Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

AS Next available now

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Going to try it tomorrow... also very very curious!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Requires a form to be filled out before its activated. Just dont forget to add the phrase I Agree at the end.

Nothing seems to happen to ASNext until the FSX is well on its way to loading

Mine is depicting a perfect lifelike 4600m HZ METAR at Macau Intl and working flawlessly over the network. I'm gonna spend my 7 days checking whether it's worth the upgrade and will report back occasionally.

Interestingly, on approach descent from 15000 to R29 CYQM, the upper wind at altitude was 325@65, and I thought to myself, as usual, things will veer abruptly.But it was not bad at all. ....

It was a smooth descent (wind change wise), with small 1 or 2 knot decreases and 1 degree once in a while to arrive at threshold with a wind of 300@08, which was bang on according to an outside METAR source, and never once did I get a "BIG YAW" movement. Quite nicely done. 

Now to test the famous Jetstream

allen

• Upvote 1

Just took off from snowy KMDW to KFLL on my Southwest PMDG 737-700WL.  So far, so good.

All I can say is WOW!!! (Caps intended) I took up my real air SF260 for a spin at KHUN which is currently forcasting sever TS storms. I have never had a flight experience in a flight sim like I just did. The amount of turbulence was terrifying!! (Fitting for the conditions) Sky was completely overcast as forcasted, even more then with Cloud Density set to 12 in the FSX.CFG. I hit a couple of downdrafts, dropping me a couple of times. It was really a handful - I loved it. I then tried calmer conditions at Friday's Harbor, and she flew very nice, with occasional light turbulence. I can't wait to try an airline flight!!

• Upvote 1

I got a few emails saying it was also for sale at various flight simulation online stores. I'm going to wait on this. First it's presently only for FSX. Second, there are a lot of other new versions of weather engines that are going to be available (FSGRW and REX 4 for example). In the past, these weather engines were pretty much the same, except for each having a few "bells and whistles" that the authors claimed made their weather app better. This is one add-on category where it pays to read reviews and message boards carefully.

1h into the flight, ZERO cloud flicker, a sky like i've never seen before... Wow. It can't be described, it has to be tested to be seen.

Luckily it's free for 7 days :P

(No, i don't work for them)

• Upvote 1

I was gonna wait till tomorrow to give this a go. But screw it, I'm gonna install it now!

• Upvote 1