Sign in to follow this  
froogle

Brand New Previously Unreleased 777 Shot

Don't start with good or wrong things on the pictures !!!! it's still in BETA, so please keep these comments for yourself...

Hi,

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to say that, but I would for sure prefer having PMDG T7 without the EFB than the CS one with it...I have products from both, and it doesn't take me much time to choose between both for the T7.

Just a thought.

3rd party module shortly after release.... u releived me thanks so much

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If I point out that the total fuel (173) is not the sum of the fuel in the displayed tanks (69+0+69), will I get a free copy of the 777?

Maybe that's the reason for the fuel disagree EICAS message :)

Alaister Kay

Here's some things Rob mentioned yesterday;

EFB; The 777 will not come with an EFB on release, simply because they want to create one that works with all B777, B747 & B737. If I'm not mistaken they were hinting at the EFB being a completely different and optional product that will support x amount of their aircraft. The issues are is that there's SO much information, which the majority belongs to Jeppesen. At that it's VERY expensive, something like $3,000 PER EFB, PER YEAR! So they're working something out. Sure Rob will go into more detail about it all in an update one day.

Taxi Camera; someone IS working on it, but since the -300 isn't being released on release, they have a little more time and can just focus on getting the LR out the way.

B744 2.0; They're half way through the project - that's all he had to say really. Mentioned that they realise that the current 744 is actually somewhat inaccurate in various places.

B748i/F; They'll be expansions for the 744, but will include the full flight deck, systems, sounds etc. They mainly chose to do it simply because it's SO similar to the 777.

DC6; Project got held up due to the 777 and stopped being developed. However now the 777 is out of the 'Heavy Development' stage, it's back under and expecting to release fairly soon after the 777.

There were lots of other things, which you'll here in the interview when Peter gets a chance to edit it.

Oh, and Rob's reaction to "Will there be an Airbus" - "I'm not going to comment.. (Dr. Evil giggles)" :lol: :P

Thank you for the keeping us informed info Luke. This info was what I was looking for as I could not be on to listen as I'm sure others weren't either.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Can everyone keep criticisms about in-development screenshots to themselves. If they want your expertise they'll ask for it. I like to see these shots and hope they keep coming.

i think the main purpose of screenshots is to confirm if they have any errors. maybe they never get to know the pitch trim handle and when they release, all simmers would be complaining.

Yes because simmers looking at pics know better then PMDG who got their data from real T7's and have real pilots and techs to make sure everything's right.

i think the main purpose of screenshots is to confirm if they have any errors. maybe they never get to know the pitch trim handle and when they release, all simmers would be complaining.

Possibly, but especially considering the circumstances—that PMDG released the screen shots as a thank you to the flight simulation community for its generous support of Mr. Tony Radmilovich—I do not think that the release was in the interest of finding errors in the PMDG B777.

Possibly, but especially considering the circumstances—that PMDG released the screen shots as a thank you to the flight simulation community for its generous support of Mr. Tony Radmilovich—I do not think that the release was in the interest of finding errors in the PMDG B777.

Well yeah i just stated a general statement.

I still cant get over that this is still what gets produced for FSX. its nearly 7 years old!! What program do you know of would get a project like this out of a 7 yr old program and function the way PMDG aircraft function.

FSX is a very flexible platform for simulation. That's why it's still with us after all these years.

For now I see just 3 big problems with it:

1) Its graphic engine is outdated and can't be replaced with newer version.

2) It's not 64 bit

3) It's not reliable enough: can be easily broken by some configuration settings or addons

PS. We still use Windows XP at work, it's 12 years old

Let's not rush it. I think a little bit of polishing of the pitch trim and throttle components would be nice. Plus, there will need to be careful proofing and extensive beta testing before the product is fit for release.

You need to chill - Let's not jump to conclusions. The team has many experts that are there for the sole purpose of fixing inaccuracies such as these. This is merely an adaptation and/or testing module of what to expect when it is released and that is the exact reason WHY we are treated with the occasional sneak-peeks (In this case being an image). Remember that this is not the final product so don't expect too much as you have not legally paid for the product. It is people like you which is why a company hestitates to post more images for their other loyal customers. As other posters said in reply to your post, there is no need to be critical of inaccuracies at this tender stage - it's somewhat disrespectful.

On a more positive note however; beautiful VC that the company has produced. Really looking forward to such an exquisite release!

Wow!!! Each and every time they release shots like that I am in a daze for a couple of days, you know, trying to shake that longing feeling and the thought of "how much longer can I take this torment".

Seriously though, when I look through those shots, I just want to start clicking away at all the switches and knobs to fly it! PMDG, you guys have another winner here - but then again, you already know that don't you? Seriously looking forward to this one! Please don't take too long :ph34r: :LMAO:

Kind regards

You need to chill - Let's not jump to conclusions. The team has many experts that are there for the sole purpose of fixing inaccuracies such as these. This is merely an adaptation and/or testing module of what to expect when it is released and that is the exact reason WHY we are treated with the occasional sneak-peeks (In this case being an image). Remember that this is not the final product so don't expect too much as you have not legally paid for the product. It is people like you which is why a company hestitates to post more images for their other loyal customers. As other posters said in reply to your post, there is no need to be critical of inaccuracies at this tender stage - it's somewhat disrespectful.

On a more positive note however; beautiful VC that the company has produced. Really looking forward to such an exquisite release!

Please do not jump to conclusions. If you had read all of my posts on this thread and understood their individual contexts, you would have seen that (1) I had previously posted only positive remarks . . .

Looks exciting and modern! I love the coloring of the cockpit and the quality of the buttons, clear guards, and switches.

I also like how the PMDG house livery features a whole bunch of flags. Did PMDG compose that third image to excite/taunt us about the B737 BBJ and B747 V2 on top of the B777?

. . . and (2) my quotation, which you used against me, was in response to the following, . . .

Maybe we could get it next week but Its Ready When Its Ready.

. . . to which I responded with the statement regarding beta testing. The latter was not an insult to the PMDG B777, which is still in development; rather, it was expressing how a release next week would be technically impossible due to the beta testing recommended and effectively required after a product has been fully developed.

If you had read my other post, you would have seen that I agree completely with your point:

but these are only previews of a product still in development, so let's be appreciative and considerate, and not make the team not want to release screen shots in the future in fear of excessive nitpicking. I am sure that PMDG will address the large majority of these considerably minor inaccuracies prior to the release.

AWESOME !!

I'm waiting for this one very impatiently !!

I'm fed up with captainsim v0.1 v0.3 v0.6 v0.9 !!!

Loïc Londinfer - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Intel i7700K + MSI Z270 GAMING M7 + GTX 2080 Ti + 16Go DDR4 2133Mhz + Iiyama ProLite 27" On Win10 64Bits