Sign in to follow this  
Gregdpw

What Payware International Airport Would You Get First?

Absolutely definitely ANY from FlyTampa.

Absolutely the best visuals, and amazing frame rates.    If you get an Aerosoft or other high detail airport for your first, tough frame rate performance may put you off getting more.

I'd say OMDB (Dubai), LOWW (Vienna) and LGAV (Athens) are their best jobs, but Montreal is lovely too.   Boston is a little tougher on frames because the area is very 'busy' in FSX.

Tampa International is excellent as well.

Install and forget... it would never give you grief after your initial install. Low maintenance... You  will not suffer from bout of tourette syndrome.  When you fly into these airports there is almost 100% chance that these add on airports would be there.... 

Fly Tampa

UK2000

Aerosofts many airports

recent Taxi2gate

Specific airports

1) VNKT (Katmandu), Paro Intl (By thai creations)

2) Fly Tampa's Kai Tak and OMDB (Dubai)

3) Taxi 2 Gate Mexico City

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Don't forget about FSDT's KIAH. They did a fantastic job with it.

If that was directed at me that's one I bought.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just installed and did the 5 min trial version of fsdt klax. Very cool stuff there! Much nicer than the default I have been using since 2007.

My only question is that do I buy the full version from the add on manager that came with the fsdt klax? I see you just open the add on manager from the top menu after clicking the alt key.

Also to Uninstall a trial version do you just go to uninstall programs in the control panel in windows? Thanks.

Cool thanks! That will come in handy.

I have noticed that flightbeam also has a trial period. There airports look really nice. Might have to check these flightbeam airports out

I definitely recommend Flightbeam. I have KSFO and KIAD, and I love them both. I'm originally from the easy coast so I'd recommend KIAD. My first purchase with Flightbeam was KSFO. I love it as well. Flightbeam and even FSdreamteam are one of many developers that also offer a Prepar3D version to give you some good options for the future at no extra charge.

I just installed and did the 5 min trial version of fsdt klax. Very cool stuff there! Much nicer than the default I have been using since 2007.

My only question is that do I buy the full version from the add on manager that came with the fsdt klax? I see you just open the add on manager from the top menu after clicking the alt key.

Also to Uninstall a trial version do you just go to uninstall programs in the control panel in windows? Thanks.

Yes, you can just go there to remove the airport. It may also be possible to unintsall from the in-game "Addon Manager." 

I guess not too surprisingly, I would buy KPDX if someone would release a good version.

I'm waiting for someone to tackle Beijing and the surrounding area, I would buy that in a microsecond!

These are absolute favorites.

1. UK2000 EGLL EGCC

2. Flytampa Dubai, Tampa, Vienna and St. Marteen and Kai Tak

3. Taxi 2 Gate  Manilla and Orlando

4. LatinVFR Miami ( Although it seems a little framerate heavy)

5. Aerosoft Mega Airports EHAM, ESSA, LEBL EFHK and ENGM.

I purchased Flightbeam's KSFO, KDEN and KPHX and all I can say is wow!!! The new Hong Kong from Taxi 2 Gate is well done too. I have so many add on airports I cant recall them all. Just activate the ones you are using for that flight, cuts load times for me. Still waiting for ZBAA though.

Get an airport that you like to fly out of/land at. If you never go there it doesn't matter what scenery you have.

I agree with Jim, but since you asked. Aerosoft Mega Airport London Heathrow Xtended, one of the best I have seen of London and London has a lot of traffic, the third busiest i think.

KDEN hands down. I own ever FSDT and Flightbeam scenery ever made and KDEN takes the cake for me. Also nice because it blends very well with the surrounding scenery and is incredible on frames.

All of Flightbeam's offerings are excellent.  I am partial to KDEN and KPHX. Also looking forward to Flightbeam KSFO v2, which should be released 1st quarter 2015.  

If you like regional destinations, Orbx KPSP (Palm Springs, CA), Orbx KMRY (Monterrey, CA), and Orbx KRDD (Redding, CA) are all very nice airports.  

LatinVFR has KSAN (San Diego) and just released KSNA (John Wayne/Orange County-Santa Ana).

As someone else said.. choose an airport in an area that you fly out of mostly. all the companies mentioned are excelltent.. FSDT, FlightBeam, Taxi2Gate and FlyTampa!

Anything from FlyTampa. Superb quality throughout, great performance and customer support. Some of the latest offerings from Taxi2Gate are great as well. You can't go wrong with these two.

I can't speak on behalf of FlightBeam and FSDT/C9 as I don't support products with unfriendly DRM but I'm told they're good too. I'm tempted to get KDEN but I will not as it's a matter of principle.