Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

AS Next available now

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Going to try it tomorrow... also very very curious!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Requires a form to be filled out before its activated. Just dont forget to add the phrase I Agree at the end.

Nothing seems to happen to ASNext until the FSX is well on its way to loading

Mine is depicting a perfect lifelike 4600m HZ METAR at Macau Intl and working flawlessly over the network. I'm gonna spend my 7 days checking whether it's worth the upgrade and will report back occasionally.

Interestingly, on approach descent from 15000 to R29 CYQM, the upper wind at altitude was 325@65, and I thought to myself, as usual, things will veer abruptly.But it was not bad at all. ....

It was a smooth descent (wind change wise), with small 1 or 2 knot decreases and 1 degree once in a while to arrive at threshold with a wind of 300@08, which was bang on according to an outside METAR source, and never once did I get a "BIG YAW" movement. Quite nicely done. 

Now to test the famous Jetstream

allen

• Upvote 1

Just took off from snowy KMDW to KFLL on my Southwest PMDG 737-700WL.  So far, so good.

All I can say is WOW!!! (Caps intended) I took up my real air SF260 for a spin at KHUN which is currently forcasting sever TS storms. I have never had a flight experience in a flight sim like I just did. The amount of turbulence was terrifying!! (Fitting for the conditions) Sky was completely overcast as forcasted, even more then with Cloud Density set to 12 in the FSX.CFG. I hit a couple of downdrafts, dropping me a couple of times. It was really a handful - I loved it. I then tried calmer conditions at Friday's Harbor, and she flew very nice, with occasional light turbulence. I can't wait to try an airline flight!!

• Upvote 1

I got a few emails saying it was also for sale at various flight simulation online stores. I'm going to wait on this. First it's presently only for FSX. Second, there are a lot of other new versions of weather engines that are going to be available (FSGRW and REX 4 for example). In the past, these weather engines were pretty much the same, except for each having a few "bells and whistles" that the authors claimed made their weather app better. This is one add-on category where it pays to read reviews and message boards carefully.

1h into the flight, ZERO cloud flicker, a sky like i've never seen before... Wow. It can't be described, it has to be tested to be seen.

Luckily it's free for 7 days :P

(No, i don't work for them)

• Upvote 1

I was gonna wait till tomorrow to give this a go. But screw it, I'm gonna install it now!

• Upvote 1

Pretty sweet. Just flew a quick circuit around KATL. Heres the metar. KATL 090052Z 08008KT 1/2SM -DZ BR OVC003 07/06 A3023 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1 1/2

Finally thick overcast 360deg with no holes. and had some turbulence as well. 

Cant wait to do a flight in the MD11 to see how it handles wind and pressure changes.

post-266128-0-77615400-1386553369.jpgpost-266128-0-21230500-1386553372.jpgpost-266128-0-62383200-1386553374.jpgpost-266128-0-78614800-1386553376.jpg

• Upvote 5

OK, I just took an AAL 738 up to FL350 above LAX, the WX there is pretty nice but the cool thing was I set up ASN to inject weather for hundreds of miles, I was looking towards the Phoniex area and could see clouds miles and miles away and it looks amazing, it really felt like I was flying somewhere and the weather would be different when I got there, very very cool.

• Upvote 1

Here's a shot of CS727 Weather Radar at KHUM! Ths shows that existing radars work with ASN, not just the gauge that comes with it.

post-117364-0-80423000-1386553856.jpg

This is a revolution in FSX weather technology. Just departed from KATL in the NGX. Hands down the most realistic cloud and fog effects I've ever seen. 

Best $30 I've spent all year. Great job Hifi!!  ^_^

Just Amazing, KLAX to KSFO.

Weather on 15 min updates never saw one, never felt one. Wind changers ...perfect and smooth.

All you do is open ASN, load flight plan. Go fly, weather was in the sim the second it loaded flight.

Everything was perfect.

O....wind turbulence wow the 777 was working hard when I had 92-104 head wind, but the 777 did it in the way it should do.

First impressions 10/10

I haven't flown yet, but I just imported a flight plan to get the average winds aloft. There is no field for the average winds aloft. Just the winds specifically at each waypoint...

EDIT: Nevermind, it's on the Briefing Page (rather than the Flightplan page, as I'm used to in AS2012).

I haven't flown yet, but I just imported a flight plan to get the average winds aloft. There is no field for the average winds aloft. Just the winds specifically at each waypoint...

Take a closer look at the flight briefing (by clicking on the "Briefing" button)...the average winds and temps are in the first line of the briefing right under the heading "Concise weather briefing:".

There's a lot of other good info there as well!

All I can say is WOW!!! (Caps intended) I took up my real air SF260 for a spin at KHUN which is currently forcasting sever TS storms. I have never had a flight experience in a flight sim like I just did. The amount of turbulence was terrifying!! (Fitting for the conditions) Sky was completely overcast as forcasted, even more then with Cloud Density set to 12 in the FSX.CFG. I hit a couple of downdrafts, dropping me a couple of times. It was really a handful - I loved it. I then tried calmer conditions at Friday's Harbor, and she flew very nice, with occasional light turbulence. I can't wait to try an airline flight!!

<BIG GRIN> That's what I've been talking about.  Just you wait........

Vic

OPUS gives me the same shots as the user above into KATL.... (Except the aprch lights - is that a light mod scalar - it's pretty realistic!)

What does this bring to the table that OPUS doesn't?