Sign in to follow this  
jasoncardeira

SP1 relase

However...if you were being ironic, and implying that PMDG wouldn't be silly enough to not complete the service pack first, before the ER is complete... then that would imply they have the capacity to release SP1 prior, so why not do that...

I'm sure that, if they had a chance and the 300ER was truly going to take longer, they would, but that's not the case:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/438427-01apr14-pmdg-777-200lrf-feature-preview-wx-radar/page-10#entry2960393 (point 4)

Kyle Rodgers

and point #2 spells it out quite definitively!!

This depends on point  #4   of said link

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Which was...

4) No, the 300ER isn't "holding up" SP1. In fact, quite to the contrary the 300ER is dependent upon SP1 which is not quite finished yet.

It seems to me, that what can be done in regard to the ER, without a fully implemented SP1, is being done. While "elements" of the ER that are dependant on SP1, are awaiting it's completion.

So quite reasonable I suppose that both would be complete, and thus released simultaneously.

I'm looking forward to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, and after the celebrations from the closing ceremony have become just a fuzzy memory I'll be back here reviewing this thread for updates for a certain flight sim 777 SP1 and -300ER release  :ph34r:

I read in another post that you beta testers are testing only the SP1 and not the -300ER, therefore I guess you will need time to test the -300ER after the SP1 is over. Thus all those who fly only the -200 and don't mind about the -300ER, will have to wait that the testing of the -300ER is done!  Point #4 of Rob's post starts not convincing me... 

James Goggi

I read in another post that you beta testers are testing only the SP1 and not the -300ER, therefore I guess you will need time to test the -300ER after the SP1 is over. Thus all those who fly only the -200 and don't mind about the -300ER, will have to wait that the testing of the -300ER is done!  Point #4 of Rob's post starts not convincing me... 

Yes, i think this, too!!! But i can understand that they need a finished and tested SP1, because this is important for the -300ER expansion. It´s a pity, but i really think that we have to wait. 

But i can understand that they need a finished and tested SP1, because this is important for the -300ER expansion.

Agree, but why not releasing the SP1 as soon as finished?

James Goggi

Rob has stated himself that the -300ER is NOT holding back SP1, but it is rather the other way around. Hence why they haven't released either yet...

Rob has stated himself that the -300ER is NOT holding back SP1, but it is rather the other way around. Hence why they haven't released either yet...

I know, that's just what is being discussed here. If the SP1 is holding back the -300ER, this means that as soon as the SP1 is ready both will be released? And what about the beta testing of the -300ER?

James Goggi

Yes it sucks having to wait this long for the release of the product and yes it would be nice to have a few more updates coming our way just to tide us over in the name of customer service(even if the updates don't say very much) BUT is it really going to matter once it gets released?

I dunno about you folks but I really doubt there's going to be any new threads complaining about how the finished product wasn't worth the wait. Just saying…...

Adrian Brown

Probably not a good idea to speculate on what the Beta testers are or not doing! The only way you could have that info is if one or more broke their NDA or PMDG has released it, which I don't think they have. Look we didn't know they were working on a weather radar, until the April 1st announcement, so I doubt now they would start leaking information unofficially. Robert has already had to correct misinformation about this release before ie: That SP1 and 300ER would be released together, not SP1 first. Let's not create any more headaches for him/PMDG. It will be released when it's ready.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Probably not a good idea to speculate on what the Beta testers are or not doing! The only way you could have that info is if one or more broke their NDA or PMDG has released it, which I don't think they have. Look we didn't know they were working on a weather radar, until the April 1st announcement,

Good point in there - by April 1st we found out they have been testing the SP1 for at least some days, but they didn't reveal it until then. Just because they don't say "we are testing the 300" doesn't mean they aren't.

Good point in there - by April 1st we found out they have been testing the SP1 for at least some days, but they didn't reveal it until then. Just because they don't say "we are testing the 300" doesn't mean they aren't.

We aren't.