Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Aerosoft HeathrowX vs UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme 3

I'm waiting for more results before I upgrade.

I bought EGLL v3 the day it was released. It's amazing but hard on fps.

Maybe this SimWings version is the one to have.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Nice video Webmaximus,

Like others I tried the fixer but got poor results just not as smooth as DX9 which is a shame.

Just tried p3d and to be honest it is a stuttering mess so for me as a tube flyer it is back to FSX until such time as P3D is fixed.....do miss those shadows though in 10..

Thanks but sorry to hear you haven't been able to get a good result using DX10. I did some struggling myself at first but after finding the setup guide I linked above (or rather the guide this new guide is based on) I was able to get it up and running real good.

I also have P3D but until the NGX or a similar 738 is available I'll stay with FSX.

Richard Åsberg

Personally - if you're an AI junkie partly like myself, you're really going to have the sacrifice the AI for better performance. I have gained about 3-5fps after disabling UT2 and it has done me good. Its not a massive loss as the AI in FSX aren't the best no matter what one you have...

Frame rate is poor on startup, but when it gets loaded it increases. Its definitely better performance than UK2000 EGLL, I can't say its the best performing scenery, but its pretty good for what it is, good enough I can live with it and I can see myself flying out of their regularly. 

My system specs:

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz

Corsair Platinum 16GB 2400MHz 

GTX 780Ti 3GB 

Two Samsung 840 EVO SSD's one 250GB (with W7 64 bit FSX Drive) and the other 750GB (with W8.1 for other games and P3D)

With UT2 FPS is 26.5 

S_zps42759d02.png

Without UT2 FPS is 28.4

S1_zpsdbed4ff0.png

thanks for that Kieran.. can you advise 2 things... 

what are your clouds set at (ie rex hd clouds ?? )

and what is your texture_max_load ???

Oh and can someone explain to me what eglltraffic.exe is (and what do the tick boxes mean on it "east, west, south and people mover" what does this do ???

cheers as always

many thanks.

14ppkc-6.png

Texture Max Load is at 6. 

I am using ASN real world weather, so what ever the weather was like at the time of flying (I think around 19:00) it was the same as that. A few scattered clouds, with REX 4 Clouds, I can't remember if they're HD or not as I like to keep textures of scenery down to minimum but good enough to look at without being too bad just to keep the VAS down. 

Think that's the main question for me at the mo!

Inform me how it goes! I only worry that SW doesn't have as much "raw" detail and looks a bit "too clean", but please inform otherwise!

Also, this AES....Is this what I had to get for everything to work at FSDT DFW? I should know...but I don't...lol

VAS Usage in the 777 VC lined up on 09L is 2.4GB - AI disabled, autogen disabled, MegaScenery England, Clouds 512x512, Textures @ 4096x4096 and finally ASN running.

Do you have the corresponding VAS figure for UK2000? Does anyone have a VAS comparison between the two versions of EGLL?

VAS Usage in the 777 VC lined up on 09L is 2.4GB - AI disabled, autogen disabled, MegaScenery England, Clouds 512x512, Textures @ 4096x4096 and finally ASN running.

Do you have the corresponding VAS figure for UK2000? Does anyone have a VAS comparison between the two versions of EGLL?

Petraeus

Petraeus

Ok. so I knoew I was expecting too much... 

of course a OOM, on approach into 9L

using the following

vatsim via vpilot

asn

pmdg 777

orbx england / wales /scotland

texture max load=2048

normal (not hd rex clouds)

lod raduis set to 3.0

flew from cyvr to london, got the oom at 7nm out....not happy another 25 euros I could of saved

14ppkc-6.png

orbx england / wales /scotland

Did you disable all the "EGLL" files in FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_ENG_05_SCENERY\scenery

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Anybody struggling with the full UK2000 version might find the FREE version more FPS friendly. It is far less detailed of course but has the essentials ie correct runways, taxiways and major buildings. It works well with my ancient i7 920 2.2.

What framerates do you guys get at UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme version 3 (GO Xtreme setting) without any AI planes active?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

What framerates do you guys get at UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme version 3 (GO Xtreme setting) without any AI planes active?

What plane? 737ngx?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.