Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

What Payware International Airport Would You Get First?

Sweet thanks. I am looking for American airports though. A lot of my flying is out of the west coast

Well if you are flying out of the west coast, then I would also vote for FSDT KLAX, Latin VFR KSAN, Flightbeam KSFO, FSDT CYVR and Aerosoft PANC. If you want to fly west FSDT also do some excellent Hawaiian airports. Elsewhere consider anything from Fly Tampa first - they set the quality standard!

Bill

While not exactly West Coast, Flightbeam's KDEN raises the bar on just about everything.  Flightbeam is also working on KSFO v3, which will bring it up to KDEN standard.

I second Latin VFR KSAN, and they are currently working on KSNA.

Todd

Ah, finally!  Some love for Flightbeam's KDEN.  A seriously beautiful job, right down to the airport actually having the real-world gulleys and hills in between and around the runways and taxiways.  All that, and it's astonishingly light on frames.  Best part is, when you go to the Flightbeam version you don't have to deal with the annoying construction going on at the real thing.  At Flightbeam's KDEN the new terminal expansion and light-rail terminal is already done!  :lol:

Scott

I do LOVE Flightbeam Phoenix. I suppose I'm biased because I live here... but... still.

+1 on KDEN, I love seeing the puddles on the tarmac and taxiing up to Terminal B this weekend it looked very convincing. Really looking forward to the KSFO upgrade.

Barry Friedman

make it short and sweet:

FS Dreamteam, Fly/Tampa, Flightbeam, Latin VFR. all are winners here!!!

regards, Ronny Spergel

What JIM Skorna says is the BEST advice.  I downloaded many airports.....however, if you don't fly out of them or into them, they are just taking up valuable space.  You have to use it or you lose it!  Get an airport that you will use frequently.  Best advice.

Stan

I was looking at the fsdt airports. And they have a 5 min trial period. Have you guys tried out Thier trial periods? Just wondering if the trial has to be downloaded separately. Thanks

Just wondering if the trial has to be downloaded separately.

There's no separate download, the only installer we have is the Trial version, which can be freely downloaded and installed without requiring any sort of registration.

You can test the scenery for an unlimited amount of 5 minutes periods ( every FSX restart, you get another 5 minutes, with no expiration ), and the Trial is 100% identical to the full version.

Activating the scenery using the Serial Number, will just remove the time limitation, there will be nothing else to download.

Cool thanks! That will come in handy.

I have noticed that flightbeam also has a trial period. There airports look really nice. Might have to check these flightbeam airports out

Sweet thanks. I am looking for American airports though. A lot of my flying is out of the west coast

I have FlightBeam's KPHX and KSFO and am very happy with those (Phoenix is my home base).

I was looking at the fsdt airports. And they have a 5 min trial period. Have you guys tried out Thier trial periods? Just wondering if the trial has to be downloaded separately. Thanks

The trial period is on the main airport download and it just about gives you enough time (if you slew around) to have a look at the scenery. After 5 minutes most of the airport elements disappear. You can repeat the 5 minute trial by restarting FSX if I remember correctly. You can then buy it if you wish to keep it.

Bill

Cool thanks! That will come in handy.

I have noticed that flightbeam also has a trial period. There airports look really nice. Might have to check these flightbeam airports out

On a side note, whatever airport(s) you get, I strongly recommend getting GSX if you do not already have it. I find the detailed airports much more enjoyable with their ground services!

I'm currently flying around the world in a 737-800 having started off from Manchester (EGCC) a couple of months ago. It's summer so I don't fly if the weather is decent.

I took advantage of the 4 July sale to buy a few FSDT US airports as well as Honolulu. I departed PHNL at the weekend and have arrived in KLAX. I'm now looking forward to flying into all those US airports I have bought. By mid-September I should have completed my tour and will be back in England.

Don't restrict yourself to your own country's airports. Take in the whole world. With GSX and Radar Contact v4.3 I've been having a whale of a time flying in areas I would never see in real life.

Flying around the world also helps spread the wear on my SSDs. :BigGrin:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather