Sign in to follow this  
Jordan1995

FSX Prices

I recently had a scare, When FSX kept crashing, I was able to do a quick search and find my problem. Lucky for me it was a simple thing that was my fault.Sometime long ago I lost my original copy of acceleration,I still have my standard copy. So I began to search, for FSX Gold edition. The prices that came up were outrageous, like $235 on amazon. Anyways if anyone knows a legitimate place to buy a copy please let me know. 

P.S. I know about steam, but i prefer a hard copy.

The Microsoft store usually has the Gold version... It's out of stock though, or was last week when I checked.

Have you tried emailing Amazon? They used to have Gold for about 25 bucks.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Negative on the email. I've looked over the past few days on both Microsoft and amazon.The cheapest on amazon is $65 just for acceleration. I'll keep checking, I was just shocked at the prices.   

The prices that came up were outrageous, like $235 on amazon.

This has been posted before (believe by MGH - Gerry). Those prices are for FSX purchases from dealers in the Far East and probably using their currency, not US currency.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hard copy production has been largely discontinued as far as I know, so hard copies will be getting very scarce, very soon. Retailers can no longer buy copies from most Microsoft distributors around the world. Prices will be going up on boxed copies of FSX GOLD.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

A quick look on Amazon.co.uk shows a few copies @ £110 and £114 shipped from a Uk seller and a Dutch seller, another Uk dealer has it at £50.00.

Ebay is just as crazy here in the Uk.

Wow it's even more expensive than P3D!  I just checked on Amazon and there's a seller in New Jersey selling it for $159.99 and another one from NY selling it for $190.  They must be including a real sliver of gold with it....good lord.  Guess the days when I bought it for $20 bucks are long gone.

Game Stop has it for $29.99, but it's currently out of stock.  At least gas prices are continuing to drop :lol:

Chris Sunseri

I reported several weeks ago that Microsoft had removed FSX Gold from their online store's catalog. Physical disk production stopped several years ago.

Now that stocks are mostly exhausted, we are seeing prices increasing to the levels normally reserved for "antiques" and other such rare items... :unsure:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You can try flightsimstore but as they will have to ship from Australia that may add to the cost. Another Australian computer store ebgames (pretty big company) is selling fax for 18 bucks. Don't know if they ship to outside Australia or if they do how much it costs.

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-145318-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Edition-PC

I've already got 2 copies of fsx. Original and gold. But maybe I should buy up a bunch of cheap copies from ebgames and start selling them on eBay?

www.antsairplanes.com

This makes me nervous. I always figured if my discs got scratched I could just replace it for $30 and be good to go again. Things change quickly. I knew a flight simulator like FSX was worth more than $30 but more than $200? Yikes!

I'll have to excuse myself now, there's some FSX discs I need to prepare for hermetic sealing....

Keep in mind Ethan, that legally you are allowed to make one ISO copy of your original disks for backup purposes.

That is something I did before ever installing FSX the first time, then proceeded to use my ISO copies instead of the originals...

THEY are still "virgins" :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I always figured if my discs got scratched I could just replace it for $30 $300 and be good to go again

I fixed it for ya Ethan B)

Chris Sunseri

You can try flightsimstore but as they will have to ship from Australia that may add to the cost. Another Australian computer store ebgames (pretty big company) is selling fax for 18 bucks. Don't know if they ship to outside Australia or if they do how much it costs.

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-145318-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Edition-PC

I've already got 2 copies of fsx. Original and gold. But maybe I should buy up a bunch of cheap copies from ebgames and start selling them on eBay?

haha I would and sell em for $235. Yall still have ebgames? They were bought out buy gamestop here.

Keep in mind Ethan, that legally you are allowed to make one ISO copy of your original disks for backup purposes.

That is something I did before ever installing FSX the first time, then proceeded to use my ISO copies instead of the originals...

THEY are still "virgins" :LMAO:

If you could share a preferred method for making an ISO copy or have a handy link available it would be much appreciated.

I fixed it for ya Ethan B)

Hah, doesn't quite have the same ring to it anymore...