Sign in to follow this  
chumley

Weather depiction not important to me

Whilst the depiction of weather in PMDG NGX and 777 are important to the eye candy brigade I would rather PMDG spent time investigating and resolving the nausea inducing eye point shifting when the aircraft in a turn using in the virtual cockpit.  

To me that would be immeasurably more of a winner than a coloured weather radar. 

You really cannot win with some people can you  :lol:

I do believe that the depiction of the weather radar is important especially with the immersion factor that some of us go to when flying this 777, the flight planning, fuel planning and then suddenly the weather becomes the unknown factor, deviation etc.

The eyepoint shift for me personally hasnt been such a big thing at all.

But as they say to each his own!

The eyepoint shift is FSX not PMDG.

Besides I kinda like it. Gives one the feeling of leaning into a turn etc.

Would scarcely refer to it as 'eye candy'. It is more like one of the final pieces in the jigsaw of virtual realism. Just like people getting nauseous on an aeroplane.

Although I would slightly alter how you put across your point,

I would agree with you that the shifting eyepoint is a very obvious feature of the pmdg777 more than most and would very much welcome a potential fix. (even though it's hard coded into FSX and I don't think it's possible unfortunately)

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

It's possible to fix by controlling the viewpoint and moving it in exactly equal and opposite directions to FSX. Apparently Opus are investigating it. The motion is predictable so the movement required to cancel it out is known.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ki9cAAb.jpg

Quick question guy's, does this affect TrackIR users?  I haven't noticed this using trackIR & EZDOK. 

Rob Prest

Flex 1978 - I concur! I'm using Track IR and EzDok and I haven't noticed any problem in either the 737 or the 777

Richard Bansa

Quick question guy's, does this affect TrackIR users?  I haven't noticed this using trackIR & EZDOK. 

Yes it does!

Jimmy Nestor

Yes it does!

Yes it does!

So why do some of us not see it?

Rob Prest

So why do some of us not see it?

Not sure. It's going to be worse in the 300 as well 'cause you're further from the reference datum position.

Jimmy Nestor

Ok, responding to this just as ignorant as your statement is: Who cares?

And seriously, all real aircraft have it and it's up to your personal preference whether or not you want to use it. 

Yes it's the same in EZDOK. Adjust your view, then put your aircraft on a different airport and different heading and voila. Your viewpoint has just changed. It is really annoying as the 777 is big and you constantly have to slightly adjust your viewpoint to get it all included. Sometimes you just adjust your sight with the middle wheel, other times the difference is large enough and re zooming, re positioning or just putting up with it is required.

Having a solution to this would be SO FREAKIN' AMAZING !!!!

Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777