Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dannyterrazza

FTX Global very soon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks nice. I wish they would have captioned the images with location. Have the roads been redone I wonder. It sure looks that way to me. Maybe as more images are released it will show more detail.

Bob

In addition to the much improved land class and autogen, I really appreciate how they are inserting landmarks that were either not originally included or were built after 2006.  Should be well worth it.

Have the roads been redone I wonder.

No the roads are not redone! For that matter there will be zero changes to rivers, coastlines, lakes, mesh or 99% of the other things that Orbx puts into their regional sceneries.

I wonder how much this going to be, lol. To re-do the wholeeeee world!

If you are asking about the price its 100 dollar.

Have the roads been redone I wonder. It sure looks that way to me.

Could be, their OpenLC packs include OSM vector data. But I've tried OpenVFR vector data (also OSM based) over FSGenesis NextMap mesh for Northern Andes, and they didn't correct elevation of water polygons, so I still got ugly sunken lakes because it's based on inaccurate default mesh. That's the problem with piecemeal solutions, when you buy an FTX region they fix everything including mesh, airport and lake elevations, vector data, custom modelling and so on, not just improved textures or landclass.

I'd love to see some images or video comparing FTX Global vs latest version of GEX USA textures.

If you are asking about the price its 100 dollar.

Oh, didn't know they already released a price! Well, that'll be something I am definitely going to work towards buying for sure!

I'd love to see some images or video comparing FTX Global vs latest version of GEX USA textures.

+1

That's what I would love to see as well.

+1 for GEX vs. FTX. and +1 for captions. Of course, some of the pictures are pretty obvious.

I'd also like to see real night images. The few that they have are early evening.

The price has me interested, though.

I was about to swith from P3D to XPX but I might wait and try this out. I hope Global brings some FPS improvements...

Really want to know what Hawaii and the Asian region will look like.

Im still on the fence about this one.

I know it may sound odd but i will probably buy it if it comes with a full un-installer.I dislike how complicated they make it to remove there products cleanly.

I'll be getting is as spoon as it comes out.

As for images, John has been posting sample images from different continents and countries for almost two moinths now. Check their forum.

I was about to swith from P3D to XPX but I might wait and try this out. I hope Global brings some FPS improvements...

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that you won't see a FPS improvement on a straight slider-to-slider comparison.  Their autogen looks extremely dense on higher settings.  However, you might be able to turn down the autogen slider quite a bit and get decent performance with what might still look better than default.

Although, from what I understand, you will get a FPS improvement if you currently use any sort of night lighting - their new night lighting isn't supposed to have any FPS impact.

Those screenshots almost look too good to be just straight FTX Global.... If they are, kudos to them.

Really want to know what Hawaii and the Asian region will look like.

Several threads of Asian texture previews on their forums.

They are updating SE Asian landclass as well as part of the base package.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that you won't see a FPS improvement on a straight slider-to-slider comparison.  Their autogen looks extremely dense on higher settings.  However, you might be able to turn down the autogen slider quite a bit and get decent performance with what might still look better than default.

Although, from what I understand, you will get a FPS improvement if you currently use any sort of night lighting - their new night lighting isn't supposed to have any FPS impact.

Those screenshots almost look too good to be just straight FTX Global.... If they are, kudos to them.

That's gonna be a big one.

They've somehow figured out how to implement night lighting with no FPS hit. Goodbye UTX lighting, hello an extra 8-10 frames.

It'll make flying at night not even a thought anymore.

They do their autogen in a more optimized manner than the default though - a lot of times it can end up as less draw calls even if it looks denser visually due to those optimizations.

Very excited to see this product!

Wow this sounds promising. One product that can replace 2-3 packages! This is amazing. I feel FSX is way too bloated, and if we can keep things simple but at the same time improve on the overall sim then that is awesome news.

This month is going to be hard on the wallet... :lol:

On a side note, does anyone know how 'open' their OpenLC is going to be?  It'd be great to work on our own LC mods with the FTX global textures, but if they're selling LC addon's, I don't see them making any of that data public. Would be nice though.

This month is going to be hard on the wallet... :lol:

On a side note, does anyone know how 'open' their OpenLC is going to be?  It'd be great to work on our own LC mods with the FTX global textures, but if they're selling LC addon's, I don't see them making any of that data public. Would be nice though.

Still not a ton of info on that.

On the forums they made a comment that made it seem as if they'd have the world done in a year or so, depending on how well their processes continue to work.

Another day one buyer here. Can't wait.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Explain to me how this is going to be installed....with respect to space left on the hard drive.   If we want Global, will we have detailed instructions here or somewhere as to how to properly DELETE the scenery that we already have that we wish to replace?  I'm concerned about this.   FSX is running so well for me, that I don't want error messages when loading FSX that relate to my Scenery Library.  IS there a plan?  I have about 150 gigs left on C  with most of the space being taken by FSX and related files.

Stan

Seems like I will first do full uninstalls of GEX and Ultimate Terrain first to free up any HD space with a followup defragmentation before installing FTX Global.

Can't wait.

Regards

jja 

This is great news. I've been looking forward to this release since the day it was announced!