Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

[RESOLVED] The AVSIM site is very slow

Just got this error... have no idea if it's helpful for you or not:

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: UPDATE sod_ddoswall SET hits=1,time=1365361853,block=0 WHERE ip='71.79.28.37'

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

I too am seeing unusually long response times... so something's misbehaving. Wish I were able to assist... but beyond my skill levels.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Just got this error... have no idea if it's helpful for you or not:

An error occured with the SQL server:

mySQL query error: UPDATE sod_ddoswall SET hits=1,time=1365361853,block=0 WHERE ip='71.79.28.37'

This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above.

I too am seeing unusually long response times... so something's misbehaving. Wish I were able to assist... but beyond my skill levels.

Ed, yes, that was temporary after a module removal.

That module... might it be the culprit? Now I'm seeing better response times.

I've checked the internet between the servers and myself and find nothing out of the ordinary with typical 30ms response times. I know your servers are typically quite fast for me, with pages popping up within a second or less for the most part and I'm not running some massive multi-gigabyte 'net connection on my end.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

That module... might it be the culprit? Now I'm seeing better response times.

We have been bringing that off and online over the morning. Every time we do something with a module, it has an impact on system responsiveness for a moment or two.

Working much better now at 3PM CST. Not perfect, but better.  About 5 sec. to bring up screen.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Working much better now at 3PM CST. Not perfect, but better. About 5 sec. to bring up screen.

Same here in NW England at 21:00 BST

I received this message around 2:30 EDT earlier today.

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

3 second load time now.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Sorry to repor that it is SLOOOOOW here in San Jose, CA. Took almost 1 minute to load this thread and about the same to log on.

Jim D.

Looks like you fixwd it. Much better now. Thanks a million.

Jim D.

Load 5.08 ... definitely better than 67.89  B)

I can't connect at all here in Souther Ontario. Doing a tracert I get request timeout. I have done everything, flush DNS, clear history, conctact my ISP and I can't get into avsim. Its been like this over a week now. Funny thing is I can get access (although slow) through work, but at home: :wacko:

Have a look at the various times for each element of www.avsim.com using pingdom. That will give you an idea what the issue might be. The wait times for certain objects are very long, of the magnitude of 5 seconds. This site is one of the slowest I visit, including all the usual news portals. It has nothing to do with access times and ping times. The wait times for various objects are very long, which delays the loading of the page as a whole.

A