Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Orbx England released this weekend...

Those of you who are wetting themselves,(you know who you are!) kindly clean up after them? It's starting to smell a bit 'old folk' in here. :wacko:

:blush: Oops! I think that's me. :unsure:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi Robert, sure, Orbx scenery will always replace photoscenery. One or the other...

Without going through a long posting, vector scenery will not replace (override) photo scenery. The photo scenery must be deactivated in the Scenery Library, no matter the layering.

I love Orbx scenery. I live in the UK. Therefore purchase = no brainer !

I'm getting it for sure. Although I can never complete a flight with a PMDG aircraft and an ORBX product with out a CTD. Such is life for an addict.

Would this work together with some other payware airports like those from UK2000?

I'm getting it for sure. Although I can never complete a flight with a PMDG aircraft and an ORBX product with out a CTD. Such is life for an addict.

Use the oom fix.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Without going through a long posting, vector scenery will not replace (override) photo scenery. The photo scenery must be deactivated in the Scenery Library, no matter the layering.

Hmmm, interesting. Then I have been misinformed and apologise for any confusion.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hmmm, interesting. Then I have been misinformed and apologise for any confusion.

Hi Howard i don't think you were misinformed, I think you are correct,I added a quote below from Andrew Holdsworth who owns the publishing company Playsims Publishing which publishes Horizons's VFR Photographic scenery

Hi Guys. As the owner of Flightstore.co.uk, a big supporter and stockist of ORBX titles I am looking forward to offering FTX England on our website and stores..

However as some of you know, I also own the publishing company Playsims Publishing which publishers Horizons's VFR Photographic scenery , Treescaoes from Earth Simulations and UK2000 Airports.

I wanted to make this clear from the outset as obvioulsy some people may think i am taking advantage of a conflict of interests when reading my post below.

I assure you that as my primary business is Flightstore Pilto shop, i will sell anything to the best of our ability that is in demand, regardless of other interests.

But being the publishers of this well known software does allow me to give a more detailed perspective as to what the future of this title might hold, as we know quite a lot about making scenery.

Without doubt FTX Englnad as a replacement landclass for the default FSX scenery is a no brainer. It looks far better. I cannot comment on performance as we have not seen it run yet, but i know Orbx and this will have been at the forefront of their minds.

The question is , what happens to those FSX scenery libraries that have other 3rd party software on them.

1.) Certainly it will overwrite and effectively hide any VFR Photographic scenery for England whether that is Horizons or Just Flights VFR Scenery

2.) Blending: There are no blends between say the Welsh or Scottish border in FTX and VFR Scenery as they use different images, so you will see the border and colour changes.

3.) You may have to remove Aerosofts VFR London scenery, If you keep it and moveit above FTX England, the chances of 2 x LONDONS RUNNING is I think too much to expect and Orbx will probably argue why would you want to.

4.) Earth simulations Treescapes products will be hidden unless these are movedabove but i can say with much certainty that if you do that it will look rubbish.

There will be trees everywhere, certainly conlficting with FTX landclass buildings

5.) UK2000 , Gary's airports remain the biggest question as ORBX will launch the inital airfield Goodwood that has been designed to blend with FTX, but none of Garys work will blend with FTX. At this stage we dont even know if it will cause conflicts.

6.) REX and REX Essential. No idea.

I take it from that vfr scenery will be overwritten

Unless were both wrong ^_^

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I'm ready for it.....

Take me back to dear old Blighty!

Put me on the PMDG NGX for London town!

Take me over there,

Drop me ANYWHERE,

Liverpool, Leeds, or Birmingham, well, I don't care!

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I take it from that vfr scenery will be overwritten

Unless were both wrong ^_^

I don't ever recall seeing Mr. Holdsworth's name as a developer of scenery. Anyone have a link?

I have developed vector and photo based scenery and have been known to ask people to donate some of their hard earned money for them. I like to believe I have a well rounded understanding of what the SDKs allow and how it all plays nicely within the game.

But... you can ask the developer of the coming scenery about whether the photo based scenery needs to be deactivated or not, if it hasn't already been asked a few times already?

Bottom line is that in almost all cases in FSX, photo based scenery will take rendering priority and it doesn't matter how the scenery library is layered. Compared to vector based scenery, that is.

I will definitely be getting it, I have never purchased any large UK photoscenery because the stuff available looked a little too contrasty and overwrought, even if you add trees.

When I was but a pup our family lived in Canterbury and Ashford, I can't wait to revisit that area.

And @Ron: you and Al(Chock) are the funniest guys on this website, I can't believe how well you communicate subtle elements of humor through this relatively sterile medium. Maybe it's a British thing?

First time I've been called subtle! But I thank you anyway. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I'm sure I'll purchase it, will probably be the only way I will ever get to England B)

Cheers

Martin

Hmmmmmm...... I must admit to a slight bit of surprise that they reinvented the wheel and bypassed Aerosoft london, but I can see their point as well. I will keep an eye on this release.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5