Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EGLL77W

So, how are you liking the 777?

Just curious on everyone's general opinion on the 777 from PMDG? Flying it constantly? Everything you expected? Love to hear!

Luke

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Its OK  B)

Back to more flying 

:t0103:

Seriously now, its pretty cool.. No problems here!!!

Eh? Sure I like the 777. I am perfectly happy with the -200LR and Freighter versions.

It's not yet as polished as the NGX in terms of performance and being issue-free, but with a hotfix/SP in the pipeline the 777 should quickly catch up soon.

Overall a great addon.

It's not exactly Airbus-like and it doesn't feature a wx radar, but I still like the PMDG B777 a lot!   :lol:

Seriously, it's an immersive simulation even with the current variants only and with the pre-SP issues.

The wing flex seems more like a 787 than a T7. 

Mo

You mean..  Just like in real life right?

EDIT: Copyright violation.

You mean..  Just like in real life right?

EDIT: Copyright violation.

You're right, haven't seen that before from that angle.

Thanks.

Its the best thing since sliced bread.

#LovePMDG

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

simply wonderful. i am a happy satisfied customer B)  .

the only one thing I would like to see is animations during replay (gears/wing-flex/spoilers/reverse), i dont know if it was discussed before but it would be great if it is possible.

Cheers,

Loving it, very immersive, sounds, clicks...I love the way I feel its systems getting life step by step after battery on, system check, gpu on....

But,

I still love the same my MD-11F, old and scratchy.

Like a city businessman and a rough cowboy.

On the whole really enjoying it.

Though a bit disappointed when you look at the amount of faults/bugs in the Issue Tracking Thread and the amount of time it was in development. The biggest problem for me is the random issue of aircraft climbing at minimum speed after Take Off, though PMDG says this has now been fixed for the next service pack

Hoping for an update soon,

A lot harder on the VAS on my 32 bit system than the other PMDG aircraft I have owned. Still, enjoyable to fly. Usually no taxing to the gate though. Like someone else said, I find myself going back to the good old tried and true MD-11 too. Looking forward to the patch.  Hoping it improves the memory issues I'm having.

I love taxing this beast with a high end sound system ! sounds are perfect.

oh yeah she flies good to  :rolleyes:

Just curious on everyone's general opinion on the 777 from PMDG?

I like it a lot. Haven't had any real issues with it so far but I find myself still flying the MD-11 which, despite its age, is still my favorite PMDG product.

Flying it constantly?

Pretty much but only when I'm not flying the MD-11

Everything you expected?

And more!!

Flying it alot, love it.. Very few issues in the way I operate it.. Have a minor panel state bug, but Ill live..

However I have experienced plane crashes (read crash to ground) after using auto-cruise.. Could be caused by calculating a too high crz altitude tho.

.. Still see the NGX on the side tho :b

Shelved Airbus X, MJCQ400 atm cause of time.. probaly come back to the Q400, and the AXE is deleted..

Absolutely LOVING IT!  :biggrin:

Only real issue I've seen is the panel state bug, which I've gotten around by setting up my own state based on the default one. I'm sure there are other issues but none that I've noticed so far, and I've taken it on several 16-hr flights around the world.

Have to say I still spend a lot of time flying the NGX as well during the week as I only have time for short hops. The 777 is the weekender for me.

It's absolutely beautiful in every respect; visuals, systems, sound .......... it's class leading.

But...... to be totally honest, I keep saying to myself "I'm going to fly some routes in the T7", then I fly one leg and get bored.

I'm personally just not a fan of the 777 in the real world, I find it a bit soul-less compared to the likes of the 747, 767, MD-11 and even the long-haul Airbuses (is the plural Airbi? .. :lol:).

But there is no faulting the PMDG T7 as an add-on, and if you like the 777 you will love it!

A couple of months after 777 release, and my PMDG time looks like this:-

NGX:     80%

MD-11: 15%

777:      5%

I know that a proper comparison can't be done because 737 NGX had few patches while the Triple Seven not yet, but, considering that, which is your opinion about the " differences " between NGX and 777 ?  Apart the obvious ones of course.

Thanks in advance

I like it a fair bit... More then I expected actually.

I didn't much care for the 777 - would prefer the 747v2 to be released sooner instead - but I found a new appreciation for the plane. Looking forward to the ERs as well. The LR is a bit too much hotrody for my taste, and since I don't fly long flights it is not quite possible to load it so much as to slow it down.

After T7 release. My PMDG time looks.

NGX -60%

777 -20%

747-100%

Looking forward to 747v2.

After T7 release. My PMDG time looks.

NGX -60%

777 -20%

747-100%

Looking forward to 747v2.

I wish I had 180% of my time to spend myself!   cool.png

777:      50%