Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

I installed thing and nothing, it did nothing, I dont know what I did wrong. Put the Files into FSX, start FSX and have a look right?

Try it a 2nd time. And use the profile by Jean-Paul. I did also something wrong the first time.

Ron, all the files including the directory ?

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Ron, all the files including the directory ?

uhh No I downloaded a different file and put them in, now I fixed, trying rigtht now! Thanks JEan-Paul!

Ok put all those files in and your Config file Jean-Paul and still nothing even when I press ScrollLock

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

DELETED.

The comparison was bad. Reloading the sim showed different results. There is a huge drop still however.

That's strange Ron. The effect's default mode is on when you start FSX. You switch it off when you press Scroll-lock.

Srdan, how does your system perform with ENB ?

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Didn't test with ENB for a long time. Don't remember... I don't believe I had ever had such drop.

On another note: someone said that you can turn off the effects on the fly. I just tried this with the BLOOM, HDR and VIBRANCE. No effect in the sim.

I opened the settings file, set everything to 0, and reloaded the effect with scroll lock, no difference. Upon FSX reload, everything was off.

Ok got it too work, I really really like it except she hurt my FPS by about 7 or 9 and I cannot take that Im already pretty low on the FPS!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

If I have ENB installed, do I have uninstall ENB series or I can leave it in FSX and just switch between ENB and SweetFX?

Thanks again

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Did you try running without BLOOM only? Leave HDR and VIBRANCE, those don't cost anything, but bloom is a killer. I can't say there is a huge difference. But the performance is much better.

EDIT: This is dependable what is in the scenery. If I do this on the addon airport, the difference isn't that big any more.

All in all, in most situation, HDR or BLOOM cost quite much in addon sceneries.

Too bad, I really liked the effect!

What is the difference between this and Shade? DO I disable AA in Nvida Inspector?

X2

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Hi all. Are there any options for 64 bit system?

No problems with x64 system. I am using W7 x64. It will not run with the x64 .exe. Since FSX is 32 bit, no problem there, either.

Didn't test with ENB for a long time. Don't remember... I don't believe I had ever had such drop.

On another note: someone said that you can turn off the effects on the fly. I just tried this with the BLOOM, HDR and VIBRANCE. No effect in the sim.

I opened the settings file, set everything to 0, and reloaded the effect with scroll lock, no difference. Upon FSX reload, everything was off.

Scroll lock only toggles effect on and off. Pause/break key reloads the injector after making an edit in the settings .txt file.

I really liked the enb mid from the Rex forum on my old pc , but u found it just to dark on my new pc , weird!! , anyway this software sounds really interesting , next time I'm on my pc I'm going to download it & give it a try & will post back here my results. Thanks for the info .

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

If I have ENB installed, do I have uninstall ENB series or I can leave it in FSX and just switch between ENB and SweetFX?

Thanks again

Since I believe both enb and this use a modified d3d9.dll, I am afraid it is one or the other. However, if I recall correctly, enb can only be used with DX9. I am able to use SweetFX with DX10 preview.

Well now, interesting find, I'll have to have a go. Heck it's been all of what, 3 weeks, since I have a marathon tweaking session. Haven't had my fix of tweaks for November.

Thanks for the heads up though, this could be useful.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Tried and tweaked this few moments ago, and it's cool! Apsolutely no fps hit (maybe 1fps). It's like ENB, just with more options, and big plus is you can edit it in real time, just save the settings and press Pause, excellent!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.