Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

AS Next available now

Pretty sweet. Just flew a quick circuit around KATL. Heres the metar. KATL 090052Z 08008KT 1/2SM -DZ BR OVC003 07/06 A3023 RMK AO2 SFC VIS 1 1/2

Finally thick overcast 360deg with no holes. and had some turbulence as well. 

Cant wait to do a flight in the MD11 to see how it handles wind and pressure changes.

post-266128-0-77615400-1386553369.jpgpost-266128-0-21230500-1386553372.jpgpost-266128-0-62383200-1386553374.jpgpost-266128-0-78614800-1386553376.jpg

• Upvote 5

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

OK, I just took an AAL 738 up to FL350 above LAX, the WX there is pretty nice but the cool thing was I set up ASN to inject weather for hundreds of miles, I was looking towards the Phoniex area and could see clouds miles and miles away and it looks amazing, it really felt like I was flying somewhere and the weather would be different when I got there, very very cool.

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

This is a revolution in FSX weather technology. Just departed from KATL in the NGX. Hands down the most realistic cloud and fog effects I've ever seen. 

Best $30 I've spent all year. Great job Hifi!!  ^_^

Just Amazing, KLAX to KSFO.

Weather on 15 min updates never saw one, never felt one. Wind changers ...perfect and smooth.

All you do is open ASN, load flight plan. Go fly, weather was in the sim the second it loaded flight.

Everything was perfect.

O....wind turbulence wow the 777 was working hard when I had 92-104 head wind, but the 777 did it in the way it should do.

First impressions 10/10

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I haven't flown yet, but I just imported a flight plan to get the average winds aloft. There is no field for the average winds aloft. Just the winds specifically at each waypoint...

EDIT: Nevermind, it's on the Briefing Page (rather than the Flightplan page, as I'm used to in AS2012).

I haven't flown yet, but I just imported a flight plan to get the average winds aloft. There is no field for the average winds aloft. Just the winds specifically at each waypoint...

Take a closer look at the flight briefing (by clicking on the "Briefing" button)...the average winds and temps are in the first line of the briefing right under the heading "Concise weather briefing:".

There's a lot of other good info there as well!

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

All I can say is WOW!!! (Caps intended) I took up my real air SF260 for a spin at KHUN which is currently forcasting sever TS storms. I have never had a flight experience in a flight sim like I just did. The amount of turbulence was terrifying!! (Fitting for the conditions) Sky was completely overcast as forcasted, even more then with Cloud Density set to 12 in the FSX.CFG. I hit a couple of downdrafts, dropping me a couple of times. It was really a handful - I loved it. I then tried calmer conditions at Friday's Harbor, and she flew very nice, with occasional light turbulence. I can't wait to try an airline flight!!

<BIG GRIN> That's what I've been talking about.  Just you wait........

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Cannot wait to install once I land  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

OPUS gives me the same shots as the user above into KATL.... (Except the aprch lights - is that a light mod scalar - it's pretty realistic!)

What does this bring to the table that OPUS doesn't?  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have you guys had success importing weather into PFPX and then exporting wind data to the 777? I'm drooling to trial it, but I am hoping PFPX doesn't need to update anything first, otherwise I might wait till they do that. Also, are any of you using REX textures with it?

OPUS gives me the same shots as the user above into KATL....

How about in cloud and rain effects? I have not once ever seen a weather engine capable of accurately rendering these types of things. 

OPUS gives me the same shots as the user above into KATL.... (Except the aprch lights - is that a light mod scalar - it's pretty realistic!)

What does this bring to the table that OPUS doesn't?

Try it for yourself. Everyone gets a 7 day free trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

After trying out ASN briefly.. wow.  The way the visibility smoothly changes as you fly into/out of clouds is really well done. Also, the visibility is perfectly gradient as you climb or descend. There are no visible "steps" between visibility levels as you change altitude, it just smoothly changes. Also as Ben just mentioned above, you get rain right inside a specific cloud. VERY cool!

Can you be more specific?  I've always had true OVC with OPUS.  Flying approaches etc with OVC003 means I won't break out until 300 ft AGL.  You mention rain effects... enlighten me.

edit:  I see the rain answer, thank you.

Maybe Ill try the demo, thank you.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |