Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

ASN or REX?

I bought REX 4 Texture Direct and I am wondering about if I should by ASN or wait for the REX to release the new weather engines they have been speaking about.  I have never used ASN before or any of their products only used REX 2 and before REX 4 I had REX Essentials plus OD.  What are your thoughts?

Josh Scholl

You can use the REX Essentials Weather program with Rex 4,i do

I'm going to wait for the REX 4 weather program Weather Direct.then i'll use that.

steve

Active sky next.

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Active sky next.

I don't think you can say that while we know NOTHING about REX4's weather engine yet. (Although I also expect ASN to be the winner here.)

I bought REX 4 Texture Direct and I am wondering about if I should by ASN or wait for the REX to release the new weather engines they have been speaking about.  I have never used ASN before or any of their products only used REX 2 and before REX 4 I had REX Essentials plus OD.  What are your thoughts?

I'm using a REX E/REX4 textures set combo driven by ASN.   Fabulous, if you only allowed me one word....

Run the new REX4 water treatments around the Carib....and be ready to support your lower jaw....watch out for the computer desk top....ah...please don't ask...embarrassing.....

I would place my money in ActiveSky's hands. 

I have owned every version of AS and, from the 2 hours I've spent with ASN, it looks like the best effort yet. 

I was very optimistic about REX when it came out but found the weather engine to be very poor. AWESOME textures, but the weather system was clunky and inaccurate. I have no reason to believe that a new version will be better, as I never saw any improvement. 

I have 6 days left on the trial but can't imagine I won't invest in ASN.

Eddie
KABQ

I don't know, just tried the 7 day ASN demo and its going to be hard to beat!!!

Did you try the 7 day trial?

After using ASN for the past few days, there is NO going back for me!

I have not yet. How's storms in asn compared to rex weather engine? I'm interested in trying it. Is it as cpu intensive as rex engine? Got a lot of ctd errors with rex weather engine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Josh Scholl

I use REX E+ currently, I own AS2012 and have found that REX produces the best results. I would wait to purchase one before REX 4 Weather Direct comes out. There will be tons of threads on the product once released.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I'm using ASN & RexE (textures).

ASN is the most accurate weather engine I've tested so far. After a problem free 7d trial where ASN gave every possible weather right on spot, it's so much more fun to fly now!

I couldn't go back to the buggy Rex weather engine which is worse than the stock FSX real weather with FSUIPC. Their track record just isn't good, they haven't improved the Wx engine for 2 years now! And now they promise some new Wx engine with some "fancy new scientific words"....exactly just like 2 years ago! And will they give you a Free 7-day fully-functional trial before you buy???...like ASN?

I love how ASN starts and loads so quickly.  I find it to be the best weather engine now, probably Opus being the next best.

I'm getting some beautiful weather and cloud formations with REX4 Texture Direct and ASN.

Their track record just isn't good, they haven't improved the Wx engine for 2 years now! And now they promise some new Wx engine with some "fancy new scientific words"....exactly just like 2 years ago!

Like to know  what your  referring  here,   suppose you forgot   they gave  a free update  from the old version of  rex2 to the new version rexe . 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've used rex, opus and asn. I highly recommend trying the asn free trial. ASN is the first active sky product that I have used and I ended up buying it after the trial. It is excellent in storms and its nice to have real turbulence now. 

ActiveSky Next is one of the few weather engines that accurately depicts hazards to flight that we pilots must deal with every day at work. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity