Sign in to follow this  
captjames

MILVIZ 732 RELEASED!

I know these things sometimes happen. I'll wait a few more hours, no problem. Just don't forget me :)

By the way did you receive that invalid key through email?

Flight 1 installer didn't accept the key I received through email either, then I went to this page:

https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=keyrequest

Then I just entered the email that I originally received the key file and other stuff into and the order number supplied by Milviz email and Flight 1 then sent me new key file which worked.

Flight 1 has full refund policy and Milviz 737 is being sold through them apparently.

Why don't you people just buy the product from Flight 1 and see if it works with SP2, if it doesn't you can always get the money back by submitting refund request within 30 days of payment, if it does then what's the problem? 

For a very simple reason: It might work in the beginning, but any future service pack might break it for SP2 - and then your money back guarantee is gone and there you are left with a broken addon because it's not officially supported. Been there once, will never risk my money on something like this again.

Enjoy the aircraft, I am sure it's great, but personally I will not spend my money on this, and so will probably many SP2 users.

Yeah well I guess it depends from how big risks you are willing to take... Sometimes I've even bought FS9 airports for some areas not covered with FSX airports without knowing how much work I possibly have to do to make them work with FSX, sometimes being pleasantly surprised and sometimes not getting them to work properly at all or only partially.  

I don't know whether acceleration really is a 'service pack' for FSX. I, like many others have it but left it out of my last reinstall and can honestly say that it makes not a jot of difference to stability or fluidity of the sim. In fact there is some evidence that you might be better off without it.

Anyhow, it does seem odd that for the sake of doing some testing on a rig with SP2 to establish that there are no ill effects (or finding a way around them if there are) Milviz have somewhat restricted their market for this bird. I doubt that we'll see any further patches for FSX so the idea that it might break in the future isn't one that concerns me particularly so I guess this is the true test of the F1 wrapper - does it work under SP2 or not is the golden question?

... I doubt that we'll see any further patches for FSX so the idea that it might break in the future isn't one that concerns me particularly so I guess this is the true test of the F1 wrapper - does it work under SP2 or not is the golden question?

Well ... quite obviously I was not talking about future FSX service packs that might break the product, I was talking about future service packs of the 732 which might break it on SP2, even if it worked initially.

That's not true, Acceleration doesn't have any more bugs or performance isssues than SP2.

Yes it's true. Acceleration is a different from SP2, it has simconnect issues in most of cases, some addons may not runing well and SP2 has better performance in my testing on about 10 different systems

I'm sorry but you're dead wrong. Acceleration is essential for proper FSX performance and compatibility. It's like running WindowsXP back then without all the service packs.

No, you're wrong. You can choose between acceleration pack or SP1+SP2. I didn't say to run FSX without service packs. SP2 has same performance improvements and compatibilities, but will perform better on most of systems in my experience

Yes it's true. Acceleration is a different from SP2, it has simconnect issues in most of cases, some addons may not runing well and SP2 has better performance in my testing on about 10 different systems

That's weird, I had SP2 before and now I have Acceleration and my FSX has never run better. 

Only addon which I have noticed some additional issues with Acceleration is Level D 767 and it kept crashing my FSX on startup even with SP2 + It's ancient anyway. 

Anyway I believe Acceleration has some additional features regarding piston engines, some addons don't work without Acceleration because of that. 

I don't really think there's much of a difference in stability and performance between SP2 and Acceleration, not on my system at least.

"If you're not a MV customer and didn't take the pre-order, you will be able to purchase the product Monday evening after 8pm or thereabouts." :(

That's what the pre-order is all about....... those guys that paid up front, to support MilViz, get it a few days early.

And quite rightly.     

Don't worry, I'm in the queue too, with you. :lol:

This is probably the most ridiculous statement I have ever read from an addon developer.

Allright - I was more than ready to spend my money on what seems to finally be a good 732, but after reading this statement MILVIZ landed on my "never ever to buy from" black list, where already developers like Captainsim reside. Congratulations !

