Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Question for Airbus fans re: Aerosoft

Look, the bus isn't perfect. Not by any means. However, AS are absolutely stellar in the support department and are far and away from any other dev like PMDG which can take days or even weeks to have a issue addressed, if at all. Am I a Aerosoft ######? No, not at all. Am I however enthralled to have a developer as invested in their own community as Aerosoft is. The fact that PMDG hosts its community and support functions via a third-party (AVSIM) oozes with complacency and laziness. But that's a discussion for another time.

If you have a problem, post it. Aerosoft will break their backs attempting to resolve it for you.

On a side note; I need a few testers to help me out with a fictional paint. If you're interested, shoot me a PM.

IHxcNmF.png

PMDG which can take days or even weeks to have a issue addressed

That's why you submit support tickets in and are usually  addressed with in 24 to 48  hours or  so

The fact that PMDG hosts its community and support functions via a third-party (AVSIM) oozes with complacency and laziness.

You forgot to add "imo" at  the end of your sentence.    Again submit  a support ticket in, that's why its there for,  not  for the pmdg devs  to troll thru all the forums looking for issues since they got better things to do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Be aware that "Nyxx" has issues in getting the 'bus working properly on his own PC.   Some of his comments on the Airbus forum have been on the wrong side of 'perhaps a bit on the  trolling side'.   

His opinion is as valid as anyones, but is nowhere near repersentative of the majority view on the AS Airbuses.    If you want good opinions on it, ask "J van E".  He's very active, fair and knowledgeable on the buses.   I 'read only' on the Aerosoft forum and a lot of the posts I read (and help I've gleaned) have been from J van E.

Thanks for the very kind words.  ^_^ I am indeed very active (something not everyone might look at as positive LOL), I hope to be fair but 'knowledgeable on the buses'... well, I did read a few of the Aerosoft Airbus manuals and almost all posts on the Aerosoft Airbus forum but that's about it! I am not an expert! Just wanted to make that clear to prevent people from thinking I am a real life Airbus pilot or something like that LOL! But anyway, it's nice to see my contributions are being appreciated.  ^_^

Concerning your remarks about Nyxx's post: well, in his defense I have to say that his post is imho a fair review of the Airbus... Knowing where he came from (he wasn't planning on getting that bus at all!) I have to say his post is surprisingly positive...! His advice to buy this plane and enjoy it, isn't the advice I expected to read from him a few weeks ago! This advice, coming from someone who wasn't too positive about the Airbus at first (to put it mildly LOL), is in fact the best promotion Aerosoft could ask for!!!  B) If even Nyxx says you have to get it, you simply have to get it!  :lol:

The people passing judgements such as "It's very light" and "the F/O does way too much" expose that they don't even have the product!!

I don't really know why I answer such a BS in the first place, but I would really like to know why people around here always feel offended when someone raises only the slightest criticism on a product? In all my statements I have claimed that the Aerosoft Airbus is a great add-on. It's only that the built-in checklists never give you a realistic flow nor the option to answer the checklists by voice input. If you turn on the copilot he does everything, if you turn him off, he does nothing. The option to first do whatever the PF has to do before triggering the checklists is the only way, it gives you flows that are at least a little bit realistic. In any way, FS2Crew is much more realistic and imo it is much more immersive. That's all I said. Why people have to comment these things by claiming that I don't own the product, is something I really don't understand. I own it and I have also owned the Airbus Extended for quite some time. And believe me, I know very well how to handle it...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I love the new A318/319. It's the perfect mix of complexity and simplicity for my busy life schedule, as most flights I fly are 2 hours or less. The takeoff and landing are what I enjoy most anyway. You cannot beat this addon for the mission it flies, simulating normal procedures, etc. Even though my flying tine is limited, I like my flying to be as realistic as possible. This addon fits my requirements perfectly. Get it. Now.

Cheers,

Todd

Can't change kgs to lbs

Cannot have wx on one nd and terrain on the other

Wing lights not simulated

Tail light linked to nav lights

Wish they would fix these little things to make a complete package.

I think the second point (same displays for the whole cockpit) is intentional due to their aim at the lowest resource usage and best achievable fps. I could envision people also liking to display raw data on one side, but that would mean separate displays.

The first thing, on the weights, won't stop any pilot but I guess we are both puzzled as to why this rather simple option doesn't enter the game. It even seems like the metric scale is heavily defended (or enforced?) which I like as an SI fan and user but don't understand when it comes to their customer basis, being mixed. :mellow:

Maybe it's a community thing, I don't know.

Yea, the kg vs pounds thing is puzzling.  Being that US flown airbuses use pounds, it's not an outlandish request.

If duplicating the displays is for framerate performance why not give us the option to unlink them if we have a good system?

They could do that - but then they're adding a couple of layers of programming (separate displays, plus the ability to link or unlink them).  Adds time and cost.  These are design tradeoffs - not everyone will agree with them, but it's something developers do to hit price points, release dates and the particular customers they're targeting.  When you target certain customers, you're by definition not targeting other customers, who are going to shop elsewhere.  Very possibly all this is part of their business plan.

The kg/lbs thing makes less sense to me since it seems to be such an easy thing to implement.  Local pride, maybe?

They could do that - but then they're adding a couple of layers of programming (separate displays, plus the ability to link or unlink them).  Adds time and cost.  These are design tradeoffs - not everyone will agree with them, but it's something developers do to hit price points, release dates and the particular customers they're targeting.  When you target certain customers, you're by definition not targeting other customers, who are going to shop elsewhere.  Very possibly all this is part of their business plan.

Exactly.  And I give Aerosoft such credit on this one.  They know what they are trying to do and what audience they are shooting for with this product.  They stick with it.  Even in the face of some tough criticism.  But, they keep with it.  They are up front and honest about what it is and why it is so and don't pretend to be anything else.  I'm not sure about everyone else's opinion of Aerosoft, but I am really impressed with how the Airbus project has been handled.  Mathis and his team have been great!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The addon is almost $50, much more if you want the A320/321. Lacking these basic features in an addon in the year 2014 is unacceptable.

Take a family of four to McDonalds and see how much change you get for 50 smackers. They have to price it accordingly, and not give it away. no profit, no further development.  PMDG is 90, Aerosoft is 50, think about it.

Basic features ? please define basic features ? Default A321 has basic features.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Take a family of four to McDonalds and see how much change you get for 50 smackers

Why on earth would you take your family  to McDonalds for,  I can think of better places  Red Rooster, KFC  and there nothing wrong going  to the local fish and chips   shop   :P

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Good thread, I also enjoy the A320, have yet to get the A319. One thing that I wish I could do (in P3D v2.4) is save a flight with panel state, etc.... I get an error when trying to retrieve flight with panel save enabled in the .cfg. (A comparison in P3D might be the CS B77 where panel state is very well saved and retrieved). Any word on whether the A319 does the panel save any better?

Thankjs, Bruce.