

image001ebn.jpg

20126225468121.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Man this is all looking so great - augh, life and work is so getting in the way these days!

Maybe I can squeeze in a little time this weekend to enjoy the new update!

With the improvements and Alaska now in sight I have moved Flight from the mechanical to the solid state hard drive. The re installation was absolutely trouble free and you do not have to redo the first couple of training missions. You can carry on where you left off in the previous installation with everything present and correct.

If Alska is as good as it appears it might be I will probably ditch FSX which has cost hundreds of pounds but upon which I have to spend more time tweaking than flying.

Group session -- 68 knot winds -- small shack at Upolu -- all trying to float down onto it at once -- priceless!

Great pic! What is the lag like now? Less jerky planes? In calm weather I mean!