+1 Well said Albert. I have decided to give it a wide berth also. SP2 has some bugs and ACC does not ? 

I agree, a most unusual statement to make.

.....serously, would you listen to you guys? :lol: ..... throwing the toys out of the pram or what! ..... Just buy it..... try it........ or don't .......... but get over it!       The F1 refund policy completely negates your moaning ..... because you can try it, and if it doesn't work out, get a refund!

Some flightsimmers are unreasonable primadonnas. Thanks for producing some amazing addons Milviz! Cant wait to try the 737. Hope it will work with my sp2, and if not i will just claim a refund,

A massive +1 ....... well said!

@ MilViz - Congrats on an awesome bird and all initial reports seem excellent - can't wait to pick this one up :cool:

Don't worry, I'm in the queue too, with you. :lol:

Add me as well.... ^_^

Itching for ASA PANC-PADU and some Aloha Cargo flights....

Well ... quite obviously I was not talking about future FSX service packs that might break the product, I was talking about future service packs of the 732 which might break it on SP2, even if it worked initially.

Oh I see. In that case my apologies, I got the wrong end of the stick.

That's weird, I had SP2 before and now I have Acceleration and my FSX has never run better. 

Only addon which I have noticed some additional issues with Acceleration is Level D 767 and it kept crashing my FSX on startup even with SP2 + It's ancient anyway. 

Anyway I believe Acceleration has some additional features regarding piston engines, some addons don't work without Acceleration because of that. 

I don't really think there's much of a difference in stability and performance between SP2 and Acceleration, not on my system at least.

Maybe you didn't have same settings and tweaks with SP2.

With absolutelly same settings, my fps was lower and not stable at all with Acceleration. With SP2 i get locked 30fps most of time. Performance may be related to simconnect or autogen, they are using different versions.

Level D issue is probably not related to fsx version. They have in forums instructions for correct installtation, and some more things to install for acceleration pack(i don't remember anymore what ^_^  ). It's important to download latest installer, to install some old DX version if i remeber well and to aprove all gauges. It will probably crash first time, but no problems after that

Hey guys, how much is this MilZiz 732 going to cost on Monday?

Can't find any pricing info at all on the MilViz website....

I need to know how much I need to rob the bank of! :lol:

Maybe you didn't have same settings and tweaks with SP2.

With absolutelly same settings, my fps was lower and not stable at all with Acceleration. With SP2 i get locked 30fps most of time. Performance may be related to simconnect or autogen, they are using different versions.

Level D issue is probably not related to fsx version. They have in forums instructions for correct installtation, and some more things to install for acceleration pack(i don't remember anymore what ^_^  ). It's important to download latest installer, to install some old DX version if i remeber well and to aprove all gauges. It will probably crash first time, but no problems after that

I think I had more or less same configuration.

Hmm installation instructions, sounds interesting.  I just ran the LDS 767 installer and that's it, I guess I should try look at their forums now and see if I could get it working now without it crashing my FSX all the time...

By the way did you receive that invalid key through email?

Flight 1 installer didn't accept the key I received through email either, then I went to this page:

https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=keyrequest

Then I just entered the email that I originally received the key file and other stuff into and the order number supplied by Milviz email and Flight 1 then sent me new key file which worked.

I did that already... I will retry, better than just sit and wait :)

Thank you!

Hey guys, how much is this MilZiz 732 going to cost on Monday?

Can't find any pricing info at all on the MilViz website....

I need to know how much I need to rob the bank of! :lol:

If the price on the wrapper is correct, should be 49.99 USD.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

The differences between SP 2 and Accell codebases are not going influence use of this aircraft type, there are very specific additions to the sdk with Accell's introduction that if not used are not an issue between versions , with this aircraft type catapult launches and piston engine racing variables are not an issue and never will be, during the development process i tested this on SP1 , SP2 and Accell, there is a need for a high performance graphics card but i saw no issues related to SP 2 and Accell , if anything the days of 32 bit compilers are at an end as they can’t handle the amount of data being processed.