Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

FSX Steam Edition Multiplayer! Your worst fears come true! Maybe.

Ahahahahahahahahah!!! The noobs are in tha' air with you!!! :ph34r:  :lol:  :wacko:

(Somebody yell "Get off my lawn!!!)

All those planes near the end of the vid remind me of the UFO landing scene at the end of Close Encounters.  :lol:

Sounds like a perfect reason to press for the implementation of the 'Direct

Connect' capability so one can fly on other servers where there are few or no 'interlopers'.!

The primary reason I haven't D/L'd and installed my paid-for version of FSX-SE is that lack of the direct connect option. That and I don't like my programs being

'updated' unannounced as appears to be the case with Steam entities.

Paul

I couldn't get past the first 30 sec. When that F-18 hit the ground right off the taxi way, I couldn''t stop laughing.

jime

Public servers will always be like that. Besides if flying with friends you will naturally just add a password to the server

There IS direct connect. Why do you comment on it when you don't know? MP has been perfect since implementing bejotes fixes.

Most comments about Steam-related aspects are made by people with no clue about Steam... par for the course.

In a year many of these newbies will be better simmers than many of us. Kids pick things up quickly!

Most comments about Steam-related aspects are made by people with no clue about Steam... par for the course.

So true. Granted not everyone here is a pc gamer (who probably all have steam games for a long time). And with all the rest of the big gaming distribution companies giving a bad image of themselves, I see why people are afraid of Steam. Let's not forget they set out to revolutionise something that was dying (pc gaming) and they succeeded.I will always remember how expensive games were back in the days. They also are pushing linux gaming which I admire too. For long time linux users it was a huge step. I started simming on linux and still do when im on xplane or fg. And they also created some gems like half life, portal and even counter strike(played a lot of that in cyber cafe in the early 2000s with my uni mates), when valve was a small young company.

Back on topic. After almost 2 years of learning about aviation and simming extensively I still don't ever imagine flying online, even less with atc heh heh. Im too shameful to do something stupid in front of professionals. Sometimes I wish I was a kid heh heh.

As admittedly funny as the video is, this is fantastic news for the community! Every simmer starts somewhere, and this release is obviously breathing new life into FS.

James

I still don't ever imagine flying online, even less with atc heh heh. Im too shameful to do something stupid in front of professionals. Sometimes I wish I was a kid heh heh.

That is exactly why I have never joined VATSIM lol. I already know that I am an old screw-up. I don't need anyone else to tell me.

First, this was mentioned when FSX-SE first came on the scene, Second, one of the guys I fly with

online has FSX-SE installed and indicated that there was no way to connect directly to the DTP

servers that we fly on.

I'm not about to jeprodize my FSX install by intalling FSX-SE until I can be certain that it

is something that I can use and meets my needs.

Paul

I remember " The Zone " my first taste of Multiplayer looked much like that , its where they will get the bug , i know it looks like a sort of malaise already but those are new bloods , glad to see such a thing again , didn't think i ever would

As admittedly funny as the video is, this is fantastic news for the community! Every simmer starts somewhere, and this release is obviously breathing new life into FS.

James

Totally agreed. This is hilarious and fantastic at the same time (the F18s and choppers had me in stiches)! So glad a crop of new simmers is having a blast... :lol:

Slewing their default 747 sideways is so much fun! :P