Realair Turbine Duke

Realair SF260

Skysim DC-9

Virtavia Apache

Virtavia KA-50

VRS Superbug

That's about it..

-Damien

Here's my list, and it is in order of preference. I did separate general aviation from commercial aviation since I find them so incredibly different. If I had to combine the lists though, it would be NGX, realair legacy, then katana.

PMDG 737 NGX

PMDG 747-400X

PMDG MD-11

PMDG Bae JetStream 4100

LDS 767-300

Feeltehere E-Jets 2

Captain Sim 737-100/200

Aerosoft Twin Otter

Feelthere ERJ v2 135/145

Flight1 Super 80

Aerosoft Airbux X

Just Flight DC-10 (CLS)

Captain Sim 727-100/200 (I miss you dreamfleet)

General Aviation:

Real Air Lancair Legacy

Diamond Katana 20 4X

Real Air Turbine Duke

Real Air Duke D60

A2A Piper Cub

Aerosoft Bronco

Carenado Piper Malibu

Too many to list.

Stan

For a bit different take on this, I'm going to list, in order, what's currently in heavy rotation, then the planes I have the most time in and whether that time is still increasing or if my likely time in them is decreasing. I'm a GA guy, as will be obvious from the list. Note, there's nothing wrong with any of the planes on the list, even the ones I'm not flying/am flying less - they just didn't suit me, at least for now. The list is obviously dynamic. :-)

In heavy rotation:

Milviz B55/E55 Baron

RealAir Lancair Legacy

(I believe that both of these will stand the test of time and become top hours planes.)

Most flown:

Carenado 337 Skymaster - steady

Carenado C210 Centurion - decreasing

RealAir Turbine Duke - steady

Carenado P46T Malibu - steady

Carenado C90 King Air - steady/decreasing

Carenado V35B - decreasing

RealAir B60 Duke - decreasing

Not flying:

Carenado A36

Flight1 Mustang

Scott

Too many to list (wait and so much money LOL)

Absolute favourites and top notch:

PMDG NGX with 600/700, RealAir Lancair, MilViz C310R, Carenado F33A (with Bert and Bernt mods), Baytower RV7

Top notch ( in no particular order)

PMDG MD-11, Flight 1 Mustang, RealAir Duke (both), Flight 1 T182T, Katana 4X, A2A J3 PiperCub

Good:

Feelthere ERJv2, EjetsV2, FSAddon Super Cub Extreme

Dated and are in the virtual museum:

Simcheck A300B4 (bought, and never get into it)

LevelD B767 (outdated VC)

PMDG J41, PMDG 747-400X

Twin OtterX, BeaverX, Leonardo MD-80 (too tough, and dated graphics, plus a system hog)

Flight 1 Skycatcher (issues, and boring VC)

Eaglesoft CitationX (un-inspiring VC)

RealAir Scout, SF260

Wilco/Feelthere B737-300

Mistakes buys (at least were on sale):

Iris products, Captain Sim 707, 757, 727 , C130, Carenado M201J

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Mistakes buys (at least were on sale):

Captain Sim 707

not trying to defend the product, as I don't own it, but I'd be interested in knowing why you label the 707 as a mistake.

1. PMDG 737 NGX Basepack

2. QualityWings 757

Definite Future Purchases

1.QualityWings 787

2. PMDG 777 Base w/ -300ER Expansion

Surprised not many people have mentioned the Digital Aviation Cheyenne. I thought it would be on everyone’s list - it’s a beautiful plane and I enjoy it as much as the Real Air Turbine Duke, maybe even more. Highly recommended for those who haven’t bought it yet.

--This thread also reminded me of my recent self imposed ban on buying new planes. I have been simming for a year now and have managed to collect a few payware planes. But I also noticed that instead of becoming proficient and mastering one type – I’ve taken to indulging in flying the next new cool thing. Which is fun – but then I might as well start playing Flight instead of buying addons with realistic system modelling. (No insult intended to Flight – I do plan to get around to installing it one day when I get bored of FSX. Right now happy with FSX’s large variety of add-ons.)

But it’s getting harder :) to hold out. Especially with all these threads about the RealAir Lancair Legacy :) and the ongoing sale.

VRS F18

CS B52 Driver

Iris F15

Area 51 C17

Iris Spartan C-27J

Carenado C90

CS 707

Looking for a decent military helicopter next

PMDG 737, 747, MD11, J41

LD 767

CS 727-100 + Freighter Exp, C130, 767-300 + Freighter, 777.200ER

QW 757

Leonardo Maddog

RealAir Turbine Duke

Aerosoft Airbus X

Wilco 737-300 Airbus Vol 1

Carenado A36

Simcheck A300 B4

Ifly 737

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

But I also noticed that instead of becoming proficient and mastering one type – I’ve taken to indulging in flying the next new cool thing.

There's certainly a danger in that and it bothers me as well. When I started doing this, I swore I'd keep my plane purchases limited so that I could fly what I had with the care I would in the real world. But I'm weak, and there are a lot of good planes out there these days. I still try to keep it real, and deal with the problem by only flying two, or at most three planes in regular rotations.

When I bring a new plane back into to my active flying schedule, I spend time checking myself out, just like I would if I was renting and just changed regular planes. This allows me to have the best of both worlds, I think.

Scott

There's certainly a danger in that and it bothers me as well. When I started doing this, I swore I'd keep my plane purchases limited so that I could fly what I had with the care I would in the real world. But I'm weak, and there are a lot of good planes out there these days. I still try to keep it real, and deal with the problem by only flying two, or at most three planes in regular rotations.

When I bring a new plane back into to my active flying schedule, I spend time checking myself out, just like I would if I was renting and just changed regular planes. This allows me to have the best of both worlds, I think.

Scott

I must confess, there are a couple of planes I own that I haven't flown more than 3 or 4 times. There is no particular reason for this other than I always seem to migrate back to my favorite 3 or 4 planes. I too, am a sucker for sales, and, let's face it, there are a lot of great airplanes out there. I've just been looking at the IRIS A-10 warthog ... and I really want it.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Surprised not many people have mentioned the Digital Aviation Cheyenne. I thought it would be on everyone’s list - it’s a beautiful plane and I enjoy it as much as the Real Air Turbine Duke, maybe even more. Highly recommended for those who haven’t bought it yet.

Probably because it's visually dated. I've got it but fly the T Duke a lot more. Still for its time the PA31T was an excellent addon!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

not trying to defend the product, as I don't own it, but I'd be interested in knowing why you label the 707 as a mistake.

Hi Wendall,

I did not realize these old birds take so much works, plus the documentation that comes with Captain Sim is skimpy, making the learning curve even stiffer. I was never able to fly the damn thing, so to me a waste. I learned my lesson, no oldies for me ever.

Scott

I also like to collect good planes (the virtual ones, of course). Especially the one that model the real ones so well. After a while, you know which one flies realistically. Others in my dust bin flies like rail.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Bronco X cause it's new and demanding

RealAir Scout and Citabria cause I have RW time in them and appreciate the fidelity of the simulation.

Warbird Sim Little Friends II P-51 cause it's done with such care and detail and has been one of my favorite a/c since I was a kid.

Iris PC-9 (I paid for it) I sort of like it. I did like to know if the flight dynamics are accurate (Any Aussie RW military fliers out there??) It really gets behind the power curve on final and takes a looong time to spool up.

The rest are freeware or modified default FSX

Slim