Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

have you heard of more money?  That's what it takes for fscrew.  What am saying is if I have to pay PMDG for the great aircraft and the fact that they model 49% of the real life in a 747, why not audio.  Let's face it, pilots can actually talk.  PMDG models everything down to the last bolt yet their pilots can't talk to their passengers and the stewardesses can't talk either.  I actually had a crew annunciator in a freebie aircraft so I don't think it's that hard to do.  Maybe we could address the reason airliners fly..the passengers.  Or maybe it's the carrot dangling out there so we will spend more money for this feature.  So what about the 777?  Can't you at least have pilots and stewardesses that talk (make announcements).  This is Joe Bob, your hunky adorable pilot who is now directing this aircraft across the Atlantic and we will arrive in Amsterdam at ----time.  Enjoy our many facilities available on this flight.  If you look out your left window you will see our engine on fire contrasted by a beautiful dawn sun rising.  We are now at 45000 feet and falling  uh descending to a lower altitude.  See how your mind wanders up here with no one to talk to or listen to.   henryccrider

have you heard of more money?  That's what it takes for fscrew.  What am saying is if I have to pay PMDG for the great aircraft and the fact that they model 49% of the real life in a 747, why not audio.  Let's face it, pilots can actually talk.  PMDG models everything down to the last bolt yet their pilots can't talk to their passengers and the stewardesses can't talk either.  I actually had a crew annunciator in a freebie aircraft so I don't think it's that hard to do.  Maybe we could address the reason airliners fly..the passengers.  Or maybe it's the carrot dangling out there so we will spend more money for this feature.  So what about the 777?  Can't you at least have pilots and stewardesses that talk (make announcements).  This is Joe Bob, your hunky adorable pilot who is now directing this aircraft across the Atlantic and we will arrive in Amsterdam at ----time.  Enjoy our many facilities available on this flight.  If you look out your left window you will see our engine on fire contrasted by a beautiful dawn sun rising.  We are now at 45000 feet and falling  uh descending to a lower altitude.  See how your mind wanders up here with no one to talk to or listen to.   henryccrider

Precisely, PMDG model the aircraft not his crew. Two different things!!

Its a Flight Simulator not a PA system management Simulator!

How come this got unpinned? Assuming because the next flight deck update is coming soon?

Unpinned for a while hey mate

Oh but PMDG did model the flight crew in their 737ngx.  The co-pilot actually moves and   so does the pilot.  The pilot actually repositions himself in his seat and reaches around in the cockpit to do things and so does the co-pilot.  And they do call off heights and speeds and certain emergency announcements like terrain etc.  But I'm sure it wouldn't add hardly any cost to model the pre-flight and in-flight announcements and possibly some other announcements to the passengers for realism.  I know PMDG does not model PA systems but what I am asking for is already modeled to a degree.  The airplane actually has a PA system and in real life the aircraft would not move from the tarmac without a functional PA.  But the engine sounds are extremely complex to model but I bet you would be disappointed with an inferior, crappy sounding engine.  Modeling talking is not rocket science and to me would be more realistic.  What we have now is kind of like having a bride with a 10,000 dollar wedding dress on coming down the aisle with flip-flops on.  Henryccrider

The pilots move in other aircraft also if you look at them in the outside view. I don't know about NGX calling altitudes and emergency announcements but I believe you are referring to the GPWS (Ground Proximity Warning System) which is a system in the aircraft. There are payware addons like XPAX, which add announcements. I believe that FSPassengers does this too. There are also free addon gauges, like the FSFDX or something like that, which does the same thing and you can control the announcements yourself.

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Cant wait for this product, but Ive got a question... Will there be a Cockpit sharing, like in Leonardos's MD80 ? (Or MCC, dont know the shortcut exactly) Altought Its awesome that we have (*will have) an awesome, realistic model of the T7, but when Its procedures are real-world like, based on the real flying, of TWO PILOTS, won't it be quite hard to maintain those real procedures with just one pilot (you/me) ? I think It would be Much, much, much better If two pilots could fly the same plane at one time, just as in the MD80, which is quite an awesome flightsim expierence. And I think It would be quite great If this possibility would be on the NGX too. Anyway, keep up the great work ;)

Great info, thanks for the write up Robert. Can't wait to fly her. I don't think you particularly addressed the release date though :P

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Pete

Pete....Same here..I'm confused?

I get to "Release Date:  Please scroll back to the top and read from there...

"

And then I'm lost....Why does he keep telling me to go back to the top? :blink: :P

Guys - weather radar stuff is an instant delete, we're not going to be beating that dead horse again.

wp18ee4aab_zps300dbbeb.gif

Was hoping the PMDG 777 was going to be horrible so I wouldn't have to buy it... Looks like I'm screwed.  :wub:

Was hoping the PMDG 777 was going to be horrible so I wouldn't have to buy it... Looks like I'm screwed. :wub:

Lol

And to anticipate your possible next question: "it will be out when it will be ready".

Those two questions give me headaches.