Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skully

CRJ Test Flight KMIA X-Plane 10

After a nine days with XP10 I can see the writing on the wall.
The depth of this sim is incredible.

I've spent $24 on XP10 North America and $55 all together on the J32 and this new CRJ that I'm test flying here.

What a deal! I've spent more that than on one fsx aircraft.

If the fsx devs will just port over their aircraft and airport sceneries we'll be good to go.

These are the only two major things that xp lacks compared to fsx.

The 7 years of commercial development that made fsx what it is today has taken the old girl about as far as it can go. I don't see p3d being the answer any time soon.

X-Plane10 is 64 bit and like a virgin on prom night- "She's ready to go!"

post-100842-0-53663000-1388817113.jpg

post-100842-0-96628600-1388817114.jpg

post-100842-0-41557700-1388817116.jpg

post-100842-0-89067600-1388817117.jpg

post-100842-0-11195100-1388817119.jpg

post-100842-0-40286300-1388817120.jpg

post-100842-0-61532800-1388817121.jpg

post-100842-0-73909500-1388817122.jpg

post-100842-0-95803700-1388817123.jpg

post-100842-0-16506300-1388817125.jpg

I must agree. I jjust ordered XP10.

After flying dusk/night with X-plane demo I cannot go back to FSX . It lacks deepness abd realism even with nice addons like FTXG.

I really hope they can improve ATC, regarding sceneries, well, it's just that developers will realize sooner or later the growing market of X-Plane.

Great pics.

But just an aside. If you checked the Avsim demographic results, you'll notice that females take up an amazing small percentage of the flight sim enthusiast pie.

I don't think we'll encourage greater participation with that last comment about the virgin on prom night.

Just a thought.

Great Shots!  CRJ was my first payware Xplane AC, back when she was XPX's top of the line A/C. I never commited to learning how to fly her as XPX was in early beta and performance was horrible. But both are looking real pretty right now.

Another case of x-plane 10.25 showing how incredible it is. It's all I use now. Totally immersive.

I fly a piper in real life, and X plane is much closer to real life than FSX ever was.

I'm mainly a PMDG FSX simmer, but I do like Javier's rendition of the CRJ-200.  Since the CRJ-200 will soon be a thing of the past in the real world in favor of the larger -700 and -900, I really hope Javier tackles one of those.  Once PMDG comes to X-Plane, I will start a permanent move from FSX to XP.

Luis, have you seen this?

http://www.ixeg.net/gallery

Thanks for the comments all!

I will endeavor to take some more to show what X-plane can do and why I now believe it is the way forward.

I had not seen it.  Looks great!

Great shots and beautiful atmosphere.

+1 :Applause:

Great shots. The CRJ is a very nice flying plane. One of my favorites and I think the first plane I purchased for X-plane10.

Rob

Inspiring shots ! Thanks !

Make me want to fly the CRJ again.

Glad to see so many people new to X-Plane enjoying it so much! looks like a trend these days. The future is bright, ladies and gents !

In

Inspiring shots ! Thanks !
Make me want to fly the CRJ again.
Glad to see so many people new to X-Plane enjoying it so much! looks like a trend these days. The future is bright, ladies and gents !

Indeed. I think the shift will be more and more evident during this and next year. Reading that big developers like PMDG and REX have open to XP10 means they start to realize where the market is heading.

I know it's not easy after lot, sometimes tons, of bucks spent on FSX addons but eventually I'm lucky to have persuaded myself to but XP10 and some addons. Just a fast and biased try of the demo does not give the right picture to judge this sim. You need to download photo, sceneries, OSM data, buy weather plugin and a couple of aircrafts. All in all around 100 € since the large part is freeware. 

And then I've found myself completely hooked by the higher degree of realism and immersion. And I'm sure the best is yet to come.

Absolutely incredible! With this and the LES Saab 340 available for X-Plane, I'm contemplating making the switch more than ever now.