Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

So, how are you liking the 777?

To be honest I bought it, but I haven't flown it once. I am waiting for all of the bugs to be fixed first.

I am quite enjoying the NGX.

I still use the NGX more

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It's the greatest. I don't think I`ve flew anything else since her arrival!

To be honest I bought it, but I haven't flown it once. I am waiting for all of the bugs to be fixed first.

I am quite enjoying the NGX.

What bugs? If there are any they are very minor. Nothing that detracts from the experience.

You bought it but haven't flown it once? Strange.

For me it's a game changer. I think it is an absolutely amazing product.

I own the NGX and that is too an amazing product.

What I love about the 777 is it has introduced to a new type of flying.

I only fly max 2 hour ish flights which has limited me to hops round Europe. But with the 777 and the excellent auto cruise feature which in my opinion is not talked about as much as it should be the 777 has opened up a whole new world to me of longer routes. Athens - Dubai that sort of thing.

I think the auto cruise is brilliant. It is so smoothly done at 4x that you don't feel bad about skipping time ( if that makes sense)

The 777 is also created so brilliantly by PMDG that it is such a joy to fly and a great experience.

I can't describe why but it is a fsx experience like no other. The start up sequence is amazing.

I also got PFPX which works great with the 777 and has enhanced the whole experience.

The FPS is good for me too and all this for just £60. So for me I love it and can't wait for PMDG next product.

Keithy George

I love it!! It's highly addictive! Very very realistic! What else can I say? All time high for PC simulation!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I haven't used the NGX ever since the 777 came out, despite the fact that the 737 is one of my 2 favorite airplanes. The PMDG 777 has made me love the 777 in general, as it was never one of my favorite airliners, but now is only third to the 737 and A320.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

To be fair, my first impressions of the 777 was pretty good, and I did enjoy flying it for what little time I spent.

I have, however, shelved it since the early days of it's release as some of the bugs tended to grind on me, and thus far, PMDG has not released any hot-fixes which specifically addresses the problems I have.  To be frank, since it's mid-november, and still no fix has been released, this has made PMDG perhaps the slowest developer to address issues, or at least in comparison to others who do fix their products that I have seen so far, and this has grated on my nerves to the point where my interest has dwindled. 

That said, It's not bad I think...

Flown it quite a lot, like some of the detail and appreciate the depth PMDG have gone to. However its not as much fun or openly as rewarding as the NGX, love the HUGS etc, think when SP2 for the NGX comes and incorporates some of the newer 777 features and fixes the 777 will be used only on the real long haul when I'm struggling to jump the oceans in my NGX.

The 777 - as in real life a bit too automated to be a fun FSX aircraft, and the 747 will be far more enjoyable when that comes out.

Also echo the comments that the slow progress to release a Hotfix, release the additional versions, which likely to be more enjoyable - and also the much needed SDK so we can start to see some hardware support and enjoy the product better - but to be fair - Id rather they just released a 747 v2.

PMDG as accustomed us to good products. So I assume that after a first patch it will be equat to the NGX.

Howevre for that price I wished that theys would have included Weather Radar and EFB.

Bat

Ing Zimmerman

Its a solid aircraft. Honestly I spend a lot more time flying the 737ngx.There are some bugs in the 777 as well, which are minor but can get on my nerves after awhile (go out you caution light!). I am still learning new things about the aircraft, but then again I just learned something new about the 737ngx the other day. The 777 uses a bit more vas than I would like and the frame rates can be slightly tougher than some other aircraft. With the next update I think it will help smooth over some of the rough edges and once I can get fs2crew with it and a working profile in topcat it will be even more appealing. The question becomes will I still want to use the 777 once the 747v2 is released. 

Hi, Luke and everyone,

My favorite aircraft has long been the 777.  Having flown several freeware versions and two other payware versions, I was very much looking forward to the PMDG release and I haven't been disappointed!  It is far more realistic and complex than earlier T7s and other heavy jet simulations.  Just about everything works properly and reliably, which is really something new in the sim world for this particular aircraft.    

I love long-hauls.  There's something amazing about starting off in Atlanta or LA and winding up in a far off destination like Tokyo, Hong Kong, or Mumbai.  The autocruise feature is excellent when I don't have time to run the flight in real time.  

I haven't delved into failures much, but I am looking forward to that aspect as well.  I like the brake overheat feature and once managed get a couple of flat tires, which was really neat! 

The reported bugs have not been much of a problem -- I just created my own C & D state from the default engine-on startup state, and rarely have an unexplained caution light and never a strange ILS freq. issue.    I can survive just fine without stepping through my flight plan on the lower EICAS screen (known to cause a CTD). 

Since I like shorter long-haul flights, like Dulles to Paris and Chicago to London, but don't like using the 200LR which would virtually never fly such routes, I hope the 200ERs come out soon. 

Haven't flown another aircraft since this one came out!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Interesting responses indeed. Hopefully some people can now see what I've seen in the 777 all this time!! But I guess it's not for everyone. I figured maybe the more classic 744 will acquire more peoples attention for more crew involvement. But the 777 is more than I originally expected from PMDG. I still need to re-write my review that I made and foolishly didn't save before my hard drive failed )-: maybe I'll do a video overview too since I have a little more time now. Just need to wait for my laptop to be returned from repairs!

Also regarding bugs - there's only two things that I'd like fixing sooner than later. But I see nothing that affects normal operations. I could never class this aircraft as buggy also. I guess seeing a little of what goes into this product makes me appreciate the current state of the 777 and testing various other versions made me realise the definition of bugs! There were some interesting/funny ones - it's amazing what fixing one thing can do to another entire system LOL!

Also regarding bugs - there's only two things that I'd like fixing sooner than later. But I see nothing that affects normal operations. I could never class this aircraft as buggy also. I guess seeing a little of what goes into this product makes me appreciate the current state of the 777 and testing various other versions made me realise the definition of bugs! There were some interesting/funny ones - it's amazing what fixing one thing can do to another entire system LOL!

Agreed. The handful of bugs I have experienced are minor considering how incredibly in-depth this sim is.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

It's the greatest. I don't think I`ve flew anything else since her arrival!

What bugs? If there are any they are very minor. Nothing that detracts from the experience.

You bought it but haven't flown it once? Strange.

Uh, there's a laundry list of bugs pinned at the top of the forum, and a small handful of them do detract from the experience. 

http://airdailyx.blogspot.sg/2013/11/lockheed-martin-prepar3d-v20-imminent.html oh great >< Now we have a very good plane with a very outdated engine or A very new engine supports dx11 and a not so good plane? At least we have Airbus ext which support p3d for airbus fans. Man this hard to decide. I understand EULA state it clearly but they also did said that can be used other then entertainment. Why din they block ngx from p3d? only T7? They should have block the plane after T7  :mad: And as it stated as not for entertainment but its what we get to simulate for. Thats why there is ivao and vatsim to simulate real life . It doesnt need to be entertained and we can still get alot out of this 

From what i can tell fsx days is over