Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

New "revolutionary" version of Active Sky coming

Thanks for the info. I like to file flight plans when flying airliners but not with smaller props. So it is good news to not have to file a plan to get accurate weather anywhere I feel like flying!

It's a great time to fly across the Atlantic from America to Europe. I'm getting 170kt tail winds over Ottawa and nice cold weather awaiting me. Too bad we can't use AS Next now :(

With the new high fidelity, and realistic, weather radar feature that supposedly displays real cloud activity, is there a chance that PMDG may implement a WX radar in their products?   Can we enable various turbulence effects, like cloud and variance, with PMDG addons and will they adversely impact the sensitive flight models of said addons?   As I fly only PMDG addons exclusively, I am very curious about how their addons will interact with the more realistic weather engine, if one is to assume that PMDG tuned their flight models to account for the inferior FSX wx engine. 

PMDG are one of the beta testers, I think you can rest assure there aircraft will work fine.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

PMDG were NOT on the ASN beta team, they were mentioned in the manual, but only in regards to thanking them for their big part in the FS developer community.

Cheers, Andy.

OK Andy I stand corrected :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

@ A.J

I have done 95% of my testing with the T7 and NGX from short 45min flights to 10hr long hauls in real time and I have no issues whatsoever, a real joy. Its really enjoyable flying these birds through the ASN sky feeling all the bumps along the way.

I would keep your pax seatbelt sign on when the weathers a bit on the rough side or they might end up with a few bruises lol!!

Chris Howard

That is exciting news Chris!   I'm so tired of the static, smooth flights I encounter in the sim because I'm afraid of S-turns or other issues, and it has been drilled into our minds by PMDG and others that even if we were able to enable turbulence it is modeled incorrectly so there was no point.

I have EZdok so things aren't perfectly still, but that only appears to be a simulation of the bumps in the air, a rocking of the camera by an unsteady hand, rather than a byproduct of the air mass I'm flying through.

As far as my comment regarding PMDG and the infamous weather radar subject, I could have sworn I read some note that they were aware of ASN's radar feature and/or modeling of clouds with real precipitation effects, can anyone confirm if they are aware?

We at X-Plane 10 will dream to have a weather radar with the functionalities provided by ASN's weather radar!

During a long time one of the major points of distinction between X-plane and MSFS was the absence of proper radar echoes... Well, we have it now, fully featured, and with detail that we still do not have in X-Plane 10!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

As far as my comment regarding PMDG and the infamous weather radar subject, I could have sworn I read some note that they were aware of ASN's radar feature and/or modeling of clouds with real precipitation effects, can anyone confirm if they are aware?

Here is an interview with Damian on simflight.de:

I’m very interested in the integration of their (Hifi’s) weatherradar and if they are already in contact with PMDG. The possibility to have the first time a real weather radar is on of the strongest selling points to get ASN. 

All we can publicly say right now is that we are in contact with several aircraft developers who are already working on integration and we are already seeing early test results that look very promising. Keep an eye out for public announcements regarding ASN radar integration with your favorite aircraft add-ons.

That leaves a lot of room for spekulation, and I do not know more than this. But if there are really already several developers on it, we can be sure PMDG will follow - soon.

And you know what a PMDG "soon" means ;)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smooth flights? Not gonna happen A.J unless your not using ASN or the weather is real nice and calm outside when you are lol!

Ezdok enhances turbulence effects in the cockpit as you know but ASN enhanced turbulence effects are just awesome. I used AOA's NGX camera profiles on default effects prior to ASN but since testing, I had to turn the effects down because I could just about scroll on a dial when flying through a t-storm with the turbulence ASN was simulating...It was fun and a challenge and still is!!

Just make sure you got the new enhanced X-Gauge up to avoid these hair raising situations :lol: or like me, use it to fly right through them and flex those wings!

Not long to go before you can experience this for yourself!  B)

Chris Howard

Not long to go before you can experience this for yourself!  B)

You can say that again!  

I already have a flight planned for the "inauguration".  RJAA to WSSS as Delta 621 in the PMDG 777-200LR.   I will be able to test out the new interpolation capabilities as there should be wide gaps in weather station coverage between Japan and Singapore.

I'm hooked on Opus for two functions only: camera control and, sometimes, weather down low.

Me too. OPUS has nailed low-ceiling low-viz imo. The cam controller add-in is great too..ASE or REX textures are great I think..It's nice to have the choice.

Totally agree with Simmerhead about the complexity. It's why I like OPUS' engine. Plug'n'go.

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Edited by 738

Chris Howard

Looks nice. Like the Wx radar. low stuff looks nice too...What res are the textures in those shots?

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Thank's!

The texture res is 1024x1024 and are AS2012 textures :)

Chris Howard