Sign in to follow this  
jose88

QualityWings 757 SP3 Released!

You can allways disable addon manager via DLL.XML, and enable it only when QW757 or FSDT airports are used. Not a big deal. 

But i am interested how is this plane, is this at least somewhere with Avro/RJ series in league?

The EFIS range and format knobs are inop.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Have the sounds been updated, as in better quality?

Interior sounds are the same but exterior sounds now have a 3D soundcone. 

Guest JustanotherPilot

After I installed this update Hifi ASN stopped working and after a wasted day I resolved the issue by reinstalling my latest copy of FSUIPC, don't know why QWSim included their version in the update, somehow it screwed up my operating version.

The VC is superb!

I would love a Level-D 767 VC remade as well to this eye-candy. Would be superb!!

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Hi All,

I've done all of QW's soundwork. Glad to hear the consensus is your enjoying the 360 Degree Sound!

Would have been in there from the beginning, but we originally developed the product for FS9 back in 08, 09. The 757 is now 110% FSX and FS9 Native.

And Regarding the poster inquiring about the FMS and VNAV. Everything you need for normal fully automated flight is available and simulated. The 757 simulates basically everything you need for normal, non emergency and failure situations.

The FMS isn't 100% simulated, but very little is left out... I would say it allows you to do 90, 95%. PBD Fixes, Radials, ARINC Format Lat Long Fixes (5 Character Short Hand) and everything else would expect for manual flightplan entry and modification.

And many other customizable options via the config cfg, which allows you to set manual engine start, and a cold and dark cockpit to name a few. Most things are already setup for you by being in Standard Mode which is the default mode the aircraft is set to with as much system simulation available.

The great thing is for those novice flyers or the ones that can't be bothered with some of the more complex airliner system simulation. There is a lite mode which allows you to fly the airplane importing a GPS flightplan and simplified use.

It's quite an extreme contrast from the standard mode to the optional lite mode. Pretty nice versatility, and that was the goal from the onset... to allow all types of simmers to enjoy the 757 their way.

Enjoy SP3 everyone!! :)

Emil

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

It did not specifically mentioned it in the change log but, does it now have missed approaches when you input an approach?

Unfortunately sir, missed approaches are not a feature of the product. It's one of the few things left out. You can however fly VOR, LOC, ILS and RNAV approaches... they are all available as options in addition to SIDS and STARS.

The Navigraph AIRAC 1401 is also included as an option at the end of the installer free of charge. Especially useful for those of you that do not update your databases on your own, or have not updated since the initial version that was included with V1.0.

But you could still enter those missed approach fixes manually by name, or by Place Bearing Distance according to the published procedure on a chart... not mention hand flying as well.

Emil

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Fantastic news.  So nice to see the cockpit visually upgraded for one.  (Hint hint PMDG on MD11   :wink2:)

Havnt tried an actual flight yet, but hoping the VNAV is alot better.  But so far I like the new exterior sounds, and some of the other little qwirks being worked out.

Fun to fly for an in between 737 and large widebodies.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Did they ever fixed the VC guages so u can read the PFD/ND better at nighttime? And is the VNAV work good and can you put Winds Aloft in the FMC?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Absolutely none of the items you mentioned happened to me.  I completely uninstalled the product - then installed from scratch like the installation directions mentioned.  4928 FSUIPC is still installed and only one mention of it in my dll.xml.  Not sure what happened to you.

Read this http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/topic3395_post22921.html#22921

For some unknown reason, a few versions back, the incorrect fsuipc.dll was loaded, FSUIPC_Loader.dll. I mentioned that earlier in this thread, clearly you did not read that.

It was also a clean install of the 757, and I never install addons on top of each other.

It was good that error happened, as I did not realise that the wrong fsuipc was loaded, and I did not notice, as everything worked like it should, like widefs and asn etc.

Anyway, Umberto from FSDT came to the rescue.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

For some unknown reason, a few versions back, the incorrect fsuipc.dll was loaded, FSUIPC_Loader.dll. I mentioned that earlier in this thread, clearly you did not read that.

It was also a clean install of the 757, and I never install addons on top of each other.

It was good that error happened, as I did not realise that the wrong fsuipc was loaded, and I did not notice, as everything worked like it should, like widefs and asn etc.

Anyway, Umberto from FSDT came to the rescue.

Julian,

I think this is wrong.  We will need Pete Dowson to return from his holiday to verify this.

Ok, cheers Dean. I did not realise Pete was away, was going to ask him what happened.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Has anyone who owns a GoFlight MCP-Pro been able to get it to work with SP3?  I saw it in the changelog, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Installation did indeed mess up my FSUIPC installation too, although it was easily fixed.

Still, to be honest I expect a bit more from QualityWings.

I then found that on loading FSX, the product wanted to install Umberto's Addon Manager and that was that for me - I don't use any products that use Addon Manager or Couatl because of first hand experience of serious problems, update requests that interrupt flights, etc.   

So, I'm out where this update is concerned but I hope it's a good update and enjoyable for others.