Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Is AVSIM site slow or is it my system?

Extremely slow here for me as well. It takes about 10-20 seconds before any page on this site pulls up, and even from forum to forum. I hope you get this resolved. It's quite frustrating.

Aaron you're lucky, its about 50-60 seconds for me.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Please redo your PingPlotter tests on forum.avsim.net and repost your images. Thanks.

Slow...very slow from here in Alabama.  I click on a page on the forum, then go on and surf the web until it loads up.

Slow here too, takes 1 minute just to open this thread.... Avsim has been almost useless for me today :mellow:

I just profiled browsing this topic from page 2 to page 1. It took 33 seconds from which 900ms was spent downloading content. This means that 32 seconds were spent waiting instructions from the server and then less than 1 seconds acting based on these instructions.

I'm just guessing, but this somehow has the characteristics of a database problem. Connection pool problem perhaps?

Earlier today, I received a SQL error that was related to the DDOS "filtering". Maybe the IP gathering/updating is putting more strain on the DB than usual?

40-50 seconds to load this page...only slightly faster when initially loading into homepage.

My NORMAL loadtimes for avsim are generally around 5 seconds so something is very wrong...it's been alarmingly slow now for a couple days.

Please redo your PingPlotter tests on forum.avsim.net and repost your images. Thanks.

Here you go. The trace plot looks about the same as it was before. That said, I'm starting to believe that this perceived packet loss is a bit of a red herring; flaky connections with lots of PL tend to result in tons of TCP retransmits, but I'm seeing hardly any of those as I'm poring over my Wireshark packet captures. There's definitely something fishy going on, that's for sure. Is the web server trying to communicate with its database server over a packet-loss-infested connection, perhaps?

Oh, and here's a bonus image: a Firebug Net plot showing the loading of the PMDG NGX forum page (just as an example; the problem pertains to just about any forum page). The data contained in the graphs support the reports made by others in this thread: it takes 50+ seconds for the web server to respond to the initial GET, but the page loads quite rapidly when it eventually does send a reply.

It takes 23 seconds to open the Avsim site for me in Ontario Canada and the same when I switch from one area to another on the Avsim site.

Same here- Ontario Canada and it takes about 30-60 seconds to open any/every page. The last few days was only taking about 10 seconds to load a page. Somethin's up.

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

I'm also seeing between 45-60 seconds for a server response from the initial GET

Ping response: approx 100ms.

Now waiting only 1.2s so what ever just happened, is working :)

seems to be back to normal for the moment for me now- less than 2 seconds to load all pages.

-certified speed-junkie and jet-junkie.

Finally, it's much faster now. What was wrong with it before?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU